[V6] What are you currently listening to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting back into a little Ultraviolence recently. Listen to it at night as I sleep.

The Hounds - The Protomen

It's just got a sick rift, sounds kinda like a 40s zoot suit era rock song, if that makes sense. it's pretty cool and i suggest people give it a try

Be My Escape - Relient K

Amazing song. Amazing lyrics.

I’ve given up on giving up slowly, I’m blending in so
You won’t even know me apart from this whole world that shares my fate
This one last bullet you mention is my one last shot at redemption
because I know to live you must give your life away

Cause I’ve been housing all this doubt and insecurity and,
I’ve been locked inside that house all the while you hold the key,
And I’ve been dying to get out and that might be the death of me
And even though, there’s no way in knowing where to go, promise I’m going because
I’ve gotta get outta here
I’m stuck inside this rut that I fell into by mistake
I’ve gotta get outta here
And I’m begging You, I’m begging You, I’m begging
You to be my escape.

I was hit with a wave of nostalgia last night, and well, that lead to me looking up this gem again;

Take A Drink - Quietdrive

Good song. Haven't listened to Quietdrive in quite a while now. It was an old time favourite of mine, so I'm glad I came across this again.

I never wanna be part of the herd, I guess I was in case you haven't heard.
Maybe you can tell that I can't stand the way I wanna be the included.
I always wanna be a mystery, I always knew that two and two made 3.

Predictable - Good Charlotte.

So take your empty words, your broken promises.
And all the time you stole, cause I am done with this.
I could give it away, give it away, I'm doing everything I should have,
Now I'm making a change, I'm living today,
I'm giving back what you gave me - I don't need anything.

I knew it all along, you're so predictable.
I knew something would go wrong.
So you don't have to call, or say anything at all.
You're so predictable. :ryan:

Band: Siberian
Album: Modern Age Mausoleum

This Sludge from Sweden has helped me through this mornings tasks. For fans of early Mastodon and their ilk (not many around here I'm guessing :p)

Click on the cover art to be linked to the Bandcamp page

Chocolate - The 1975

Already mentioned this little guy before, but this song is great. Really don't care for the meaning but the whole way it's put together and the tune just puts me in a good mood. =]

Ex Hex - Rips

Great album from this all-female trio, in the vein of the great Sleater-Kinney and Wild Flag. One of my favourites of 2014.

Trapt: Love Hate Relationship

I've been in love with Headstrong since it came out. I almost thought that this group died off into the edge of the Earth idunno where they were :wacky: but then I guess I'm not a real fan if I don't know that much, huh? :P

It's a very good song, very catchy and very true lol.

Plainsong (remastered) - The Cure

Great song, great lyrics. The Cure is still one of my favourite bands and a lot of their songs feel so empowering. This is definitely one of them. Could listen to a full instrumental of this as well, and not get bored. ♥ Love them.

Palms - Palms (album)

Essentially Chino Moreno from Deftones and three guys from ISIS (the band, not the terrorist group, ya fuck). Pretty good but I prefer the old bands, specifically ISIS whom are one of my favorite Post-Metal bands.

Now, as people who know me probably know, I'm not a rap or hip-hop man. I've never been one for genres- maybe that's my whiteness, who knows?

However, there is one artist which I've really come to enjoy: Kendrick Lamar. The wonders of spotify have allowed me to enjoy his other albums.

"i" is the first track from his next album... And wow- I love it!
Maybe it's the message of the track- the idea of self love and strength against the shitty world we live in- that there's always a reason to continue.

I really like it- not to mention the backing track itself is wickedly addictive.

https://soundcloud.com/rocktheboatamsterdam/birthday-boy-mix

^ That. To be more concise and specific, it's this mix by this DJ from the Netherlands who goes under the alias of "Full Crate."
He's some hip dude who likes to spin obscure samples into something beautiful and soulful so I dig this. Some of the tracks I've been able to find through Sound Cloud but others remain in obscurity--which angers me. It's a mix I find myself coming back to in recent months, especially as I tuck into writing my novel. Inspirational I suppose in a weird way--it's not very melancholic at all, which, lol, my novel is--it's more, party-esque and vibrant. It's good and wholesome and infectious.

Some Say - Sum 41.

One of those bands you have to be in the mood for to listen to, for me anyway. Great lyrics in this one.

Think before you make up your mind,
You don't seem to realize,
I can do this on my own
And if I fall, I'll take it all, it's so easy after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back