Favorite Sport

What's Your Favorite Sport?

• Total voters

Busta

Bang-a-Rang!
Veteran
Gil
Seymour
See there's not much activity in this section depending on which sports season is going on.

Overall though I wanna know which sport you guys consider your favorite.

Overall I gotta say mine's basketball. Mainly Pro, I get pumped over the New York Knicks watching them since I was about 11. Playing the game as well, it's what I do when I need to get stuff off my mind. Go out, late at night, shoot around, or team up with a buncha people to play some ball.

2nd though, is Volleyball. Prob my vest sport, but it's so rare to find people that want to play it. :/

What about you guys?

Hmmm My favourite game to play is Badminton, because its... well.. easy and not as tiresome as a lot of other sports.
I also really like Volley Ball but I suck at it so I don't really play it much.

If we're talking about sport to watch then its definitely Aussie Rules Football (AFL) one of the most exciting awesome sports to watch ever, and who doesnt' wanna see a bunch of sexy men running around in mini shorts???

There's 2 responses i can use with this question, and tell you them both, i shall. :monster:

1.Cheerleading!
Nothing beats women in miniskirts doing flips n shit in the air <3

2.Ice Hockey.
I've always loved ice skating, so whenever i watch Ice Hockey i imagine smashing prople into the sideguards. Also, i was good at being a goalie in ground hockey when we played in the hall during Highschool <3

/me Raises Hockey stick with Candian flag taped to it!

The good ol Hockey game. I love it. Especially when I can Shout Insults at the people who get out when Im behind the Oposing Teams penalty box. :ohoho: :tehe: :ohoho:

Huge fan of Basketball. Favorite team is the Houston Rockets, then the Phoenix Suns, and then the San Antonio Spurs. I also love to play basketball, just hanging with friends, having fun, bunch of trash talking.

I'm a basketball fan but only when I get to play! I hate watching everyone else get in on the action while I'm stuck in a chair, expected to sit still and watch. I was in the basketball club in high school and college. Star shooter and one hellova defender. Pissed others off to no need on the opposing team. :awesome: Since I finished college, I haven't had anybody to play against though. Which is really depressing. Basketball isn't a popular sport in the area I live in so it is hard to find many clubs for my age group. Football seems to be the obsession in Scotland. : /

EDIT: Nothing like American football with the helmets, et cetera...
I think it's called soccer in the US?

Im playing basketball and ride skateboard =)

Mod Edit: Please put more effort into your post. This is a post count section and this is slightly spammy, but since you're a newbie, I'll let you off. Just try not to do it again, ok? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love skateboarding. I've been doing it since I was 8 so it's something I've grown up with. I think it's one of the harder sports out there in terms of injuries:mrgreen: I just moved back into an old house for a few months before I move again and my skateboard is here!!! SO tempting to go out for a couple of hours and have a session.

Since this is becoming a popular topic and to prevent any similar ones ...

[Stickied]

To answer, my favourite one to watch would be football. It's the English version of soccer, though I've still got no idea why we don't have the same name nowadays. Admittedly, I don't watch it as much anymore since matches are usually on when I'm working. But I'll still catch my team whenever I can.

As for those that I play, I like a wide variety. I like rounders, netball and football. Those are my main favourites.

For me it has to be Rugby however, I have missed most of the 6 Nations due to being out with friends on the weekend, but the Rugby World Cup starts in September so will be looking forward to watching that.

Formula 1 is another sport I enjoy watching. the new season starts in March but the first race has been cancelled due to protests in Abu Dhabi so not quite sure what is happening at the minute.

My favourite sport is soccer (Football) and I play in a football team and my 2nd favourite sport is Baseball.

Football, as in soccer.

I play it, watch it and own a season ticket and love pretty much everything to do with it. Being in the Champo is definitely a lot different from being in the Premiership in all possible ways apart from what your watching has a little less quality. Definitely can't wait for some Champion's League during my holiday. Totally missing that bitch. :ryan:

Rugby, it's the national sport.
I played, I was okay, nothing more, I gave up because it wasn't much fun playing against people who were a lot bigger than you. It's full of giants:rage: I like watching it, not live though because the stadium is in a shithole. I quite like League too.

My favourite sport is cricket. It's a love shared by a select few, but I am a member at my local county (Nottinghamshire), and was lucky enough to see a large part of our Championship winning season last year. Many people misunderstand cricket. It's a sport of immense depth and complexity. Few sports combine the elements of luck, skill and hard toil in a way that cricket does. Few formats of any sport are as rewarding, as simultaneously lacklustre and brilliant, as the ultimate form of cricket - Test Matches. Second to cricket, I am a big football fan. When I say football I mean real football, where people kick the ball around. I also enjoy Tennis.

Obviously, America's Pasttime. I can't get enough of it. I get sad in the offseason because there are no more games, but I also look forward to Spring Training in March. YAY BASEBALL!!!

SKIING! :O On real snow.

This sport is incredible! The open landscape, covered in a thick, soft pure white sheet. I love whizzing downhill, and love skiing slowly down a gentle slope through trees. It's incredibly liberating and the location is often inspirational. :) Chatel in France was probably my favourite place to visit...

The food on skiing holidays is pretty good too! I used to eat A LOT of chips and A LOT of chocolate mousse. I don't like chips, but I remember these being amongst the best I have had. :D

Basketball for me...I've been a fan of basketball for so many years. My favorite teams differ, depending which players are playing for them, like no matter which team Shaquille O'Neal :santa: played for I was a fan of them, especially when he played for Celtics with Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen. Also Lakers when they had Shaq, Kobe, Karl Malone and Gary Payton :love: ...to bad Shaq has now retired, looking forward to listen to him as a commentator though.

Played for 5 years.

Soccer and Fitness are also some of my favorites. Been doing fitness for several years, but soccer just for fun with the guys.

I clicked other, Simply because I prefer Wii Sports! HA!
Ok, that was immature.
However, I don't mind Basketball, Played it back in school, (not a racial comment here) But it turns out that a short white guy cant play basketball to a high enough standard. (Again, Not racist)

my favorite sport is one that i am actively a part in, BMX. I am the current PA state bmx champion and ranked 10th in the nation. although i am off to rough start this half way point in the season. missing every national up to this point and all state races but one due to a pulled tendon in my thumb that doesn't seem to want to heal right. as of now, i am still holding strong in my state ranking. still at no.1 even though i raced once.. but nationally i am sitting at 92. i am finally doing local races again and make my national debut at my home tracks national here in pittsburgh. the stars n stripes national. hopefully i do well as i have not been able to get much practice in till a few weeks ago.

Back