FF Music Which Final Fantasy Game Has the Best Music?

Which Final Fantasy Game Has the Best Music?

• Final Fantasy I

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Fantasy II

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Final Fantasy III

• Final Fantasy IV

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Final Fantasy V

• Final Fantasy VI

Votes: 28 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy VII

Votes: 38 19.2%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

Votes: 27 13.6%
  • Final Fantasy IX

Votes: 42 21.2%
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2

Votes: 31 15.7%
  • Final Fantasy XI

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Final Fantasy XII

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Final Fantasy XIII

Votes: 9 4.5%
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Final Fantasy XV

• Others (please specify)

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
Final Fantasy F-xi is best music for ever.

Mod edit: Just for future reference, please try and expand a bit more on your post as we'd like to hear the reasons from our members. Thanks. :)

FFX is mi choice as most music from the game fit almost perfectly with the ocasion, Jecht Boss Fight has the coolest music i have heard in my long FF gaming run.

Final Fantasy VI for me. I love the entire OST especially Tina's theme.
My second choice would be FFVII.

First place for me goes to Final Fantasy 7. It's the only game that actually got me to download the OST and listen to while I play other games. Second place is Final Fantasy X, though.

Final Fantasy 7's music was my favorite part of the game. All of the music has stuck with me and I can just imagine some of the tracks, my favorite being Cosmo Canyon's :)

mine personal farviote is FFIX, it the only FF Soundtrack I ever downloaded, FFX Comes a close second as alot of the boss battle music is amazing, thrid goes to FFXIII-2, The vocals on that soundtrack is like amazing :)

Hello guys...........

I mostly likes the FF-IX and FF-XIII-2

Both this has the best music which i ever download and shared with my friends...

You know what it's a tough choice because i love all songs of final fantasy 7 and i love all songs of final fantasy 13 and i do love songs of final fantasy x-2 my most favorite song from x-2 is 1000 words i love it in both English and in Japanese if you wish to call me weak you can that song reminds me of me and my close friends and i loved them very much they are like family to me.

So far I'm scared my close friends is drifting apart and 2 of them is not talking to each other yet anyway and i would never stop being a brother to them and yes 2 of them is like little sisters to me and I'm like a big brother to them and one them is like a brother to me and I'm like a brother to him and i miss them dearly and if i can i try help the best i can :) and yes kuda kumi is one of my favorite singers and there is one song i love on final fantasy 10 even though songs on there and the song is.

Suteki Da Ne and i admit it makes me feel a little sad even though I'm a guy and i love this song and singer Rikki who singed it is one of my favorite singers and she have beautiful singing voice when singing this song

I'll have to go with IV or VI as the best. IV had my favorite song (the intro or "bridge" theme) but VI had the best overworld music.

Thank you for creating this thread! No one talks about the music in video games anymore.

Here's why:

It's not classical, themed music anymore. It's more background music. Final Fantasy XIII having Leona Lewis do its theme was a great example of what they're doing instead nowadays. There's a few good themes every once in a while in video games, but they are few and far between. Video game composers need to play through Crono Trigger and learn what good themes sound like again. They need to create themes that you can hum with, themes where, if you here the music playing in the distance you know what game and which part of the game the music goes to.

I vote for VI. I still like listening to the music on youtube when I need back ground noise and I like nearly every one of the tracks.

I agree with Rydia, FFVI's soundtrack made the game incredibly memorable. From the Into to the mines of Narshe to Atma Weapon to Celes's attempted suicide, the music playing behind the game was one of the best I've ever heard in the series.

IV, VI, IX, or X. Those are all my favorites. The diversity of the melodies in them really gets me. You can honestly just listen to the soundtracks, and they tell the story on their own.

I actually like FFXIII music so far, the battle theme is epic...somewhat reminds of the first episode of Xenosaga.

It has to be FFVII. The whole score was just incredible.

Dat Cosmo Canyon choon...;))

X has the best OST to date. A Fleeting Dream. :ryan:

XIII's, though, is loosely reminiscent of X's, which is pretty nice.

Having just recently got into the music from FF, I can say without a doubt, FF VI is the soundtrack I enjoyed the most. The thing I really have started to learn about the music to this series, is that it's intended to be listened to over and over, and the themes really do grow on you! I also really enjoyed the XI expansion soundtracks, by Naoshi Mizuta. We actually just did a podcast on the music of Final Fantasy, for anyone interested.
http://supermarcatobros.blogspot.com/2012/09/episode-27-final-fantasy.html

Each game has their gems and I can appreciate every single Final Fantasy tune I've ever heard, no matter how much I may not have enjoyed one.

However, I'm going to have to go with the FFX OST. It's an easy decision, because nothing beats nostalgia.

I like FF12 music best, kiss me good bye and real emotion,
If someday you get a baby robot, what will you do? Send it to the police station? NO NO NO, iOS game Gizmonauts will teach you how to breed robots hand by hand. You will feel the best experience of it.

Last edited:
I have to agree with the people that mention FFIX, one of the most evocative soundtracks in the entire series. An honorable mention for me would be FFXII, for those of us with enough grey matter to appreciate the game and its music, the soundtrack was very rewarding and beautiful.

Back