Who's your favourite artist?

Amizon

Too orsm for you.
Veteran
Gil
Post about your favourite artist in this thread. Please elaborate in your posts and give reasons why a particular artist is your favourite.

One liner posts will be classed as spam and may be deleted without warning.

Last edited:
Ok thankyou for clarifying it. :P

Well my favourite artist would have to be Eminem for over his career has produced a wide range of although rap based songs, he has managed to take his music to new levels each time he releases a new album or single.
He also a favourite of mine for he writes songs with a meaning, whether it be taking the mick out of another celebrity to talking about his life and his problems.
All in all he is my number one artist of all time.

It has to be Bob Dylan for me. Though a long career is not necessarily a sign of quality (*cough*CliffRichard*cough*), Bob Dylan has been around for almost 50 years now and at his best he has been one of the most brilliant and most individual singers out there. He has that distinctive voice of his and lyrics which show his storytelling abilities. There have been fallow periods but he's bounced back more often than not, and few singers out there have managed to give us great albums in four different decades.

Best album: Blood on the Tracks
Best song: Subterranean Homesick Blues

This is a tricky one for me because I'm more of a band person, but I think I'll go instrumental with this one. Joe Satriani, Santana, Steve Vai, the works. I'll listen to a lot of instrumental guitarists actually, as long as the song doesn't feel thrown together and is somewhat technical. It doesn't have to be technical when you're in a band, because you have vocals and other things most of the time. When you're on your own, or without vocals, the music better be at least SOMEWHAT difficult.

Artist. :hmmm:

Melanie Chisholm. (aka Sporty Spice, Mel C, Melanie C)

Yes, she was part of the big girl band in the 90's. The Spice Girls. I've been a huge fan of her singing style ever since then, and I was thrilled she continued a solo carreer after the Spice Girls split up.

I'm guilty to downloading some songs online when I like them, and to be honest I actually only buy an actual album when I'm either a fan of the music, or they're one of my favourite artists.

You'll see me wobbling to the store to truthfully buy my favourite artists' albums. :ryan:

I have all her albums. :wacky:

She's really inspiring with her music. Absolutely love this girl and her music.

She had a collab song with Lisa Left-Eye from the band TLC, a song called Never Be The Same Again.

Yeaaaaaaaah, she's awesome. Been a fan of her for years. :D

It has to be Bob Dylan for me. Though a long career is not necessarily a sign of quality (*cough*CliffRichard*cough*)

hahahahaha cliff is such a turkey :lew:

Hmmm hard decision for me to make ass typically all my musical interests revolve around bands not artists. Im quite tempted to say meatloaf actually :wacky: granted he never wrote any of his songs i still think hes pretty awesome. For a fat guy he had a lot of energy. I really like his voice and his songs( which he doessnt write) :lew:
Uhm im also quite partial to Bob dylan aswell as charlie above me posted though i find alot of his music quite hard to get into i have deep respect for the man.

K, mines being edited.

Im choosing Matthew Bellamy from Muse. Not only does he have a unique and interesting voice that spans from an A2 to a A5. His father was in the Tornados, so theres his musical trait passed on. He plays piano, guitar and of course sings in his music. He is a true showman who can entertain his fans anf has done for many years.

SapphireStar, this is for your favourite singer. There's a separate thread for bands. :wacky:

Mine's gotta be Stevie Nicks. She is just so damn talented. I feel that Fleetwood Mac was at it's best with her, and even her solo music is just so epic. "Go Your Own Way" and "Edge of Seventeen" are my favorite songs with her singing.

Next is Angela Gossow of Arch Enemy. Much better than the proceeding Johan Livva. She just makes metal something interesting, and the fact that she's a female singer in a Melo-Death Metal Band is pretty awesome.

go your own way was Lindsey Buckingham dear. Believe me. I know these things :wacky:

Fleetwood Mac by far. Their music is timeless. No matter how old you are, you can relate to their music. I particularly love the Stevie Nicks/Lindsey Buckingham era. Obviously. XD They duet so damn well together. I can never get tired of the Mac.

And so. Lindsey Buckingham or Stevie Nicks.

Both are solo artists as well as members of the Mac.
:mokken:

It still counts imo

I like Beyonce. Her voice always captivates me and she never gets old :ryan: Halo is one of my favorite songs to this day and Naughty girl was an interesting song.

The fact that she is so hot also and has managable acting skills helps too :wacky:

go your own way was Lindsey Buckingham dear. Believe me. I know these things :wacky:

Was it really? :p It's so hard for me to distinguish against the two in comparison to the two songs I mentioned. Even so, then add Lindsey Buckingham to my list. That song is pretty much my ultimate mood-lifting song. :p

Right, I don't see a problem with members discussing a frontman or frontwoman in a band. They too are singers. If you don't want to discuss the whole band, but just the singer that's in that band, then I see absolutely no problem with it. My favourite singer is Jared Leto. That man absolutely, positively blows me away with his beautiful vocals. He really has a set of lungs on him as well.

He sings anywhere from very soft, low and acoustic, to really powerful expression with his voice to even some screaming when he really throws himself into the music. For example the song From Yesterday, he uses extremely powerful vocals throughout that whole song. He does the same with The Kill. However, Jared can also take those songs down quite a few notches, play them acoustically, beautifully and make them something completely different than what they originally were. I could sit and listen to him sing for hours. The man is just amazing. (And really fucking hot too. xD)

I have to say that I have two. I know, you said favorites, but I can't just pick one. I have to have two. I listen to these people everyday, sometimes all day. I think that justifies having two.

The first is Madonna, obviously. Why? Because her music is celebratory, and it's awesome. It's all about the beat, and the lyrics just sort of fall into place. It's like it just all falls into place, and it works great. I have all her CDs and I just can't go through a day without listening to something. It's all so well written. I love it!

The second is Jade Valerie. Her music is amazing and well written. Geo does amazing production. They're amazing, and I had to track down all their cds. It was very hard!

Female: Tori Amos, because her lyrics are so unusual and yet still end up making so much sense. She can sing/play in any style and yet she makes it all her own.

Male: Duncan Sheik. He's completely underrated, I think because his most popular single (Barely Breathing) is actually one of his less deep and/or intuitive songs, and that's what people think of when they hear someone mention him. His real songwriting is very thought-provoking, his lyrics are full of great imagery and he uses lots of strings in the backgrounds of acoustic-guitar songs, which gives a unique epic feel to them. He's also not afraid to speak his mind about anything--one of his songs, "Shopping", is fantastically cheeky (I actually posted it in a Lyrics thread somewhere) and I can think of about a thousand people I've met who would be offended by it. :D

Tupac - Tupac was a lyrical genious one of the best ever, not only a great rapper but a great poet, he had everything Intelligence Ambition dedication and Talent, most the rappers in this era have had there music career made for them
Tupac had to work his way up from Poverty and the Law, for someone to die so young and to sell so many Albums is Amazing, there are not many people who have left an impact in the music industry like he has he inspired some of the greatest rappers of this era Eminem Jaz Z and T.I, he was one of a kind like Elvis and Micheal Jackson

Enya. Hands down. I have all of her albums and I love every single one of her songs. I love how the music is able to evoke such powerful emotions, even the songs without lyrics. Her best album, imo, is The Memory of Trees, with the title track being my favorite song.

At the moment my favourite artist would have to be Lady Gaga.

I find that I listen to her more than anything. Her songs always get stuck in my head and I never get tired of them. >.<

I just love her quirky weirdness and the way that she is totally different to anything I've seen in a long time.

She's very out there and you don't hear too much about her aside from her singing, which I like.

She has a very strange sense in fashion which I love and she's really made an impact on the music industry of late. She started off nicely and she's still heading in a great direction.

Awesome voice and lyrics. <3

Nobody has said it, so I hope this is an acceptable answer...I am big on video game music, I listen to it almost exclusively when I am online, and I listen to music 100% of the time I am online other than if I am watching a video on the Internet, like Youtube.

Anyways, I have to say Nobuo Uematsu, that guy is someone that truly has a great mind for video game music, he is responsible for so much of the Final Fantasy music, which is some of the best out there, so huge thanks to him for some of the best music of the video game industry, gonna miss him not doing any more music for the FF games...I already do. xP

But yeah, he knows how to make a good tune, lots of 'em, so hopefully this is a valid answer, as it is definitely the one I would like to give. :awesome:

Mine is Notorious B.I.G,he was one of the best rappers in history,too bad he got shot. imo no one is better then him and hes the best!

Back