Favorite moments from the FF Series?

FFIV: Cecil's redemption at Mt Ordeals, Rydia's return, closing epilogue
FFVI: ANYTHING Kefka says. "Son of a submariner". "Edgar, why do you have to live in the middle of nowhere?".
FFVII: Far too much to mention. I've got especially happy memories of Cosmo Canyon and the Gold Saucer.
FFVIII: SeeD mission, Squall walking Rinoa to Esthar on his back.
FFX: Auron's monologue before the Yunalesca fight.

FINAL FANTASY V- When Bartz and Galuf find out that Faris is a girl and not a boy, their expressions seem to scream: "WHAT IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT'S HOLY IS THIS???!!!!"

FINAL FANTASY VI- The scene in the Opera House with Celes. Sniff. And of course in a contrasting theme- I also loved everything with Ultros in it.

FINAL FANTASY VII- It has to be the scene you can get with Cloud and Barret together in the Golden Saucer ride. The awkward silences here are just hilarious.

CRISIS CORE- Genesis VS Angeal VS Sephiroth CGI scene. Sephiroth was just uber.

FINAL FANTASY VIII- Balamb Garden VS Galbadia Garden. How often is it that two schools go to war with each other like this?

FINAL FANTASY IX- Kuja ordering Bahamut to destroy the Alexandrian fleet to kill Brahne. Tragic if you think about it as it is so unexpected and that Brahne actually has redeeming factors.

FINAL FANTASY X- Firstly, Yuna's sending dance in Kilika. Secondly, the revelation to Tidus in Bikanel that Yuna will die and thirdly, the kiss scene in Macalania Lake.

FINAL FANTASY X-2- When Yuna sings 1000 Words in the Thunder Plains.

FINAL FANTASY XII- When Judge Bergan's body practically nearly explodes after the boss battle. I sat there thinking: "HA! SERVES YOU RIGHT, YOU LAPDOG OF VAYNE!"

ffXII battle with tiazmat it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long after it finished my hands were numb and i didnt play for a month and when i started playing again i had to go to bahumat to play the last part of the game with vayne,vayne novus,then the undying.

ffXII battle with tiazmat it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long after it finished my hands were numb and i didnt play for a month and when i started playing again i had to go to bahumat to play the last part of the game with vayne,vayne novus,then the undying.

I'm a bit confused....are you saying that this was one of your favourite moments from the series or have you posted in the wrong thread...? This post doesn't feel like it belongs here ¬.¬

I'll definitely have to come back and edit this! It's been a while since I've played some of these games (I only own 10, 10-2 and 12 :sad2:)

FF7: When Sephirtoth kills "you know who" (just in case people might not have got that far yet :D)
FF9: The opening hour of the game with Tantalus is one of the best imo.
FF10: Auron's little speech before fighting Seymour in Bevelle + Rescuing Yuna from the wedding in Bevelle (sliding on the wires from the airship, didn't Kimarhi's feet get hot?)
FF10-2: The battle with Shuyin.

The moment when Squall, and co, try to assassinate Edea, in FFVIII, during the festival. The whole build up is just so brilliantly dramatic and tense. First, you have to escape from the room Rinoa accidentally gets stuck in, and while you're trying to escape a timer suddenly pops up and starts counting-down the remaining time left until the festival begins; then, once you've escaped the room, you have to navigate your way through a maze of sewers, with the timer still counting-down and the pressure building by the second. The switching over between characters was good too, so you got to see what both parties were experiencing, and felt, and then, in the end, after you had done all of that, Irvine goes and blunders his bloody shot, and misses Edea; then, my heart just stopped, and it switches to CGI, and Squall jumps into a car and goes after Edea himself; it was just such enthralling heart-in-the-mouth stuff. The best moment in any game, let alone any Final Fantasy game, in my opinion. I loved it.

Last edited:
One of my favorite moments was the wedding seen at Bevelle in X. I loved the part when your party slides down the grappling wires to disrupt the ceremony. Also I loved the part when yuna jumped, because it was a pretty beautiful looking scene. Also, Yuna's dress was pretty sweet for the wedding, and I wish she could have just left it on.

VI: The whole opera house scene.
VII: Sephiroth's assassination of you know who.
VIII: The whole 'assassination of Edea' mission. Right down to when she pierced Squall through the chest.
IX: The whole attack on Alexandria scenario, which involved the clash of Alexander and Bahamut, Trance Kuja obliterating Terra and the sky chase in which Vivi delivers a nice Thunder attack on the Black Waltz 3 pursuer.
X: Yuna's sending, Anima's summoning at Luca Stadium.

the five best moments for me are
1: ff7 Aeies death
2: the end of x where tidus jumps into the clouds
3: the scene in x with tidus and yuna in the woods
4: the end of xii with balthier and fran inside the sky fortress, where he carries her out sayin the leadin man never dies
5: the end of 8 when zell chokes on hot dogs :P

my fav is the scene in the Ragnarok in 8 with Squall and Rinoa, and Eyes on Me playin in the background.

btw, first post!

When Yuna et al go to tell Yunalesca that
the Final Summoning is "a false tradition and should be thrown away"

It's so symbolic - as though you're challenging God's right hand. When Yunalesca reveals that she'll essentially
put the party out of their misery
, it gives me chills every time.

Another notable moment is when the party first arrive in Mt. Gagazet and are challenged by the Ronso, followed by Kimahri vs Biran & Yenke. Awesome fight.

There are so many scenes that stood out to me and became my favorites in a couple of the games. Be warned for spoilers.

FFX - After finally arriving to Zanarkand and seeing it in such a state sent chills down my spine, it really made me think of all the lives that were lost there and then it made me think of what a place it must have been. The look on Tidus' face when he gazes upon the place he once knew as 'Home' made me almost want to cry, it just made me wonder what was going through his mind and then when he looked at Yuna, the realization that this was the last stop for her made an array of emotions bloom within me.

Confronting Lady Yunalesca. This was emotional to me as well, to see the very first summoner and find out that she is actually the bad guy, brainwashed into thinking the final summoning was the 'Only Way' to defeat sin. Her speech was nothing short of spectacular and was very moving, and then Auron's speech right along with it pumped me up.

Seeing the Fayth on Mt.Gagazet was chilling, to see their bodies still there it must have been hard on them.

The spring scene for obvious reasons, it was truely touching as Tidus and Yuna confessed to one another through actions their true feelings and then Tidus' vow to stay with Yuna 'Always' had me wishing for someone like that.

Wakka's laugh when Tidus first comes to Besaid...I cracked up laughing at the way it looked and sounded. Enough said.

FFXII - The opening movie was beautiful but the scene where Ashe is mourning over Rasler gave me goosebumps, the music really added to it.

Balthier's actions at the end were heroic and made him certainly worthy for the title of a Hero, I found myself respecting him even more then I already did.

Vaan's lack of thought when he asked Fran how old she really was, that scene had me giggling at how naive the boy can really be.

My favourite moment from the Final Fantasy Games I have played would have to be:

Crisis Core: The scene in which Zack is crying and Aerith comforts him with a hug.

FFX: The scene in which Tidus and Yuna are in the Macalania Lake and share a kiss. :gasp: It is the most beautiful scene I have ever seen in any game before!

FFX-2: The scene in which Yuna finds herself in the Farplane and thinks that Shuyin is Tidus at first and Shuyin thinks she is Lenne, and they share a hug. It is so sad. =(

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, when Zack died because you grow to like zack and how he takes care of cloud then fights shinra one last time and gets overwelmed and gets shot loads of times then a cg scene where zacks got blood on his face and bullet holes in him then it goes to aerith who starts cryin cos she knows somethings wrong and cloud crawls over to zack and then zack tells him you are my living legacy my dreams my honour are yours now and hands him the buster sword. it was so sad but epic cos he asks at the end did i become a hero? yes.
this is my first post their could be mistakes...

1. The scene with Tidus and Yuna in Macalania lake, the graphic were amazing and it was a great scene. FFX

2. The scen in FFX when the group was sitting at the Zanarkand ruins around the fire, the awsome theme song played and it was a breathtaking moment. It made you feel like you were in the game. i.e. it can also be seen when you pop in the game at the start menu.

FFIV: Cecil becoming a Palidan. It was such an awesome moment for the time that this game came out and it was one of the first if not the first redemption story in a video game RPG.

FFV: Galuf dying. The way he went out was just awesome and amazing to watch. One of the best scenes from V.

FFVI: The world ending. A huge twist in the game and quite exciting to watch.

FFVII: Cloud reaching for Aerith's hand after defeating Sephiroth. There is just something too sweet about that. Also the weapons coming out of the Earth.

FFVIII: Laguna at Raine's grave at the end. Always brings a tear to my eyes.

FFIX: The bahamut and Alexander fight and watching Alexandria being destroyed.

FFX: The wedding and the very end. We all know what happends :)

IV: The paladin scene, especially because
his father
was the one speaking to him in the room--I thought it was a good reminder for Cecil that even though he was suddenly something heroic and special, he still needed to be humble, because there were still people who knew more about what was going on than he did. I also loved the raising of the Big Whale--I'd love to ride in that thing, and their flying to the moon in it was epic--I actually went back and forth between there and Earth a few times in a row just to watch it :)

VI: Celes's leap of faith. That scene was incredibly touching, and especially if you spent enough time wandering around the new WOR with just her, you could really get a feel for how lonely she must have been. Very, very good scene development. And I loved Setzer revisiting Daryl's tomb, that was probably the most I've ever cried in any FF.

VII: All the backstory cutscenes for Barret, Cid, and Nanaki. They were my favorite characters throughout the game, and even though Cloud's story was great too, I felt like learning more about where these characters came from was always a refreshing step away from the main plotline. Plus they're all pretty tough characters, so it was interesting to see how they acted in situations that tested their emotions.

IX: Zidane
going back for Kuja at the end
. It was the ultimate burying-the-hatchet scene, it was very moving how they acted towards each other there. (I was mad that
Kuja didn't make it
, though :/) And the scene where Eiko jumped off the airship and fell down to where Dagger was atop Alexandria Castle was really cool too, it was a good non-verbal demonstration of the power the old Summoner tribe must've had before they all died out.

X: I liked the Jecht sphere where Jecht was trying to leave an encouraging message for Tidus, but had trouble putting the right words together. That was one of the scenes that (for me, anyway) made the ending so powerful--Tidus had grown up thinking his father hated him, but then he heard this message, which showed that he really didn't feel that way. I also loved the scene where Sin came right up to Tidus in the Zanarkand ruins, and there was kind of this silent understanding between them--it was like, "this is it, we have to finish this." I haven't played the game in a while, but that short little scene really left an impression on me.

XII: The scene at the top of Ridorana. I have yet to finish XII, but for me this was by far the most dramatic and exciting part of the story so far, and the atmosphere of the tower as you're ascending lets you know that something really big is about to happen :)

X-2: The secret ending where Yuna and Tidus enjoy eachother at the Zanarkand Ruins. I was so proud of myself when I got 100%.

Back