Favorite Stand-Up Comedian

I have many but if I had to boil it down to a few comedians I would go with Dave Chapelle, and Chris Rock. I love the both of them because they can tell a joke in such a manner that you're able to "get it" on several different levels. It can be shocking and so you laugh and enjoy it on a very base level, while at the same time having a deeper meaning, thus making it "high comedy" at the same time.

Demetri Martin and Dane Cook. They're just funny. XD

Demetri is odd. I love the large pad jokes.

Dane is funny without trying, imho.

I agree with CoH, Dane Cook is simply amazing and she's right, he looks as if he doesn't need to put any effort into being funny. I love his little thing about women in the cinema and how awkward they are. xD

Demetri Martin and Dane Cook. They're just funny. XD

Demetri is odd. I love the large pad jokes.

Dane is funny without trying, imho.
I hate them both tbh:gasp:

Who I like:
Paul Merton
Bill Bailey
Dylan Moran
Dave Chappelle
David Mitchell
Rich Hall
Reginald D Hunter
All of whom make me laugh, which isn't true of most other comedians.

At the moment its Frankie Boyle. He doesnt give a shit what he says or who it offend he just goes and says it anyway. The things he thinks up specially on mock the week are just brilliant, the other comediand step down when he walks up to the pillar as they know hes the star of the show.

favourite comedian

well i have two favourite comedians
micheal macintyre and omid dijilli there so amazing both of them have showed up on various shows but where i saw them from was Live at the apollo

lol I like Katt Williams a lot-he's funny as crap. Then there is Dane Cook and Dave Chappelle. Those 3 are my favorite, even though their opinions can be biased sometimes lol.

I saw Ross Noble in York a little while ago, and he was amazing! I'm seeing Russell Howard in Leeds soon, and I'm hoping he'll be good.

I have all of Ricky Gervais' DVDs, and I love him. Bill Bailey is good also, but his latest one, Tinselworm was kind of disappointing. Eddie Izzard is good for a laugh too.

Russell Peters and Katt Williams.

They're two of my favorites, I can't actually remember.. it's been awhile since I've viewed their stuff but me and my mates normally chill to their stuff. I wish I could see more Stand up Comedians, there aren't many famous ones that come to New Zealand.

It would have to be someone who could have multiple acts and have each one equally hilarious or memorable. I like a lot of comedians, but it's hard to name a favorite because either I've only seen one show from that person or the others just weren't as good as that one. That puts them all more or less equal in my book.

I'd have to say that, if I were to decide one, it'd be Ricky Gervais. I can watch his act (the one that was an HBO comedy special, whether the version intended for UK or America) countless times and laugh my ass off each and every.

Last edited:
For me, it'd have to be Peter Kay. I wanted to go see him live because he's not doing anymore tours after this one, but I unfortunately couldn't get tickets. However, I've seen him on DVD and he definitely cracks me up!

Another one, although I've not seen him too much yet, is Alan Carr. Whenever the guy is on and speaks, I almost always burst out laughing. I love Chatty Man and Celebrity Ding Dong! They're some of the best comedy shows out there right now.

Mine are Dara O'Briain and Billy Connolly. Ive loved Billy for years and I discovered Dara afew years ago with Jack Dee at the Apollo. Then I started watching Mock the Week about 4 years ago. I love them both. Seen Dara, he was great in person. Need to see Billy before he retires.

It has to be Michael McIntyre, Dara O'Brien and Russell Howard for me. If I have to condense my favourite comedians into as tight of a choice as possible- these three are my dream team.

Russell is one of my newest additions. He and Frankie Boyle (until Frankie left) would steal the show of Mock the Week for me. I love how Russell is able to twist such random yet trivial things into things worth laughing at. Dara- I first saw him on Live at the Apollo and then on Mock the Week. I love how he would react fiercely if anyone insults Ireland in front of him.

As for Michael- I've seen him nearly everywhere and I particularly wish that he becomes a regular on Mock the Week. I have his DVD- it has had me literally on the floor laughing. He jokes about anything- even telecommunication and makes it absolutely hilarious with his funny voice acting. I wonder why people think he looks Chinese though.

Just a small reminder that stating your favourite stand-up comedian will not be enough to count as a satisfactory post. Reasons for liking them will need to be included. Otherwise, these one-liner posts will be counted as spam and be deleted.

Thank you. Please continue with the discussion.

I'd say my favourites are Tim Minchin, Russel Howard, Frankie Boyle and Bill Bailey.
Frankie was always my favourite on Mock the Week, and basically left us in stitches. Bill Bailey and Tim Minchin started when I saw there shows, and they were amazing, Bill putting a twist on music, and Tim just.... offending people. Russel wasn't someone I really was interested in with Mock the Week. He'd say something and I'd basically smile and chuckle. Wasn't until his new show over the last few months that I started appreciating him.
So far, only been to a Tim Minchin concert, and it was good.

Back