[20/09] Final Fantasy XIII-2 date set, two new trailers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd swear Vayne Solidor's clone is voiced by Liam O'Brien. Looks like Square Enix FINALLY introduced some proper talent into their otherwise absolutely bullshit dub cast. Not that a single good voice actor is going to stop this game from being exactly the same as the first, mind. It would have been nice if they'd bothered to lip sync it properly...and actually found a proper theme song for it. If that IS Liam O'Brien, I'm amazed that he lowered himself to be a part of it.

Also, Hope and Snow look absolutely ridiculous :rofl:

The lip sync is bad because it's direct from the TGS Japanese trailer, which was just a few days ago.

It's obvious the final game will have fixed lip sync.

Obvious? Given the poor quality of Square Enix's latest "games" I wouldn't say it was quite so obvious. Given the ridiculously short development time, I'd be surprised if they bothered to actually finish the rushed cash-in and present it to a good standard in anything other than visuals.

Square premieres Promise and Despair videos.

Square Enix officially announced the release dates for Final Fantasy XIII-2 in North America and Europe today, following their initial Tokyo Game Show confirmations.

The RPG sequel will launch on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on January 31, 2012 in North America and on February 3, 2012 in Europe.

Square Enix also re-confirmed downloadable content, “available soon after the release of Final Fantasy XIII-2.” More details will be shared “at a later time.”

“New World” by Charice will be the game’s official theme song.

The game’s English Tokyo Game Show trailers can be seen below.

Source: Gematsu

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew it was gonna be at the end of jan, hmm guess Im not suprised honestly. Kais looks like he's gonna be a new sephiroth to me but nothing compared to sephy though xD I realy do like the quicktime events they have in the game, I thought it would be just one button or the analog stick but seeing those videos shows we have combos and more than one I love it, hopefully Ill get to practice more on quicktime events in other games cause Im not really that good at them. Thats my first time hearing the english version of the theme song for the game and I have to say it sounds way better than the japanese version. Cant wait for the boss fight vs kais it looks so epic and he's purple <3

I am very late. I have been fighting a cold, so I apologize :sad3:. You just posted videos. I posted a source and everything. :hmph:

But you might have won.. who knows :dave:

I think Livi is going to merge the two threads

Yeah I was the lazy one if you think about it. :P

Get well soon :)

I agree with Square Enix, they do indeed promise despair. Aptly named titles indeed.
Nice to know Square Enix are confirming that they're going to abuse the fanbase even further by robbing them of their money, though. I was so very worried that they weren't going to, given how long it's been since they confirmed it for the first time.

there a huge spoiler in both trailers :hmph:

kayus... it sounds like the english voice actor will be kain's voice actor in the DS FFIV and duodecim

hope sounds pretty awesome when he older XD but nice trailers.. i'm proper looking forward to this.. it looks like a proper FF Game

I don't think it's possible to spoil a game that doesn't have a proper storyline :olivia:

To be honest, I thought they said Gaius in the trailer...I guess that is where they got the name from. Moving away from the Norse angle, then. I wonder if that little girl is his sister. I hope not, because if she is I'm going to be thoroughly disturbed...I suppose when she says she's the same as Serah, she means she's either older than she looks, or younger than the developers claim she actually is. Either or.

I think Livi is going to merge the two threads

You can read me like a book. :ryan:

[Threads Merged, don't forget to source the website who posted the videos anyway just in case...]

I like Kaias already. This badass twin brother of Vayne Solidor with an awesome voice, a BFS that's actually capable of murdering an annoying main character (until Noel inevitably rises from the dead again somehow...) and who can't die. Finally they have a villain who seems to be likeable and doing something badass which is sadly something FFXIII didn't quite have and why its storyline did nosedive so badly. Gameplay however, it's still not interesting me, even with your FFVII minigames and your Historia Crux/Cross thing. It's something I may watch on Youtube, but it's still not something I'm willing to play, sorry.

And woo! Go Charice! A voice and a song that actually fits well, unlike Leona Lewis's My Hands (which is still an okay song) that was shoehorned into the first game seemingly as an afterthought. Just please don't release a video of yourself playing the game and saying how fantastic it is to be running around because it isn't like I haven't got enough of that embarrassing clip with Leona Lewis doing it.

I'm not gonna lie, I cried at the end of the first trailer :'(

I don't know why, the game isn't even out yet and I find myself attatched to Noel, I'm really looking forward to this game :awesome:

Having seen these trailers, I am beginning to think that the game will be pretty good! :D The suggested story has potential, and could in fact improve what happened in XIII. :) If the previous game's characters (Serah, Snow, Hope and Lightning) develop, which they appear to, hoorah! :D

The designs of Snow and Hope are a little strange... Hope seems to have undergone a DRAMATIC transformation; his hair and clothes make him appear so refined! Methinks Snow has had to join a rougher crowd. :P

I must say that the first trailer really has a lot of crazy action. Kaias looks like an awesome villain and wow, we have one that is actually pretty badass. Yuru looks like an interesting character, and I imagine she will be a key figure in the plot. Kaias can not die, and actually stabs one of the main characters.. hmmm I have a feeling he can be the main villain. I am not final on that though. Mainly because Barty may still be around... somewhere. I really love Charice, and the song is actually pretty good. Looks like her song will be the main theme for NA/EU. Kimi ga iru Kara from the first game is much better than the Main Japanese theme by Mai Fukui, imo. Also good for Noel telling off Snow like that.. because quite frankly, Snow is useless xD However, we should keep in mind that SE did the exact same thing with Serah in the first game. They teased her "death" I fear they are doing the same for Noel here.

Martel we get it, you don't think this game is going to be very good and it's a quick cash in etc. just think about the people that actually LIKE the look of the game and want it when it comes out, the Lip Sync is bad because it's taken straight from TGS, they still have months to localise the game for NA and EU :mokken:

This game does have a proper storyline, they actually listened to the fans and made improvements based on the feedback they received, it's less linear, the gameplay is more than just bashing X all the time, and there are new factors involved, just give them a chance, and if the game isn't to your liking, don't buy it.

@Martel we get it, you don't think this game is going to be very good and it's a quick cash in etc. just think about the people that actually LIKE the look of the game and want it when it comes out, the Lip Sync is bad because it's taken straight from TGS, they still have months to localise the game for NA and EU :mokken:
Just as you have the right to praise it, I have the right to criticise it. I'm not asking you or anyone else to agree with me. Perhaps you should try considering those of us who DON'T like the look of the game and are sick to death of optimistic praise for it.

This game does have a proper storyline, they actually listened to the fans and made improvements based on the feedback they received, it's less linear, the gameplay is more than just bashing X all the time, and there are new factors involved, just give them a chance, and if the game isn't to your liking, don't buy it.
I gave the original game the opportunity to impress me, and this is not a mistake I'm going to so readily make again, especially considering everything I've seen of this game is just telling me it's all style and no substance, exactly the same as the original game. Whether or not these are improvements is a matter of debate: everything I have seen so far, to me, is just a random half-arsed addition thrown in for the sake of it. I see nothing new, original, or even remotely exciting. It doesn't appeal to me at all. It's as simple as that. I'm not giving it a chance when it's so painfully obvious that I'm going to despise it, because it's trying to build upon what I would say is the worst game ever created. You can't turn a pile of shit into a pile of gold.

I give credit where credit is due, and the only place in which XIII-2 has earned any credit so far is the creation of the antagonist. Whether or not he'll actually be any good is up in the air at the moment.

Just as you have the right to praise it, I have the right to criticise it. I'm not asking you or anyone else to agree with me. Perhaps you should try considering those of us who DON'T like the look of the game and are sick to death of optimistic praise for it.

I'm not saying that you're not entitled to your opinion, fair enough, each to their own and all, but it's just everytime someone posts in this thread, it's followed by a post from you slating the game countless times, and to be honest I'm sick to death of that, because no matter how much you loathe the game, there are people that like it and want to get it, and the optimistic praise is for the fact that SE seem to be listening to the fans and are actually trying to improve on it, but some people are going to be prejudice and say that it's going to be rubbish based on it's previous game and how sub-par it was, and fair enough, you don't like the look of this game, just say your opinion on one post and leave it at that.

However I can't frickin wait for this game, and I want to see more of Noel, alive and well of course! :wacky:

I'm not saying that you're not entitled to your opinion, fair enough, each to their own and all, but it's just everytime someone posts in this thread, it's followed by a post from you slating the game countless times, and to be honest I'm sick to death of that, because no matter how much you loathe the game, there are people that like it and want to get it, and the optimistic praise is for the fact that SE seem to be listening to the fans and are actually trying to improve on it, but some people are going to be prejudice and say that it's going to be rubbish based on it's previous game and how sub-par it was, and fair enough, you don't like the look of this game, just say your opinion on one post and leave it at that.
Why should I? I don't see anyone else restricting themselves to just one post, and I am equally sick to death of people saying how much they love the game, how good it looks, etc etc. I'm not attacking them for it, though. I am entitled to say whatever I please, as many times as I please, the same as everyone else. Just because it's criticism doesn't mean to say it can only be said once. If you don't like it...well, just don't read it.

It is not prejudice, because there is plenty to base it on. The original FFXIII was terrible, so it stands to reason that the second would be as well: it has no storyline it build itself off of, a terrible cast of characters who appear to have only gotten worse, a poorly designed battle system with some odd attachments here and there which could have been a hell of a lot better if they spent the necessary time to develop it, and it just isn't appealing. I have as much support for my opinion as anyone else does, I have just reached a different conclusion. Simple as that~

In any case, staying on topic before I get smacked down by Liv Liv, it is probable I'll watch this on Youtube rather than wasting my money on it...Liam O'Brien voicing a character means it deserves a look-in (at least the parts where he's about) but it doesn't justify a purchase, and I doubt it ever will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back