Black Mage
Terra
Cloud Strife
FFXIV
Shu
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Morning folks,

Instead of making mass amount of threads in regards to what is and is not working for you, we request that you use this thread in order to report the bugs you found for the server conversion. We are aware that there are still a few that exist, but instead of creating separate threads, we wish you to use this one. If the bug has already been reported, we will politely notify you and delete the comment. We will also keep an existing "Known bugs" right below this.

Thanks,

Shu

Known bugs list:

- Some users are experiencing problems when logging in. They receive an error in regards to server name propagation and when they login everything seems in the past. We are aware of this, and currently until their DNS recognizes the new IP/Domain Name, they will continue to see this.

its not really a bug, however I have found that the Latest Thread Replies is a bit jumbled up, its as if the Text doesn't fit inside the box properly so its all squashed in, I can still make out what it says but it is awkward to read.

I have found that on the friends list(mercurial skin) there is always one name that appears twice on top and bottom. So for example lets say A clan leader. Name appears in Yellow and white on the bottom. I dont think it should be doing that.. :hmmm:

In regards to the server name propagation issue, I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I can only seem to get on now with Internet Explorer while both Firefox (my primary browser) and Safari still display that same vBulletin name propagation message from yesterday. Attempting to log in just does nothing and just ten minutes ago I came across that same message again on this browser while looking through a thread. That's the most major issue I have at the moment as far as I can tell.

In regards to the server name propagation issue, I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I can only seem to get on now with Internet Explorer while both Firefox (my primary browser) and Safari still display that same vBulletin name propagation message from yesterday. Attempting to log in just does nothing and just ten minutes ago I came across that same message again on this browser while looking through a thread. That's the most major issue I have at the moment as far as I can tell.
Did you try 'ipconfig /flushdns' from command prompt?

If it works for IE though this sounds like it might be a browser caching issue.

I've just got a question...a silly one because I know a lot of people who have been complaining about the white interface of the new forum....but it is safe to assume that you have been able to max out all of the capabilities of the new forum with Ryan's (Merc's) skin when you adopt his skin as the forum default? I really don't want to go switching to it right now because I've heard there still some things that need to get worked out with it and I don't want to hinder any of the upgrades of the new forum either.

Did you try 'ipconfig /flushdns' from command prompt?

If it works for IE though this sounds like it might be a browser caching issue.

Amazingly...it worked. :|

It was certainly the caching. It's now working on Firefox and Safari again for me now. Thank you very much, LG. :lew:

Lord Golbez on the top 5 stats when the drop down menu comes up and we try and go by VB level an error comes up and it does not work. I just noticed this before.

I dunno if this is happening for anyone else but in the sb it doesn't autoclear the last message I sent. And a few times even when I've clicked the clear button, look away to read something else/get distracted/change over to a different tab.. I look back and it's there again!

I dunno if this is happening for anyone else but in the sb it doesn't autoclear the last message I sent. And a few times even when I've clicked the clear button, look away to read something else/get distracted/change over to a different tab.. I look back and it's there again!

No, that hasn't happened to me. But try pressing ESC. You might have to click into the text box.

I have found that on the friends list(mercurial skin) there is always one name that appears twice on top and bottom. So for example lets say A clan leader. Name appears in Yellow and white on the bottom. I dont think it should be doing that.. :hmmm:
I've been unable to confirm this on your profile.

I've just got a question...a silly one because I know a lot of people who have been complaining about the white interface of the new forum....but it is safe to assume that you have been able to max out all of the capabilities of the new forum with Ryan's (Merc's) skin when you adopt his skin as the forum default? I really don't want to go switching to it right now because I've heard there still some things that need to get worked out with it and I don't want to hinder any of the upgrades of the new forum either.
The skins are fully complete now :)

Lord Golbez on the top 5 stats when the drop down menu comes up and we try and go by VB level an error comes up and it does not work. I just noticed this before.
Could you be a bit more specific? What exactly did you do, step by step?

It does, but the last message sent re-appears if there's an error (like the shout not submitting or whatever).

It does, but the last message sent re-appears if there's an error (like the shout not submitting or whatever).

I don' think that's it, because it's not just a message every now and again, it's every. last. message. And sometimes an error will show and the sb lags, but the message gets sent through and appears in the sb.. but then shows up back in my textbox right after.

Just a quick question, I've tried clearing my cache but still receive an error page with an orange heading across the top, "default website page". Not even a login page appears. However I can still access the site from my phone for short periods, but none of the PCs in the house :hmmm: If this is related to a DNS error, how long should it normally take for it to be resolved? Also, I'm using Linux, Ubuntu version 9.10 for my OS, is there anything that might cause the site to not work on Linux?

Thanks in advance

Okay you know the top 5 posters. Those 3 columns on the top like newset replies and all if you press VB level it does not show and it shows an error. Try it yourself. For the other problem It only happens on the merc skin. :hmmm:

Okay you know the top 5 posters. Those 3 columns on the top like newset replies and all if you press VB level it does not show and it shows an error. Try it yourself. For the other problem It only happens on the merc skin. :hmmm:
Taken care of that now, thanks :)

Is there anyway to remove the "Join Date" part under the Newest Users column? That one is a little bit longer than all the others.

Speaking of the statistics bar, is it possible to have access to 50 or more again? I'm trying to find a screenshot but I don't appear to have one :rage:

(sorry if those questions have been answered before, I can't keep up xD)

We'll make the InfoPanels more configurable in a future version :)

How are vbactivity stats calculated? Because Amizon's seem...peculiar! :confused:
vBActivity - Stats
Level: 53
vBActivity - Bars
Lv. Percent: 48.35%
Daily Activity 1148427.6%
Weekly Activity 164144.67%
Monthly Activity 41036.17%
Also been getting a few database errors here and there, anybody getting these? Haven't been getting the emails for them though.

Future version? But we had that in 3.6.. I am just saying. Also yes Lord Golbez I have been getting errors sometimes. But not frequently.

The points will be recalculated again I believe, I think the others wanted to tweak the points per action and such.

The database errors will be from me tinkering with the server, still trying to pin down exactly what's going on :p

Back