[V6] What are you currently listening to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

You made all those promises
But you broke them like my heart
Saying things like darling I do
Until death do us apart
Now that times run out on our love
I gotta leave these vows behind
They were empty promises

It has been a few months since I completed Red Dead Redemption 2 (though not the epilogue yet...) and this song still gives me chills. I actually just purchased it and will put it on my iPod. I find it relaxing, but also... Well, people who have played the game will know.

A very decent track, in my opinion.

I have been trying to get into more bands outside my usual groups, but also avoid some weird hipster nonsense that spotify might suggest to me because I unintentionally liked a song with a sample of a homeless man taking a shit...

ANYWAY, on with the collage!!!

The 1975 - Girls

While I think the lead singer looks like a bit of a twat... I will admit, they make a whopper tune! The video is a bit of fun too - self aware and willing to poke some fun at themselves. The guitar riffs give me Chic vibes, the unfettered English accents bring a refreshing taste to a demographic smoothered with Californian dude-bros. Begrudgingly... I love it.

Paramore - Hard Times

After they moved away from emo stuff, I stopped listening to them... but this is a belter. I wouldn't listen to them regularly sooooo... yeah, they're here! Obviously, it's much more poppy than it used to be. The video is fun. It's rather hipstery, with designs that really, really mesh with the "art kid" fashion you'd see nowadays. I like it.

Lily Allen - Alfie

While I do think Lily Allen is, perhaps, one of those celebrities who has too much of an entitlement to barking orders at people around - she seemed a bit like a narcissistic car crash for a long time - I definitely feel like she's a wonderful music artist. She has the wit, originality and flair for a solid comedic song. I like this one because her brother played an absolute belter on Game of Thrones and I wonder if that came from his sister calling him a waster for millions of people to listen to!

Kandi - One Eskimo

So this is a band I'd never heard of, singing a song that I remember but never knew(He Called me Baby by Candi Staton) and I just got HOOKED! While the lads seem like "generic Maroon 5-ish band", the chorus where the lyrics from the sampled song come in fit SO well! It's a pleasantly positive, soft number that has a bit of a chilled out vibe to it - a bit like a serenade!!

• Haha
Reactions: Six

yes yes another song composed by yoko kanno and sang by ilaria................ they just make reeeeaaaally good songs together.............
this song makes me feel really sad though ;_____; (tbh all GitS songs make me feel that way)

I'm caught on the fence (The fence)
I'm either happy or I wish I was dead (Or I wish I was dead)
My life is a mess (A mess)
I fucking love it even though I'm depressed
(I fucking love it even though I'm depressed)

Random spotify suggestion. I quite like it. Bit different

I know you love her, but it's over, mate
It doesn't matter, put the phone away
It's never easy to walk away, let her go
It'll be okay
It's gonna hurt for a bit of time
So bottoms up, let's forget tonight
You'll find another and you'll be just fine
Let her go

Last edited:
Reactions: Six
That song's a tune! Can't believe it only popped up now, it was popular a while back! Ross

You don’t remember my name some days or that we’re related...
Triggers my worry,
Who else am I gonna lose before I am ready?
And who’s gonna lose me?

STUCK IN MY HEAD ALL DAY :gasp:

omg I used to sing along every time this movie was on Disney :XD:

my friend got me into this Thai drama today and I watched all 8 episodes and now I have to wait for the rest every week :8F:............. anyway now the ending song is stuck in my head aaaaah

Finally, sort of, maybe got Paul Simon's harmony's down! Fuck sake. Can't he just do regular harmony, that's difficult enough!

I feel anxious all the time,
If I smiled I would be lying.

You hide self deprecation up your sleeve,
And self serving friends who leave when you are sinking.

New Birds of Tokyo album is FULL OF BANGERS. I've been listening to it non-stop today. Fantastic stuff. Kinda reminds me of Linkin Park's 'newer' songs.

'Cause whenever you fall too farrrrrrrrrr
I will dive for you, into darkest blueeeeeeeeee
You will never be on your ownnnnnnnnnnn
'Cause I will dive for you, into darkest blueeeeeeeeee

How could you leave me here my friend
Somewhere between alive and dead
I thought we'd make it to the end
How could you leave me here my friend
Don't leave me Addison

My darling my son you will always be loved
My darling my son I will never leave you alone
I know that come one day you will be all you've wanted
You're a good man you're honest
You're the best part of me

BLOBSWEAT

Last edited:
Ross Finally had a chance to listen to their new album as well!

I won't relink, but Dive, My Darling My Son & Addison are amazing songs.

I wish you could have loved me the way that I'm designed
I wish you could have seen how hard I had to try
To be somebody else in somebody else's eyes

I wish you could have loved me they way that I'm designed

Tell me if its easier with somebody else
And I ain't gonna stop you
If you gotta go Then I'll get out of your way

Yeah, even if it hurts

I've lost and I've been let down
I've been torn in two
It's so long since I felt right

I want something new

In my time I've seen all things

Some that made me, some broke me too
Through the bullshit and the beauty

Sometimes changes leave marks on you

SSX on Tour soundtrack was cool.....

They played Banquet at Silent Alarm Live when I saw them! That's a seriously good tune!

I have been listening to some cool shit, like:

Vistas - Calm

So, I like this band because of their sound and because they basically look like a bunch of lads I would have went to college with!

The Wombats - Kill the Director

Another great British band! Not saying British rock is better... but British rock is better. Bad oppression, great rock!

blobheart.png

Maybe I would like you better if you took off your clothes!
I'm not playing with you, baby, I think that you should give it a go.

Hey I’ve been falling apart these days
Split open watching my heart go round and around
Round and around
Circle the drain I’m going down

don't you just love listening to sad songs whenever you're feeling down and end up feeling worse :wacky: (I still enjoy this song a lot shh)

:grin:

NRhet3l.png

Reference point:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back