[V6] What are you currently listening to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

15 year old me listened to this on youtube one day and decided to learn greek because of it.......... it lasted one week :8F:
(made a habit out of writing αγάπη on my desk/notebooks/exams for years though lmao A MESS) anyway good memories

I ask you to never leave behind the reciprocal, we're past that
Love is not designed for the cynical
So we have that

1581550760428.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Six

15 year old me listened to this on youtube one day and decided to learn greek because of it.......... it lasted one week :8F:
(made a habit out of writing αγάπη on my desk/notebooks/exams for years though lmao A MESS) anyway good memories

There's nothing silly about that, Tami! :argor:
Greek is really quite a beautiful language. I sometimes listen to Greek folk music and I even have part of a song by Euripides on my iPod (or a speculative reconstruction based on fragments). I need to explore more modern Greek music too as there are some good ballads in particular.

On my way home I've just been listening to Dead Can Dance anyway so, inspired by you, I figured I might as well listen to their track called Agape.

Dead Can Dance aren't actually Greek or anything but they really do capture the wonder of the world, both ancient modern. I find them very relaxing and they feed the imagination.

Talk to my dog,
He don't mind!

Opening theme song for Netflix's The Stranger - never actually heard of the band before (probably one of these bands that literally everyone else knows), but the song was catchy as hell.

Go to song at the moment, especially whilst driving home at night at full blast. MASSIVE fan of the 80s pop / electro vibe.

Randomly popped on Spotify on last night during a short 'drive' in Storm Dennis. I'll use the word drive loosely given that the rain was so torrential I couldn't see beyond the car bonnet - at least if I was going to go out, I'd go out old school and bouncing.

I'm so excited for this song to actually come out. 😩 The new album is going to be amazing!

She said, "Maybe I would like you better if you take off your clothes.
I'm not playing with you, baby,
I think that you should give it a go."

I first encountered this rather unique Ukranian band called Onuka while watching Eurovision a few years ago. They weren’t actually competing but they were the intermission act and they played a medley of some of their tracks. I looked them up and have fallen down a bit of a rabbit hole with them and have bought some of their albums. I like the combination of electronic music with folk instruments.

19 86 is a particularly interesting one as it relates to Chernobyl. It contains sadness but I also find the music itself (not the theme) to be oddly calming.

If You’re Too Shy (Let Me Know) - The 1975

again.... I’m obsessed with this song. Can they release the studio version already?! I can’t WAIT for April 24th! C’mon!!

been listening to TWA's new album this week and decided that this is my fav track so far :P
(thank you zack for the delicious shred @ 2:40 🤤)

It's been a while since I've listened to Thomas Dolby. A couple of years ago I used to listen to him a lot. I find this one quite relaxing, though the lyrics remind me of Bowie in that I can't say I really understand them. :argor: Not in a bad way though.

Looking forward to their new album in uhhh April or whatever.

Time and again I'd keep on returning
To the greatest mistakes I've made, but I'm learning
This journey it ain't over for me

EOKrGp5XUAINl5I

Melodies of Midgar by Pontus Hultgren.

No YouTube clip to play of this because it is a KupoCon exclusive (an item we gained when we attended the FFVII Remake party) but here is a clip by Ben Leslie from the previous KupoCon (a few weeks ago in Glasgow) where some snippets were showcased.

I really like the album. The tracks are rebuilt from the ground up in an imaginative way. They played some of the tracks in the nightclub at the Remake event too and some of them really worked for that sort of setting. The guy who arranged these tracks is also hilarious.

Wait, am I about to lose myself again
In between these walls so torn and thin
Everything is seen for what it is

Why don't I feel like all the others
Why don't I feel like all the others
Just like the broken I have suffered
So why don't I feel like all the others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back