Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters

Squid

Suck my dick.
Veteran
Gil
Hi Guys

So which do you prefer?

I prefer books. I like holding the pages in my hand, I find they are easier to read as well. eBooks are the way of the future... I can see them eventually taking over and books will be a thing of the past, this makes me sad :(

Anyway, what's your opinion? Do you prefer the old way or do you like the idea of carrying all your books on one little device? :)

:mokken: i prefer books mainly because it actually puts me in the mood to read and not play games because if i had a ebook subconsciously i would most likely want to play video games

so regular old books are the way to go for me.... down with ebooks protect the old way of reading :dave:

If I'm reading leisurely I prefer actual books as they are easier on the eyes.

If I'm reading for research I still prefer actual books. However ebooks can be quite convenient for quickly finding what I need, but I don't like reading them for too long. So if I realize I'll be spending a lot of time reading a particular ebook, I'll typically print out the pages I need or see if they have it at the library.

Bought a Kindle. Was great at first, but I didn't realize that I tend to reread passages (or entire chapters at times) and continually reference things from past pages as part of my book reading habit. I found out that I tend to flip back and forth a lot once I figured you can't do this with convenience on the Kindle.

So the qualm for me about the Kindle type stuff at the moment is simply by the inability of the reader to navigate quickly and flip back and forth between passages at will. It's almost impossible to do this on the Kindle with the ease of a paper back book.

I prefer eBooks as it's easier and I'm more technical. Also, it's easier to stay on the same page which with a book you can easily lose (which is what I tend to do .__.).

My preference goes to books. However, when the text/story/whatever is short I don't really mind e-books. It simply comes down to this: do I have sufficient time to stay in one place and finish the book or is the book so long that I'll be moving around and reading it in different places?

That being said, I'd still regret the takeover of the reading "industry" by e-books if it comes to pass one day.

Books probably because I dont know what ebooks are. But they sound kind of cool mabey if I knew what thay were I might like it more than books because books are boring if im going to do something quietly in my room I would probably listen to music than read a book.

I equally like both books and ebooks. Books are the classic way to read; sit down on a sofa, lay back and read. I like it because the atmosphere is just so relaxing. Also, I enjoy feeling the pages and turning them over, as well as the colour of the pages.

But then, ebooks are very convenient. I can just read any book I want without having to search a bookcase or go out to buy it, etc. And, it's very portable indeed.

I'm not fussed.

I guess this is where I go old-fashioned and prefer physical books than electronic ones, mainly because I've never bothered using eBooks. I can see the convenience in eBooks as with all kinds of electronic equipment as you needn't worry about finding that particular book or lose the page you were at, but I don't want to read a novel via a screen as it really can be hard on the eyes. I do prefer the calm atmosphere of just sitting down with an actual novel in hand and just read without worry of staring at a screen for too long. I suppose though if I'm looking for shorter texts such as useful journals and articles for research or just for some intellectual reading, then I wouldn't mind using eBooks for that.

Books for me. I hate eBooks. A book is supposed to be something you can hold and turn the pages with. :(

With eBooks, laziness is encourage and people don't even turn pages anymore. Not only that, but devices that allow you to read eBooks are generally really bright and hurts my eyes.

(I feel as if eBooks ruin books. >.>)

I prefer having a book to hold.

I prefer holding the real thing in my hand and reading it. I don't think I could handle staring at a glaring screen all the time while I'm reading.

I prefer having a nice bookshelf of my favourites as well.

Sure the E-Book saves space and is more compact but I'm always going to love real books over E-Books.

Book. I like having a hard copy of everything (books, games etc), rather than a deletable electronic copy, if I can

I prefer books to ebooks. I understand how convenient and ebook can be, since you can carry multiple books with you at once without it becoming too much. However, I just like the feel and weight of a book in my hands, turning pages, and I just like the smell of books (if that makes any sense). If I ever get a house, I'd like to have a room I can just fill with books.

books, i spend too long staring at computer screens as it is, and they are easier to hold

Books.

They just haven't found a way to make an eBook worthy of having book in it's title yet :mokken:.

It's not so much the paper, but the ease of use. You pick up a book, and you've got the best portable reading device ever made. It's organized, easy to use. It just is the best possible way it could be.

Though eBooks are okay when I can't find a physical copy of the book but I always look for physical first.

Well, mother bought me a Kindle recently, and I really like the screen for it, it looks exactly like the page of a book, so it doesn't make much of a difference whether I've got a book in my hand or I've downloaded it onto my Kindle.

That said, I'd rather have a complete set of novels on one or the other, I don't want to mix formats. I can see myself buying new books on Kindle in the future as opposed to hardback or paperback copies, if only because it's easier to carry a Kindle around than it is a 700+ page book. Just need to watch the battery...perhaps the single downside to have books in electronic format.

I perfer regular books than eBooks. They are easier to the eye to read and feel better than the electronic version. However I have been getting into eBooks recently simply because of the space-saving convenience when travelling. Though I don't have a Kindle or Tablet as of yet, so make do with my iPhone or MacBook, which is probably where im going wrong.

Plus I can pirate that stuff if im a little tight on cash but want something new to read.

I don't think the traditional book will completely fade away because of the rise of eBooks. I think it will go the way of vinyl, in the sense that after a decade or so of being out of the mainstream as a media, it'll make a comeback as there will always be a demand for traditional books.

While I do appreciate the solid feel of a book in my hands, I think eBooks has become my preference now. The fact is that I don't really read much anymore. It's just to pass the time if my usual interests aren't available (internet, games, etc). I have an eBook reader on my cellphone, so I usually just open that up when I'm on commute, on break from work, etc. It's also why it's takes so long for me to finish a book since I only read when I'm out of the home :wacky:

EDIT: I do end up buying physical mangas though, but that's more pictures than text :hmmm:

The smell of the book, the feel of the page, the hard covers :gonk: It's so easy to get into the story with a nice big hard book than a little plastic thing that looks like it has an internet article on it.

Back