why does Sephiroth have no girlfriend?

omecais0

不是日本人
Gil
I read the issue that akak1034 mentioned, " We see that he does not have a Girlfriend in any games......" he said. I think it is intristing. Why does Sephiroth have no girlfriend? He is about 20 in CC already. His fine apperence, good manners and the great abilities, it would attract some girls. but why he doesn't have one among those games?

By the way, so do Angeal and Genesis. they are also fine boys but little elder than Sephiroth. what's the matter on them?

Last edited:
Tbh, they have attracted many women who like them. The fanclubs in CC being a prime example, however, giving them a relationship could make alot of things messy with the story. In FF7, where would their past girlfriends be? These would be things that might need to be addressed, and overall it may just be easier to avoid the topic altogether. Not only is that bad, but the fans would take it to a whole new love octogon with all the added couples.

I pray these women are never created.

???????????

:shame: :shame:

The reason Sephiroth does not have a girlfriend is because he is/was too busy trying to destroy the Planet so he could be reunited with Jenova(or if you are counting Advent Children "mother").

Plus if you ever noticed in Final Fantasy VII Cloud pretty much stole all the hot girls in the game so................no, no girlfriend for Sephiroth.

Maybe he doesn't have a girlfriend because he doesn't actually need one?

His character has his goals through the game, a girlfriend just wouldn't fit D:

Tbh, they have attracted many women who like them. The fanclubs in CC being a prime example, however, giving them a relationship could make alot of things messy with the story. In FF7, where would their past girlfriends be? These would be things that might need to be addressed, and overall it may just be easier to avoid the topic altogether. Not only is that bad, but the fans would take it to a whole new love octogon with all the added couples.

I pray these women are never created.

I agree with you, we don't know their past, maybe they indeed have girlfriends, but it doesn't need those relationship in order to simplify the story. They are independent of Zack. I think the creating of Aerith and Tifa is to compare the past of Zack and the origional Cloud in the main story (partly). and Aeith is to complete that tragedy on CC. Lucercia is for Sephiroth, and Vincent is the kye person to explain the past of Jenova project. (what's about Yuffie?)

If I made a story for Sephiroth himself, I would create a girl to be his girlfriend to discover Sephiroth's personality. But it is unnessisary on those games had published.

Perhaps they do have girlfriends, and they just aren't in the story.
Or they might be gay.
Or they might be asexual.

Or perhaps Square and SE were trying to make a valid social comment. That because they are weapons, and their lives revolve around fighting they are unable to make a genuine human connection. That they have no capacity for love because of their lifestyle. A warning against militarisation of society, that we should make love, not war. ^_^

Why does he need a girlfriend? name one of the main villians in the final fantasy series that had a girlfriend? Kefka...no... Emperor... no... Garland.. no... the only that you might count is Ject in FF X cause he has a kid...

So instead of asking why does he not have a girlfriend, ask yourself why you really needs one? that would give him mixed emotions that would maybe not want him to destroy the world....

Most probably things are like that in real life, aren't they? There are many people with no girlfriend/boyfriend. The more "mundane" the characters are, the better. It is easy writing about a completely fantastic world, but usually the characters are shallow. That question increases depth to the story. Better him than Zack with year-long "relationship" of giggles and jokes.

Who said he doesn't? I mean Nomura himself said that sort of thing was left up to the players to decide, but the impression I get from young boys wanting to be like him so girls like them; tells me one thing -- He must have it going on with the ladies. Not to mention he's damn fine.

dear god, I'm a disturbed individual

I thought it was obvious.

HE ATE THEM.

He says, "I always knew I was different from the other children...." You know why? Because he thought it was normal to steam the bones clean after devouring all the succulent meat, lightly seared and with some BBQ sauce. He thought it was the most natural thing ever to create a little picket fence for the flower garden out of femurs. He couldn't understand this idea of "dumping" a girlfriend in such a way that it didn't involve toilet paper.

And later, when he turns against all of humanity and is bent on world destruction, all the quirks and discontinuities of his childhood suddenly flashed into brilliant clarity. Yes. This was his purpose! It had started with him dining on the flesh of their dainty females, but now he knows his true purpose! WORLD DESTRUCTION! He was a predator and they the prey. The natural order of things.

THAT is why Sephiroth never had girlfriend.... that we see. :sneaky:

Because Sephiroth is pure evil and have you heard that he killed Aeis who is kind of hot

and a girlfriend would slow him down and he would just kill one.An im sure many people in final fantasty VII are attracted to him.

I think/ believe that he didn't have a girlfriend, or boyfriend. Because he was always at war, and always fighting. War is a serious thing, even as talented as he was, there was a chance of him being slaughted and heavily killed, or missing in action. There's a chance, that he didn't want to get into romance, because if anything happened to him, the lover could be stressed, worried, panicked, or depressed. He could of been thinking of the other person. Plus, how long did the Wutai war go on for ?, he could of been separated from his lover for years. Imagination what stress and anxiety that could do to a person...

Or perhaps Square and SE were trying to make a valid social comment. That because they are weapons, and their lives revolve around fighting they are unable to make a genuine human connection. That they have no capacity for love because of their lifestyle. A warning against militarisation of society, that we should make love, not war. ^_^

This is pretty much what I was thinking, actually :hmmm: I think Sephiroth's commitment to his duties would have made it difficult for him to find room in his life for such personal relationships, and once he became obsessed with Jenova, it would have sealed the deal, I think. I doubt most people would be attracted to someone who was trying to destroy the planet, no matter what he looked like.

Sephiroth in the events of Crisis Core became a villain so I don't think a girlfriend would fit him. Besides how would he get a girlfriend? He stabbed a girl first of all... and killed her as well. Sephiroth is the main antagonist and a girlfriend really would not fit him at all.. in fact he would kill her as well. Just like what Kate said above really. Sephiroth has no time for a relationship.

This is pretty much what I was thinking, actually :hmmm: I think Sephiroth's commitment to his duties would have made it difficult for him to find room in his life for such personal relationships, and once he became obsessed with Jenova, it would have sealed the deal, I think. I doubt most people would be attracted to someone who was trying to destroy the planet, no matter what he looked like.
That's the not exactly the point I was trying to make, but I did express it poorly.
My point was that Square were ahead of their time in expressing concern about how if a person's life is about a specific thing, then they may not be able to act the opposite way in other parts of their lives. Take boxers for example, their career is all about inflicting pain and beating up their opponents, they don't show mercy. Are they capable of switching that mindset off outside of the ring?
Square were saying the same thing through Sephiroth. This is a person who is trained and conditioned to fight and kill. How can he reconcile that with what is needed in a relationship. He cannot, so he does not have any relationships because of what he is.

I think... he didn't like people very much to begin with. When it shows to the flashback, although he talks a little bit, he seems kind of.... aloof, I guess. He didn't pay tons of attention to the people around him because he didn't really care. I think that aloofness would scare women off. Even if it didn't, I think he'd probably become annoyed. Even normal people can seem scary when annoyed. ^^;

He has no girlfriend because after taking his dates home to meet his mother Jenova they run away screaming!!..lol.

That's the not exactly the point I was trying to make, but I did express it poorly.
My point was that Square were ahead of their time in expressing concern about how if a person's life is about a specific thing, then they may not be able to act the opposite way in other parts of their lives. Take boxers for example, their career is all about inflicting pain and beating up their opponents, they don't show mercy. Are they capable of switching that mindset off outside of the ring?
Square were saying the same thing through Sephiroth. This is a person who is trained and conditioned to fight and kill. How can he reconcile that with what is needed in a relationship. He cannot, so he does not have any relationships because of what he is.
I agree with this.

Sephiroth is way too busy being a psycho killer to go have a relationship of happy loving. If anything he uses and abuses women, if he had any relationship.

He's probably never had a relationship, but he most likely had relations with women, seeing as he was a famous soldier, girls would have been throwing themselves at him. :wacky:

"According to a Crisis Core fan letter mailed to Zack, Sephiroth uses an entire bottle of both shampoo and conditioner to wash his hair. Both are provided by the Shinra Company and are scented with thirteen kinds of perfumes."
- Source: FF Wiki

That's why he doesn't have a girlfriend :p

"According to a Crisis Core fan letter mailed to Zack, Sephiroth uses an entire bottle of both shampoo and conditioner to wash his hair. Both are provided by the Shinra Company and are scented with thirteen kinds of perfumes."
- Source: FF Wiki

That's why he doesn't have a girlfriend :p

I can't understand, why do you think this is the reason? Can you interpret it?

I am a girl, I think a man with some perfumes is fine, I would think he is a clean, polite gentleman. It is not as weird as you think.

Back