FF Music Which Final Fantasy Game Has the Best Music?

Which Final Fantasy Game Has the Best Music?

• Final Fantasy I

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Fantasy II

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Final Fantasy III

• Final Fantasy IV

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Final Fantasy V

• Final Fantasy VI

Votes: 28 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy VII

Votes: 38 19.2%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

Votes: 27 13.6%
  • Final Fantasy IX

Votes: 42 21.2%
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2

Votes: 31 15.7%
  • Final Fantasy XI

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Final Fantasy XII

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Final Fantasy XIII

Votes: 9 4.5%
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Final Fantasy XV

• Others (please specify)

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
I am particular towards XIII's soundtrack as my fav.It has a more progressive sound to it while keeping some of the feel of mystique that many of the other titles have been known for.I use to be into VII's OST and I kind of still am and will always be,but nonetheless.

I like them all. It's so hard! Favorites are probably something like the Playstation Triforce, VII, VIII and IX. Leaning towards VIII. I think it's more consistently good, but then again it doesn't have One Winged Angel, so...

Favorite Tracks: Aeris' Theme, Cid's Theme, Eyes on Me, Song of Memory, You're Not Alone!, Terra, Fragments of Memories

Underrated Tracks: The Lunarians, Sandy Badlands, Gau's Theme, Under Her Control, Heart of Melting Magic

I could say 7 because it was my childhood favorite OST but I feel as if Nobuo put his soul and heart into FFX making it the best OST for sure.

I've only played the first 7, and beat 1, 4, and 6.

My favorite is in 1, 4, and 6, and maybe the others too.

The track that plays before Cecil and Kain make the trek with the package, cross that bridge in the first game, and at the very end of the 6th game.

It's really hard to choose between VII and X. In the end, considering there aren't really any songs I actually dislike in VII whereas I got really tired of X's main battle theme after a while, I voted for VII. But I love Suteki Da Ne and To Zanarkand about as much as I love Rufus' Welcoming Committee and One Winged Angel, so it's pretty much a tie.

VIII had some really good music, and even my mom likes Eyes On Me, but when you're wandering around the world map trying to AP train and the music is literally putting you to sleep...yeah. Only time I ever fell asleep playing a game XD

IX has good music too, at least while you're listening to it, and it does fit the theme of the world, but some of it was a bit forgettable.

I actually liked at least some of X-2's music, I even like Real Emotion and 1000 Words, but overall I simply don't like it as much as some of the others.

For XII, I hated it at first simply because Nobuo Uematsu wasn't the composer, but I got used to it and yeah, it's good, but much like the game itself, it's pretty forgettable. (I put in over 150 hours in that game and I only really remember the Rabanastre theme at all.)

XIII and XIII-2 I thought were just weird; pretty much every background song I noticed had vocals, which I'm used to in games like Persona, but not in Final Fantasy. I'm used to maybe one or two vocal songs per FF. I did eventually get used to it, and I actually really like several of the songs, but I can't say I like the ones with rapping--not because I hate rap, though I'm not particularly fond of it, but because it was bad rapping. But it does seem like either they play the same songs in a lot of places, or maybe there are a lot of songs that all sound really similar.

So, yeah. VII and X.

Generally i would have said final fantasy 7 for the best original sound track but then i have to admit that i do love eyes on me so so much, its a beautiful piece and fits the game perfectly so i have to vote final fantasy 8 this time around

Final Fantasy IX, is the best overall soundtrack to me many tracks from it. Always send nostalgic tingles up my spine, there hasn't been a soundtrack that beats it every since. Of course that is my opinion. :)

Difficult to say really. Sentimentally, FF X and FF X-2, cause these were the games I have spent most time with. "Memory of Lightwaves" and "Guadosalam" always put me in this very special mood. Let's just say Nobuo Uematsu is a great composer. I also think piano collections help to experience the music in a very remarkable way.

For me it was IX, simply because every single song invoked the exact mood needed for the given scenario. Super cool and it also had Daggers amazing acapella moments which were awesome.

i'm going to divide it from consoles because i just don't think its fair to compare all FF music together when some have moved up the evolutionary chain.

For the NES, its very hard. i'm going to say FF1 had the best town music, FF2 had the best battle music and FF3 had a little bit of both but not enough.

For me, it was really tough because there's 3 that I absolutely love. VII, IX, and X are all extremely excellent soundtracks. But, in the end, I went with VII. I could sit and listen to it and the music just pulls me right in the game. It makes me just think about the story of the game, the locations, what I was doing at said location, where I was in real life, idk its weird.
Maybe its nostalgia because I was so blown away by this game when I was a kid. Whatever it is about the soundtrack is so hard for me to explain, but I absolutely love it.

Close call for me between VII and VI but I'll give it to VI mainly because Dancing Mad and the Ending Theme are such epic and amazing pieces.

Back