[11/06] Final Fantasy Versus XIII confirmed as Final Fantasy XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well different people see different things I guess. I really don't think there's much change. Even her eyes don't look that different to me, they were always large and open in the shots where she wasn't frowning. I honestly have no idea about her nose, I'd say seeing her nostrils is more to do with the angle the shot is taken at rather than the shape of the nose. I'm going to wait until I see a trailer and see her expressions, because right now I think she looks pretty much the same. Hair obviously has changed a lot, and I did prefer it before, but it's not that big a deal, not like her actual face, which I am happy with and don't think is as changed as so many people are saying.

Personally... these slight changes(To me, they don't seem drastically different) mean next to nothing. I'm quite happy with the standards of this Gen's graphics and detail... So anything above that is just a plus.

I'm much more interested in the system and music. Honestly, I liked some of XIII's music... Specifically the battle tracks. So I'm not completely against this having similar tastes.

I don't believe it will though.

My guess would be that the collage of characters at the end is her family and friends on the right vs. Noct's friends and family on the left.
I agree. It'd be interesting to see Noct have to go up against Stella's family. :hmmm:

Her nose looks like its pointed upward, rather than the straight nose she had. You can tell by seeing her nostrils. Her eyes are far different. And her hair...obviously. its like if cloud had a buzz cut
Dude, they just changed her hair and sculpted the ends of her eyes downward. The pics are of different angles and have different lighting(explaining the nose thing). There's no proper way to compare just yet anyway. But all she really has is new hair. I think it looks good. ^_^ You lost me on the Cloud thing. >.>

Complaining over the size of her fucking nose... dear lord.

OH, MAN!!!! THAT MADE MY DAY!!!! Oh... ;_^

LOL...well, as long as...ugh. You know, seeing both of their old faces with their new ones, I prefer their old faces. Stella...well, everyone has already expressed their opinion and as for Noctis, he just looks raggedy now compared to his much darker appearance before with the nice spiked out hair and thin face, like a true prince of a dark kingdom. They both looked much more serious before; those designs should've stuck because it matches their responsibilities and status as a prince and princess of fighting kingdoms. Leave the cuteness to their friends who are there to provide the spice in their lives.

Complaining over the size of her fucking nose... dear lord.
Sure. Dumb down the conversation.

its like complaining about superman's outfit in man of steel but its more trying to see the differences.

But by all means.
I agree. It'd be interesting to see Noct have to go up against Stella's family. :hmmm:

Dude, they just changed her hair and sculpted the ends of her eyes downward. The pics are of different angles and have different lighting(explaining the nose thing). There's no proper way to compare just yet anyway. But all she really has is new hair. I think it looks good. ^_^ You lost me on the Cloud thing. >.>

No their both straight ahead. The only angle is the close up. Say what you want. The differences are there. If you choose to see em. Thats fine.

The aesthetic differences are only superficial differences at this point. It's not as if we know the characters and their histories/personalities. There is a definite difference for sure, but it's hardly important at this stage. I was more vexed at Tidus's face in the HD remake. Not sure why...first world problems I guess.

The aesthetic differences are only superficial differences at this point. It's not as if we know the characters and their histories/personalities. There is a definite difference for sure, but it's hardly important at this stage. I was more vexed at Tidus's face in the HD remake. Not sure why...first world problems I guess.

You care about tidus's looks

I care about Stellas. Simple as that.

You care about tidus's looks

I care about Stellas. Simple as that.

Nah, I don't care about Tidus's looks from an aesthetic/superficial standpoint. As I mentioned it's because we shared a journey with Tidus and got to know him as a character; so now that he has a different face it's slightly jarring.

All I know about Stella is that she meets Noctis at a party, is rich and has an assertive personality. So...she's basically Rinoa at this point.
Her looks are purely incidental.

Nah, I don't care about Tidus's looks from an aesthetic/superficial standpoint. As I mentioned it's because we shared a journey with Tidus and got to know him as a character; so now that he has a different face it's slightly jarring.

All I know about Stella is that she meets Noctis at a party, is rich and has an assertive personality. So...she's basically Rinoa at this point.
Her looks are purely incidental.
if you see Resonance of Fate, she looks exactly like her. I think its worst to change face before a games release because we wont get to experience the one we mentioned before.

The old version had more room to have more impact on various expressions. This one shows she has less room

I think we are going off-topic here. The thread is directed to discuss the title name change of the game.

You can create a separate thread regarding Stella's looks, but otherwise, please stay on-topic.

Thank you.

Please do not reply to this post. Any question or concern, PM me.

To get the thread back on topic I'll pose a question regarding the name. Is anyone else wondering why XV was going to be 'Versus XIII' anyway? The universe of XIII, XIII-2 and what I've seen of Lightning Returns look starkly different to the one portrayed within earlier Versus trailers, and very much different to the latest XV one. I find it hard to see how it was ever going to all be coherently connected with such different looking Universes.

The idea of Fabula Nova Crystallis has always been inconsistent. Originally named Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy XIII because the mythos was going to be related to XIII which for some dumb reason is called Agito XIII and Versus XIII. But then tokk out the xiii because of ff agito 13 and then again with versus, but versus continued to stay in secret because they decided ti make versus in ps4. Other than that, we been waiting for info for nothing.

If Square Enix had stuck to their original plan for the Fabula Nova Crystallis series (FFXIII, Agito XIII and Versus XIII), I think the 'XIII series' would have actually turned out to be all right (well, not XIII, of course, but...). No side games to either one of them, all of them released to other countries besides Japan (which must, of course, include the U.S. :D), and all of them completing one another, completing the world of FFXIII and the Crystallis series itself. Then move on. OR, Versus should have been revealed as FFXV from the start, alone, by itself. I wonder if they knew that we would be so captivated by Versus from the start...that would have made things easier. As for Agito...I dunno. A stand alone psp FF? Or side FF, at least, like it is. Gosh...writing about these current and past FF's had made me realize how long it's been since I have not hesitated to buy a handheld/console for an FF.

Also, it's confirmed that FFXV will be a series of spin-offs after the main game. With this direction, I feel like SE has not learned their lesson...quality over quantity, please. I'm sick of these spin-offs. I really miss the old days when no FF got a sequel or side game(s). *Sigh*...kind of a sign to me that FFXV is going to be a bad game already like FFXIII. Hate to say it, but true. We'll just have to see.

If Square Enix had stuck to their original plan for the Fabula Nova Crystallis series (FFXIII, Agito XIII and Versus XIII), I think the 'XIII series' would have actually turned out to be all right (well, not XIII, of course, but...). No side games to either one of them, all of them released to other countries besides Japan (which must, of course, include the U.S. :D), and all of them completing one another, completing the world of FFXIII and the Crystallis series itself. Then move on. OR, Versus should have been revealed as FFXV from the start, alone, by itself. I wonder if they knew that we would be so captivated by Versus from the start...that would have made things easier. As for Agito...I dunno. A stand alone psp FF? Or side FF, at least, like it is. Gosh...writing about these current and past FF's had made me realize how long it's been since I have not hesitated to buy a handheld/console for an FF.

Also, it's confirmed that FFXV will be a series of spin-offs after the main game. With this direction, I feel like SE has not learned their lesson...quality over quantity, please. I'm sick of these spin-offs. I really miss the old days when no FF got a sequel or side game(s). *Sigh*...kind of a sign to me that FFXV is going to be a bad game already like FFXIII. Hate to say it, but true. We'll just have to see.
A common misconception that fabula nova Crystallis is about a world, but its not, its a mythos. The developers used that mythos and turned into their own world, intending for final fantasy 13 to have the canon version of the mythos. But changed when xiii was dropped on both agito and fnc

Yeah, what Razberry said. Have a common mythos template, and you as the producer for your game, interpret the mythos in the way you want it, meaning theoretically all of the Final Fantasy XIII games were to each have their own different stories, but possessing the basics of that common mythos, and presumably being in the same umm, metaphysical universe, and not in the same world.

If I want to get into Square-Enix's weird mind, this was probably what they had originally planned back in 2006, before nearly everything changed:

Final Fantasy XIII - the mothership game. The standard numbered game, so the most "turn-based RPG"-like of the FNC games. The problem is, you don't base an entire compilation of games on an untested and unreleased mothership game. They were hoping for FFXIII to do really well not just financially, but in terms of audience reception, and were not anticipating what would happen to FFXIV a little bit later.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII
- 'Versus' meaning to "oppose", and that was what it was supposed to be thematically. FFXIII the mothership title is the standard RPG, all bright and colourful, and clearly fantastical. Versus was to be the antithesis, so it was an action-RPG, and opted for a fantasy based on reality, while giving the main characters dark clothing and constantly featuring the CG environments on a full moon night with dark architecture, and generally looking more sombre.

Final Fantasy Agito XIII
- uhh, well, 'Agito' means "to be in motion", so I guess what they had in mind was, aside from the term 'Agito' being important in terms of story, it would also imply that you're playing a game on the move! It was originally for mobile phones, so there. Of course, it would go over to the PSP as Type-0, which makes me suggest that by then they realised that the FFXIII FNC house of cards was going to come down anyway, and decided - perhaps - that a Type miniseries could be a cool thing to make?

They said in 2006 that Fabula Nova would have no direct sequels, prequels or any sort. They envisaged something bigger than the Compilation of FFVII, but spanning a plethora of independent, standalone stories. They were also hoping for a film as well.

Now Square will tell you that yes! Lightning's story was planned to be a trilogy from the beginning! Bullshit. It was not. Anyone will a brain cell can realise that it was not. It's lazy attempted revisionism. You can tell by how wildly FFXIII-2 goes in terms of the direction of story that it was a very recent idea.

Yeah, what Razberry said. Have a common mythos template, and you as the producer for your game, interpret the mythos in the way you want it, meaning theoretically all of the Final Fantasy XIII games were to each have their own different stories, but possessing the basics of that common mythos, and presumably being in the same umm, metaphysical universe, and not in the same world.

If I want to get into Square-Enix's weird mind, this was probably what they had originally planned back in 2006, before nearly everything changed:

Final Fantasy XIII - the mothership game. The standard numbered game, so the most "turn-based RPG"-like of the FNC games. The problem is, you don't base an entire compilation of games on an untested and unreleased mothership game. They were hoping for FFXIII to do really well not just financially, but in terms of audience reception, and were not anticipating what would happen to FFXIV a little bit later.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII
- 'Versus' meaning to "oppose", and that was what it was supposed to be thematically. FFXIII the mothership title is the standard RPG, all bright and colourful, and clearly fantastical. Versus was to be the antithesis, so it was an action-RPG, and opted for a fantasy based on reality, while giving the main characters dark clothing and constantly featuring the CG environments on a full moon night with dark architecture, and generally looking more sombre.

Final Fantasy Agito XIII
- uhh, well, 'Agito' means "to be in motion", so I guess what they had in mind was, aside from the term 'Agito' being important in terms of story, it would also imply that you're playing a game on the move! It was originally for mobile phones, so there. Of course, it would go over to the PSP as Type-0, which makes me suggest that by then they realised that the FFXIII FNC house of cards was going to come down anyway, and decided - perhaps - that a Type miniseries could be a cool thing to make?

They said in 2006 that Fabula Nova would have no direct sequels, prequels or any sort. They envisaged something bigger than the Compilation of FFVII, but spanning a plethora of independent, standalone stories. They were also hoping for a film as well.

Now Square will tell you that yes! Lightning's story was planned to be a trilogy from the beginning! Bullshit. It was not. Anyone will a brain cell can realise that it was not. It's lazy attempted revisionism. You can tell by how wildly FFXIII-2 goes in terms of the direction of story that it was a very recent idea.

Interesting explanation. It makes me wonder what changes Square will have made to Versus/XV in terms of narrative. Unless nothing needed changing as it was 'Versus' and opposed thematically as you mentioned. Though if they are drawing on a particular mythos for their narrative ideas then it may have some cross-over with the XIII universe which would be strange considering the numbered titles are always stand alone and unconnected.

Hmm. I'm eagerly awaiting new story information now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back