Both the FFVII Remake and Marvel's Avengers delayed

FFVIIR_June2019_Concert.jpg

Bad news for those of you who have booked days off work to do some eco-terrorism on the 3rd March this year. Your environmental extremism will have to wait until 10 April, because Square Enix have announced that the anticipated Final Fantasy VII Remake is to be delayed for approximately five weeks. The announcement came with a message from the game's producer Yoshinori Kitase:

We know that so many of you are looking forward to the release of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE and have been waiting patiently to experience what we have been working on. In order to ensure we deliver a game that is in-line with our vision, and the quality that our fans who have been waiting for deserve, we have decided to move the release date to April 10, 2020.

We are making this tough decision in order to give ourselves a few extra weeks to apply final polish to the game and to deliver you with the best possible experience. I. on behalf of the whole team, want to apologize to everyone, as I know this means waiting for the game just a little bit longer.

Thank you for your patience and continued support.
Avengers body double team?.jpg

Nor is this the only announced delay of a Square Enix game. Marvel's Avengers was slated for a 15 May release for PS4, Xbox One, PC and Stadia, but has also been pushed back, this time to 4 September 2020, citing necessary extra development time to ensure extra polish.

To our fans,​
At Crystal Dynamics our ambition has always been to deliver the ultimate Avengers gaming experience. In order to achieve that goal, we have made the difficult decision to move the release date of Marvel’s Avengers to September 4, 2020.​
As fans ourselves, it’s an honor and a privilege to work with these legendary characters and we know what these Super Heroes mean to us and True Believers around the world. When we set out to bring you our vision for Marvel’s Avengers, we committed to delivering an original story-driven campaign, engaging co-op, and compelling content for years to come. To that end, we will spend this additional development time focusing on fine tuning and polishing the game to the high standards our fans expect and deserve.​
The worldwide teams working on Marvel’s Avengers sincerely appreciate the support you’ve shown us. We thrive on your enthusiasm and feedback and we can’t wait to show you more. We apologize for the delay. We’re confident it will be worth the wait.​
Scot Amos & Ron Rosenberg​
Co-Heads of Studio, Crystal Dynamics​

If your March is now suddenly looking moribund and you're looking for something else to play, good news! Animal Crossing New Horizons for the Switch comes out on the 20th March! Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX comes out on the 6th and is also for Switch! What more can you ask for?

Nova Crystallis | Gematsu

Last edited:
Linnaete

Linnaete

And the delays begin! Luckily, I have already preordered it so whatever year they decide to release it, it'll just come straight to my door.

• Haha
Reactions: Six
This delay will place this less than a week before Cyberpunk 2077. In the span of like six days, two major RPGs with dystopian urban settings and heavily imbued and informed by thematic underpinnings of the cyberpunk genre will come out and compete for people's wallets. If a delay is necessary to polish up the final product and minimalise whatever crunch is necessary, then I'm happy for the developers. Unfortunately for Square Enix themselves, this collision course with Cyberpunk 2077 won't go in their favour. Apparently pre-order estimates for the PS4 version of Cyberpunk alone is already eclipsing that of FFVII.

I did have holiday booked off for the Remake too! - I think my workplace is used to me cancelling weeks off by now from all the gaming delays :P

If they need extra time and would otherwise be rushing the product, it is better for them to take the time to polish it up.
People have waited this long already so an extra month isn't going to hurt too much.

My heart did sink that it might mess KupoCon's launch parties up a bit. That was my only concern. Thankfully, they're still set to go ahead as planned.

I was thinking of the same thing. When I saw that Final Fantasy VII Remake was delayed from one of the game websites, I was completely shocked. I didn't expect to see that coming at all. The first thing that came on my mind was, how long will it be delayed? After reading the new information and saw that it was going to be delayed for one month only, I was completely calmed. April is the month where my birthday is at.

It is a blessing for me to see the new release date of the remake of my favorite final fantasy game been released in that same month. That gives me an extra month to complete my savings and ensure the game. I can see that Square Enix are trying their best to make the game as perfect as they possibly can. This means that they are giving their all to make the game as impactful as they can when it is released and make the fans enjoy every single minute of it.

Last edited:
A month of fine-tuning might be worth it. But i rather have an update instead of a delay. Only time will tell if the delay was worth it.

I knew Avengers was going to get a big delay. based on what we last saw on E3, it didn't look like a game that was even close to being complete. I honestly dont have big expectations for Avengers.

Boo! The Remake was set to release around my birthday! I guess we'll have to settle for Setzer's birthday instead. :P

I think I share the same sentiments as the others - I'd rather have it be delayed and done right as they intend it. A month isn't long - honestly we're already half way through January and it just feels like yesterday was Christmas. I guess it just gives me more time for Animal Crossing 😎

April is busy for me though, but I guess I'll just have to make room. Priorities.

Seriously? Are you familiar with a game called FFXV?
Yes I am familiar with Final Fantasy XV. I know that it was delayed more times than I can count, but what I am saying is that I didn't expect to see Final Fantasy VII Remake been delayed. It took me by surprised when I saw the news and I was kind of worried about it. I thought that it was going to be delayed for a long time but it wasn't. I'm glad that it didn't happened like Final Fantasy XV did. Too many delays is something that people don't like to see.

Yes I am familiar with Final Fantasy XV. I know that it was delayed more times than I can count, but what I am saying is that I didn't expect to see Final Fantasy VII Remake been delayed. It took me by surprised when I saw the news and I was kind of worried about it. I thought that it was going to be delayed for a long time but it wasn't. I'm glad that it didn't happened like Final Fantasy XV did. Too many delays is something that people don't like to see.

It was mostly a joke but in all honesty, no one should be surprised when SE delays things is what I'm saying. Totally get the disappointment though. Hopefully it really is only delayed for a few weeks and this isn't the first in a series of delays.

That's because both the Remake and Cyberpunk are fleeing from the one true upcoming video game title that truly encapsulates what it means to be trapped in a soul-crushing dystopian society.

Animal Crossing.

That's right. Animal Crossing is a dystopian hellscape. It tricks you into believing it's a delightfully cute bit of escapism, warmly welcoming you to its bosoms whenever you're having a bad day, or after a particularly grueling shift at work. You return to the game, to your adorable village, and to your adorable array of spritely, cutesy animal neighbours all eager to welcome you home. But the truth is far more sinister than it seems, and not just because you're an eternal slave to Tom Nook's crushing claws of capitalism. Social inequality is rife in Animal Crossing, and your villager protagonist is a nobody if you cannot survive the in-game daily grind to appease Master Tom Nook before he singlehandedly tears the roof from above your head, leaving you destitute, penniless and without mercy while your neighbours do nothing to mitigate your perilous situation.

So if you're looking to purchase a game this March and for whatever reason you're determined that it must only be a game with a bleak, dreary dystopian setting, your only option is Animal Crossing.

Omg I laughed so hard reading the first sentence of this article. :,D
What a shame tough, I really had my great plan to turn into an eco-terrorist in March. But now it has no wait a little more!

To be honest I'm not angry at all and I have my two reasons for that:
1. If delaying a little could help developers to create a more polished gaming experience, I can wait. In this case I have been waiting since 2015, I can wait one more month!
2. My birthday is in April, so it will be a pre-birthday present for me. *3*

Back