FFX - Yay or nay to remake?

If Square Enix made a FFX Remake, Yay..Or Nay?

• Yes, I'd be happy with it.

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Indifferent.

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • No, I like it as it is.

Votes: 15 42.9%

• Total voters
For me its a nay. The game is fine as it, I hope they never remake any of them and just spend time on new installments to the series.

I say nay..

My Reason..

This Final Fantasy was a great one (most popular in america for some reason o_O?) but I dont see a reason to remake it the Story was great,Graphic's were amazing for a PS2 game (pushed the limits of the system imo) everything is fine about it.. I think Remakes should be resevered for old games with poor graphics or games that sounded good but sucked.. just my humble opinon

Nay...but I wonder if this could have been discussed in the other thread? No matter. I don't think it should be remade because of the reasons I gave elsewhere. It's too new, it's also a really good game as it is and I can't see how it can be updated drastically, so it'd be a waste of time and money when they could be developing a brand new game instead

I was tempted to merge the threads at first, but as there is a difference between the two threads (this one appears to be asking for opinions on a remake in general), I'll leave things as they are for the time being. :)

Eh, no. I don't really see much point in a full on remake if it's simply going to be a scale-up of the graphics to HD format (which is called 'remastering' apparently, based on re-releases of games such as the Ico collection). Remastering I suppose could work, though it would depend on whether there is any demand for it. It can be shipped with FFX-2 with scaled-up graphics for the PS3, but it's going to nonetheless take up a bit of the company's time and effort considering they're buried in numerous projects at the moment. It might be a nice thought for those who have never had a PS2 or have never played the game, but at the moment it's not a necessity.

EDIT: If it's alright, I fixed the poll so it doesn't expire in 21 days.

I love this game, I really, really do. But Imma have to say Nay. It's fine the way it is. It's a lovely game, with lovely graphics The only I'd change is the real time expressions. Some of them are a little silly. But in all honesty, it's fine.

(Though I would probably pick up a copy if Square-Enix decided to remake it.)

EDIT: After reading what others have had to say and rethinking my anwser, I have to say I agree with Squidy. Some other games deserve a remake first before they even consider FFX.

Last edited:
I voted no, but I don't really have anything else to say. Everyone else above has pretty much covered it. This game is as good as the story can allow it to be. Technology-wise, I still consider it top shelf.. So remaking it would just seem redundant.

I'd really like to see a remake of any game prior to VIII, as they (unlike their successors) I think would really benefit from a technological upgrade.

Nay!
Because the game is still quite new compared to the other FF games! I think 1-6 deserve a remake before 10 does!

Nay!
Because the game is still quite new compared to the other FF games! I think 1-6 deserve a remake before 10 does!
Well said!

I say Nay also for Toni's reason, but also because X was the most 'complete' game i've ever played. The story AND battle mechanics made for a really enjoyable playthrough, most other FF's lack in one aspect in comparison to others.

The game is good the way it is. Sure I'd like to see the graphics re-mastered, but there are other FF's that need that more (SNES FF's).

I am indifferent. If they were to announce a remake, I won't be exactly angry or too happy. It's a brilliant game. The graphics are decent. There is no need for a remake NOW. Maybe 5-10 years down the road? When the gaming industry has developed enough that we can actually enter virtual reality and play the game? Lol

sarcasm aside, they REALLY need to work on new fresh titles before considering an FFX remake, like what almost everyone said.

Nay, the game is still new to me, even though it's nearing ten. There are others that need a complete remake for new new systems before X.

gonna have to be a nay for me..... the game is prefect just the way it is.... the battle system for me is the best in the whole franchise, the storyline rules.... and characters are just amazing... if they remastered the graphics (like others have said) into ps3/xbox 360 format... then maybe and i would buyy it.. but no changing the storyline/battle system.

like others have said... if they remastered/remade it.. i would go buy it.. i just hope square don't change anything else.. just the graphics

You would get a yay from me....But a NO WAY for it to be done now.

I can see why some people are starting to want a remake and even hough its been ten years.....People were dying for an FFVII remake in 2007 because of the tech demo.

I would like to play this game again at some point in my life but on another console.....Like probably PS6 (if there will be one),I don't care I'll still play it if I'm 80 years old.

I don't see why not......if they do remake FFVII and its released in 10 years time which they estimate is going to take,I wouldn't mind seeing this remade to but way later. After all they have remade FFIII & IV for the DS and its likely FFV and FFVI will be too for another handheld. But if they can remake older, and less popular FF's I'm sure they can do it for FFX as well(but when it becomes older and less popular :wacky:).

,I don't care I'll still play it if I'm 80 years old.

xDDD

Me too man!
Because I would totally still play it, but I'm starting to swing indifferently now.
I would like a remake, but I don't think it would be inapropriate for them to make one now...

As someone said before, they should concentrate on making new titles.

FFX doesn't need a remake. It's great as it is.

I don't see why they'd remake X when they still haven't remade VII, VIII, or IX. I read a statement by someone at Square that said that it would be almost impossible to get enough staff to work on a VII remake while still making other games. Imagine how it would be for X. At the moment, not only inappropriate but rightly impossible.

I'd still love to see a 3D remake of VI. *crosses fingers*

I would be happy if they added a lot more content- more side quests tons of back story/ maybe more on auron & jecht originally and how auron gets to tidus in dream zanark.

Definitely no, there are a lot of games who really could use a remake (especially the ones that were in the PSX) before even considering X. Besides, FFX would have been a great story with a great ending if it weren't for the whole X-2 (you take a great storyline and then make a Square-Enix's version Charlie's Angels :hmph: )

Besides what's the point? We have a tv with a built in PS2 available, the PS2 consoles are quite cheap right now and the PS2 game collection is still relatively large. The FFX PS2 graphics aren't that bad either.

Back