[20/09] Final Fantasy XIII-2 date set, two new trailers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martel said:
Why should I?

Because I come to look at the trailers on this thread, and see that you don't like it on the first post, fair enough you're entitled to your opinion, but every other post you go on about the bad points of the game, it's really off putting and discouraging.

Martel said:
It is not prejudice,
It's not even released yet, so how do you know if the characters are annoying and haven't developed? And the battle system hasn't improved? And there isn't a storyline? JUDGING a game PRE release is prejudice.

Martel said:
If you don't like it...well, just don't read it.
If you don't have anything nice to say well..... don't say it.

This is why I rarely replied to argue with Martel when it comes to XIII-2. :grin: as much as I want to write many paragraphs counter-arguing the points Martel made, I felt that it will inevitably come to this - pointless endless argument.

Kitty-Urie
I know how you feel. Someone bashing a game you like. But unfortunately, everyone is entitled to their opinions - including the need to post in multiple threads repeatedly about how much they loathe it.

I am not sure if other forum advertising is allowed lol. If you want to discuss about the game you like, just go to a forum/board/social network/etc where the community is filled with like-minded individuals. Well I did that a week ago and it was so much fun talking to people with similar interests. Reading posts you disagree with followed by replying the post will only result in frustration, in my opinion.

Peace :)

I'm just saying the game isn't going to be released for months yet and there are people that aren't giving it a chance, not listening to reason, and not accepting that FFXIII-2 could possibly be a decent game when it's released. And the constant game bashing on this thread is starting to annoy a few people, that's all.

Anyway, the things I'm looking forward to on this game:

• Noel
  • Chocobos
  • Soundtrack
  • Kaias looks interesting
  • Travelling
  • Old characters returning
  • Different routes for the story

In any case, staying on topic before I get smacked down by Liv Liv, it is probable I'll watch this on Youtube rather than wasting my money on it...Liam O'Brien voicing a character means it deserves a look-in (at least the parts where he's about) but it doesn't justify a purchase, and I doubt it ever will.

Regardless if you like the game's look or the game at all, this is utter BS right here. You call yourself a fan of Liam O'Brien, yet you dont even want to support his work. Im sorry but watching the cutscenes on Youtube dont give ANYTHING to him.

Liam is my favorite voice actor and I recently got in contact with him and he agreed to me sending him a product to sign for free. Ergo Proxy. That in an of itself shows he cares about his fans. Yet you wouldnt support his work and in the same sentence proclaim how great he is in the game and how big of a fan you are.

No wonder the anime and jrpg industry has gotten smaller. "Fans" dont support the actual works.

On topic, it looks better than it did to me a few months ago. I was always going to get it since Ive enjoyed every FF game to some extent at least.

So this game looks dumb. All my high hopes were erased after seeing these trailers, lol. I'm sorry for being a downer, but it REALLY looks like it's going to suck.

Regardless if you like the game's look or the game at all, this is utter BS right here. You call yourself a fan of Liam O'Brien, yet you dont even want to support his work. Im sorry but watching the cutscenes on Youtube dont give ANYTHING to him.

Liam is my favorite voice actor and I recently got in contact with him and he agreed to me sending him a product to sign for free. Ergo Proxy. That in an of itself shows he cares about his fans. Yet you wouldnt support his work and in the same sentence proclaim how great he is in the game and how big of a fan you are.
You're telling me I should buy a game I am going to despise and never play because I happen to like a single voice actor? That might work for you, but it doesn't for me. I like him, but he's not my favourite dub voice actor; I'm curious to see what he'll add to the role, but I'm not curious enough to buy it to find out.

If supporting him means supporting something I don't like and a company I frankly believe don't deserve the profits, then I'm not going to support him, simple as that. Just because he's in it doesn't make XIII-2 any better than it did before. Also, if you could not insult me just because I don't follow your idea of what makes up a fan of something, that'd be wonderful.

Kitty-Urie said:
Because I come to look at the trailers on this thread, and see that you don't like it on the first post, fair enough you're entitled to your opinion, but every other post you go on about the bad points of the game, it's really off putting and discouraging.
And people constantly praising it is really aggravating and unrealistic. I can quite happily ignore it, so I don't see why you can't do the same if you don't like what I say, and why you feel the need to call me out on it personally, when it isn't personal at all.

Although on a minor note, if you're complaining at me for posting more than once in this thread specifically, this is actually two threads merged together, and I posted in the other one. Like most people, I don't post in a news thread twice unless a) someone quotes me, b) someone makes a point I'd like to reply to, or c) some additional news is posted in said thread.

Kitty-Urie said:
It's not even released yet, so how do you know if the characters are annoying and haven't developed? And the battle system hasn't improved? And there isn't a storyline? JUDGING a game PRE release is prejudice.
If you want to look at it like that, then everyone who has any opinion of it before it's released is guilty of that: you're looking forward to it, for example. That is no less of a judgement, thus it is no less prejudiced.

Kitty-Urie said:
If you don't have anything nice to say well..... don't say it.
So long as I don't see a rule that says "You are not allowed to post even a slightly critical opinion" then I'm going to continue, as is my right. I'm not breaking any rules by being critical of something, and I'm not going to hide my contempt for the game when I don't have to. Some like it, others hate it, it's just how it is. Just because I happen to be in the latter catergory doesn't mean to say I have to keep quiet for the sake of those in the former, because that goes both ways, and I don't see you or anyone else giving any consideration to those of us who don't like it.

Cid XIII-2 said:
This is why I rarely replied to argue with Martel when it comes to XIII-2. :grin: as much as I want to write many paragraphs counter-arguing the points Martel made, I felt that it will inevitably come to this - pointless endless argument.
We can agree to disagree, yes? You like it, that's fine, I don't, which is also fine.

So, if people could kinda stop turning this into a "Let's all flame Martel because they have a different opinion." thread, that'd be fantastic. I shouldn't carry it on, but I'm not just going to sit back and let people attack me just because I'm critical of something. I'm not the one with the issue here, I'm quite happy to accept that people can say whatever they like about a game whether I like it or not. I'm not going to be the exception to the rule who is only allowed to say something once or not at all because it's different from the majority. Plenty of other people don't like the look of the game either and say as much, I don't see why you have this need to call me out specifically for it.

Anyways, I'm done now. I'm not going to bother replying any more in here; PM me if you must complain at me, or just put me on your ignore list. Either or, I don't care, because it's nothing more or less than a matter of opinion...until people start flaming me for it, anyway.

Last edited:
I will reiterate what has been suggested. Keep this to PMs if you must continue or at the very least, take advantage of the ignore function. It's there for a reason. I would appreciate if either one of the two is attempted first before anyone decides to continue and derail this thread further into a minefield of personal insults.

:damon: I really do not like the song choice for those trailers. I felt embarrassed listening to it like I was watching some terrible chick flick.

Once again, why did they ruin snow further??

Also that scene where Lightning is standing on the jetty reaching her hand out, asking Serah to come with her while the darkness engulfed her was exactly the same as the scene between Riku and Sora in Kingdom Hearts 1. Please be original Square. Don't rip your own ideas off.

Otherwise I thought the trailers were alright, I have some hope for this game... though I am scared to let myself get too hopeful in case it turns out to be trash again :(

I'm just saying what others are thinking, people have a right to an opinion, but not shove it in everyone else's faces every other post, I just thought I would let Martel know that it's aggravating for people that want to enjoy the trailers and talk about it, I wasn't personally attacking them, just saying MY opinion.

But I'm done with trying to prove my point now.

Dontcha just luv it...

when people argue about a game and a mod feels they have to get involved to settle things down ? Gets the old juices flowing doesn't it ?Raises your endorphin levels, adrenaline levels and all other kinds of things. Rotfl.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endorphin

I do believe it's premature to condemm the game just because you didn't like the first game.I thought the first game was an amateurish effort that was inadequate as well.
But I feel much more confident about this second game.I feel Square has corrected a lot of the deficiencies of the first game.Shrugs.But only time will tell.
I didn't like the major revelation in one of the trailers.However we don't know if that is something that can be undone in one of the alternate storylines .I hope that it is as I didn't like it.

This kais guy we assume serves the evil God/Goddess that is opposing Etro, the goddess that lightning serves.
I hope we learn why he is evil and what this other God/Goddess's purpose is.
Having a definite evil bad guy that people will love to hate always makes the game more interesting and much more focused FFXII for example lacked a real bad Guy as Vayne wasn't dynamic enough for me to fit that role.While the one person we might have hated in FFXIII was killed off, I feel prematurely.
So I feel fans will be more motivated in this game to complete it to see the bad guy gets what is coming to him.
smile.:jon:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back