Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
Coloured Thread
Chocobo Egg
Shiva Snowflake
What are you currently playing?

---

Just finished up FFIX after a long time since my last play through, maybe 8-9 years. I love this game so much, it hit all the feels. Honestly super sad it's done now, it kinda gave me the blues for a day or two. I'm thinking about rebuying it so I can play again and earn some trophies & give me another reason to play again.

Anyway, I'm supposed to get Pokemon Snap delivered today & will be playing that for the next few days/weeks, and maybe some Stardew Valley on the side. I'm at the point where I want to start decorating my house/farm/town now~

Anyway, I'm supposed to get Pokemon Snap delivered today & will be playing that for the next few days/weeks,

Hope Pokemon Snap turns out to be good, it's definitely one I'm looking at for the future... when there is more free time to be had.

Just started Nier Replicant, the fun, family game for all ages.

I played Nier Gestalt many moons ago and remember loving it - and the soundtrack is up there with my all time favourites - but weirdly I can't remember lots of it. I will however, greatly enjoy introducing my fiancee to Kaine's depth of vocabulary. :tehe:

I continued Assassin's Creed: Valhalla after a break since January. Had to relearn a few things. Still very fun, but I do much prefer the setting of Odyssey. I am quite biased, however...
My main criticism is that it is overwhelming in how huge it is. Which isn't a bad thing if you are very familiar with the period. For Odyssey it was a great thing. For Valhalla, I'm sure it will be for some. While I like Vikings and Norse lore, England during this time isn't my favourite setting.

I also keep picking up Fantasian when I get a spare moment. I can't get enough of those dioramas!

Ys Origins - Ok, I'm on my 3rd playthrough now. The 2nd playthrough was more fun as Hugo imo and is even more fun as this new 3rd character but...I feel like I'll be really happy when it's all done, no matter how much I've enjoyed the game. Still, I'm only now getting into the Ys games and it's left such a good overall impression. It's much better than Ys 1 and 2 and that's all I've played (except 6 which I played when the PS2 was a thing but I don't remember much of that).

Umineko Arc 2 (Turn of the Golden Witch) - I'm loving this series so far! I've seen the anime but this is much better. I do find it way too wordy and repetitive sometimes though. Gonna be wrapping up this arc tomorrow hopefully :).

I am currently trying to complete FFXII Zodiac Age on PC. It is quite fun with all the new Job system. I also play FFXIV and I am currently trying to finish the new content on there as well. Next I plan to go back to the Legacy Final Fantasy's and try those out.

Currently playing Chrono Trigger. It's been a while, but def one of my favorite games ever. Music is 😘 👌 *Chef kiss*

Also dabbling with Animal Crossing: New Horizons again. Been wanting to actually do something with my island and I'm fairly pleased with some of the progress I've made. Time is... well it is what it is.

Hope Pokemon Snap turns out to be good, it's definitely one I'm looking at for the future... when there is more free time to be had.

Pokemon Snap was great! Hope you can squeeze some time in your busy schedule to play it in the future :-) I know with a youngin' that's easier said than done though. :lew:

The past week or so I've continued AC: Valhalla in the hopes that I can soon complete it.

I've discovered that it actually has a very interesting twist in the modern day section which I find intriguing. Something I did not see coming at all. The modern day sections of the franchise are hated by many, and it is true that the franchise doesn't really commit to telling complete stories in these sections, but I must admit that I do still enjoy them. Until Odyssey's Atlantis expansion they hadn't really made good use of them since AC3, but they are improving.

I'm currently waiting the Skyward Sword remastered on July 16th.
It was a great game, I loved the immersive controls and the big dungeons they made

I just finished Bravely Default 2 recently and I'm now playing Pokemon Snap. Disclaimer: This is the very first Pokemon game I've ever played. I'm loving it so far. There's something relaxing about riding through beautiful scenery and taking pictures. Though trying to complete some of those requests is anything but relaxing.

I am currently playing Pokemon Unite and Monster Hunter Rise on my Nintendo Switch. I am really enjoying Monster Hunter Rise the most. It is a fun game to play with your friends.

I've just finished Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions on PSP after.... many years.
I rarely touch my PSP. I guess it is technically a very old console now despite time compression making it feel fresh still in my mind.

Tactics was good. I will be honest though playing it like this in bitty fashion did not help me to follow the lore. I kept needing a refresher. My own fault!

Very depressing end btw.

Skyward Sword HD - The original SS was one of my least favourite Zelda games for a few reasons but this new version has really sorted a few of the faults out! I still find the sky area to be really empty and slow. The dungeons are also still really linear and straight forward imo (I'm only 2 dungeons in though so far). Otherwise, the normal Pro controls are much better than the wiimote controls and it just feels...much more fresh.

It will still never be my favourite Zelda game but it's no longer the worst for me (Zelda 1, 2 and BOTW are taking that joint slot lol).

Darksiders Genesis - I started playing this game yesterday night. I am currently on chapter 3 of the story. I have played the first three games from this series and finish them. Now with the fourth game at my disposal, I will get to enjoy this franchise once again. I bought it at a discounted price of $17.99 at the Nintendo shop, which is a great deal to let it pass by.

Dreams. Or more particularly Pig Detective 3 made on Dreams. The production quality on this game is pretty mind-blowing considering that it is a community-created game. The storyline is surprisingly gripping (a parody of Sherlock Holmes meets Lovecraft in this episode). They managed to nab the vocal talents of Greg Miller and Troy Baker for it too, although the whole voice cast seemed to work. The music was also pretty awesome.

It took me longer than the advertised 6 hours to complete it, I think. Something like this was unthinkable (and impossible) in Little Big Planet, so it goes to show how significantly more powerful a creation tool Dreams is.

Pig Detective 4 seems to be in production and I'll definitely be playing that too. :thehead: Especially since the fourth installment appears to be a parody of Hound of the Baskervilles.

There was recently a deal to get the streaming service PS Now for £1, so I've mostly been tinkering with short titles on there for the month.

I've been playing Wolrd War Z with a friend, it's basically Left 4 Dead in 3rd person - Which may sound lacking but it's very well done. The quantity of zombies that ambush you and tower up ledges is very impressive. Sadly there is no split-screen which has put me off purchasing it beyond this trial.

I'm now playing the Telltale versions of The Adventures of Sam & Max - Which has more of a comedic tone than their other games and genuinely funny! I have found it a little less accessible then their other games too though, it's very easy to get stuck on certain objectives much like old click and point adventures which demand you to do very particular things. So I am playing it with a guide which dampens the exploration but provides enjoyment of the narrative still. There are two games on there so, I hope I can get through both before my trial runs out.
1630563512518.png
1630563551670.png

Revisiting Final Fantasy X. Been actually playing in my spare time for the last month, but still actively playing! I definitely have a different perspective about this game now, it's kinda funny, but been enjoying my time all the same. I think I get a little more something out of these games each time I play. Not sure if it's because I'm playing with fresh eyes or just because I'm a bit older!

Also, I know it doesn't really count, but I also bought the physical copy of Untilted Goose for my son recently as a Christmas present & am holding myself back from booting it up and playing while he is out. :olivia: I've played it before but it's just such a silly & charming game. Really think he's gonna enjoy it & think it's hilarious!

I've been rather snail's pace playing through Assassin's Creed Origins the last few weeks. I used to really not like the franchise but I got into them about a year or so ago because I was able to bulk buy a bunch for cheap when gamestop was trying to get rid of its 7th gen game stock. Gotta say, I've definitely become a fan. The only one I've thought was genuinely bad was Syndicate which I had to just stop playing from disgust but I'm glad I did because I've been really liking Origins. I like how organic the gameplay can be and Bayek is easily one of the best protagonists in the series, maybe even the best. I've heard Odyssey is better but I might take a break before playing that one.

I gave myself a bit of a break the other night and played through What Remains of Edith Finch. I've actually had it on my PS4 for ages when it was either free or reduced to a cheap price for PS+ folk. It seemed like a good time to go through some of my backlog so I gave it a go.

And wow.

I expected it to be a first-person mystery with some dark themes, and it was. But I wasn't expecting it to be quite so sad. It is ultimately a game about keeping people's memories alive after death and enjoying the time you have with people while you have them. But cripes it was very dark at times. In a careful and respectful way rather than a gratuitous way, I must stress. The dark moments weren't for kicks, but to make you feel and reflect.

And I certainly did begin to connect with the various characters as I uncovered details about their histories and pieced things together.

The gameplay in some of the character flashbacks was also very, very interesting. They made quite a novel use of the PS4 controller's joysticks in one in particular (if you've played it, you'll know the one I mean 🐟 ).

Although very short (taking me one night to complete it), I thoroughly enjoyed it.

EDIT
I've been rather snail's pace playing through Assassin's Creed Origins the last few weeks. I used to really not like the franchise but I got into them about a year or so ago because I was able to bulk buy a bunch for cheap when gamestop was trying to get rid of its 7th gen game stock. Gotta say, I've definitely become a fan. The only one I've thought was genuinely bad was Syndicate which I had to just stop playing from disgust but I'm glad I did because I've been really liking Origins. I like how organic the gameplay can be and Bayek is easily one of the best protagonists in the series, maybe even the best. I've heard Odyssey is better but I might take a break before playing that one.

Just noticed this. Some fans are divided on the direction that the franchise is going, but I actually loved Origins and Odyssey.

I must say that, while still good, I am less into Valhalla, but that is primarily because I am not quite as interested in that time period and a game with so much to do in that era feels more like a chore than the other two, for me. Egypt and Greece, however, are right up my alley. I mean I literally studied these periods at uni and have continued since leaving, so these two games (especially Odyssey) are pretty much catered for me. Loads of detail and loads of references to historical events, people, mythology, classics, etc, to pick up on. The games are all massive, which puts some people off, but if you are fascinated by the periods and take your time then a lot doesn't need to be a bad thing.

I do recommend taking a break before Odyssey though as it is a huge commitment.

Last edited:
Finishing my island again in Animal Crossing: New Horizons before the next major (and apparently last) update drops. I haven't dropped as many hours into this game as some people have but I've been really enjoying popping it on in my spare time when I get a half hour or so to chill. Also booted up the second Ar Tonelico game again, but not sure how long I'll keep at it. Really enjoyed the first two games despite the pervy silly aspects of it.

Back