[V2] Last album you bought/downloaded?

Methinks it was the Lion King Deluxe Collection, with The Lion King Collection and Best of the Lion King. I've listened to the CDs and there are some fantastic African sounds coming through in the extra content! It's quite pleasing; I love cultural music! :D The CDs also include the standard tracks from movies 1 and 2, like The Circle of Life, Hakuna Matata, He Lives in You and Love Will Find A Way. Disney's music doesn't get better than this!

I bought two albums at once in HMV: Homesick by A Day To Remember, & Hope by The Blackout. :) Haven't listened to Hope yet, but liking Homesick.

Nightwish's Imaginaerum

Nightwish are a fallen band. Getting rid of Tarja for a weak, watery vocalist was the worst thing they have ever done, and I'm quite upset by it, because they were one of my favourite bands when I was younger. I despised Dark Passion Play, but I figured I'd give this a chance...

...what do you know, a couple of the songs on here aren't that bad. Despite Anette Olzon being a terrible replacement, she does a fantastic job with a couple of them, and they still have that classic Nightwish feel. Overall it's a poor album, but there are a couple of gemstones in here.

I just ordered Nickelback's new ablum '[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Here And Now' and Daughtry's new album [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]'Break The Spell (Deluxe Version)' from amazon. Mega pleased these artists have released something new! :D My parents are gonna give me these for Christmas! :)
[/SIZE][/FONT]

I got Disturbed: The Lost Children for Christmas this year. It's a pretty decent album, considering that I haven't heard anything new from them in a little while.

Last album I downloaded was Dystopia by Iced Earth Their first album with new lead vocalist Stu Block. For the most part, it's a solid album but the problem I'm having with Stu is that he is trying to sound too much like Matt Barlow. On some songs he shines like no other, but on other songs, he's a Matt Barlow V.2.

All-in-All, it's a very solid album. Definitely better than Iced Earth's last couple albums, that's for sure; but no way is it their best. Still, a very solid record.

The Black Keys - El Camino

A little more poppy than The Keys have ever been, I do miss them being more blues and rugged - but this album is still sweet. "Run Right Back" is my favorite.

Last album I bought was probably In Waves by Trivium. The last one I downloaded was.......err.......oh! The Discovery by Born Of Osiris \m/ My love of metal is flourishing right about now :)

It was the Suburbs by Arcade Fire.
Probably the second best from last year, The National had the best one obviously. I think I got the deluxe version or whatever it's called, it has two extra songs, one of which is very good, the other isn't quite as good, but is still quite nice. It's lighter in tone that their previous two albums I think.

The Dreamer/The Believer by Common.

common_the_dreamer_the_believer.jpg

Last album I downloaded was Dystopia by Iced Earth Their first album with new lead vocalist Stu Block. For the most part, it's a solid album but the problem I'm having with Stu is that he is trying to sound too much like Matt Barlow. On some songs he shines like no other, but on other songs, he's a Matt Barlow V.2.

All-in-All, it's a very solid album. Definitely better than Iced Earth's last couple albums, that's for sure; but no way is it their best. Still, a very solid record.
I have no problem with Stu sounding too much like Barlow at times. Can really tell Matt was a major influence on him, and the band needs someone who can pull that material off well aswell as his own and Tim Owens. My only problem with the album is theres too much 'filler', or at least seemingly under-developed songs. Tracks like Dystopia, Anguish of Youth and Dark City are some of the best the band have ever done where as others like Days of Rage, Soylent Green and Iron Will seem far too underwheming. I do agree that it's their best work for a long time, at least since Horror Show for me.

If you haven't seen them live with Stu yet, I very much recommend it. His performance on the album is impressive but live he is just something else! Very commanding and nailed everything! Quite possibly the best gig I attended last year. :)

As for what I've last bought, that would be the new Orange Goblin release - 'A Eulogy for the Damned'. Some outstanding classic Stoner Rock and Metal. Right now there isn't a single track I can say is a weak point, each one is killer in its own way. I'm genuinly thinking this could possibly be their best album to date.

What I last downloaded was American Capitalist by Five Finger Death Punch. Been a good fan of the band for a few years. I didn't know they came out with a new album last year until I heard the single "Under and Over It" on the Radio a few weeks ago. Came home last night and decided to get it. Good album. Met Ghost at a Motograter concert a few months back.

last album i downloaded. lemme look here *looks* wayne static's solo album pig hammer.

he considers his style of music to be "evil disco" a more techno inudustrial feel to his metal music. kinda like how static x's first two albums where till they kinda got striped down and became more punk/thashy with less techno elements involved. pig hammer's lyrics are mostly about him sobering up and staying sober.

Demi Lovato - Unbroken

When I first heard Demi's new sound, I wasn't too keen. :hmmm: However, it took months for the album to be released within the UK, by which point I had a job and was kinda eager to give some new music a go. It's a little more R&B than the music I regularly listen to and some of the songs (e.g. You're My Shorty) aren't quite my cup of tea, but half of them are simultaneously catchy and beautiful. :) There's quite a variety on there... and Chris tells me some of it sounds like Pink, some like Rhianna, some like Katy Perry. Demi has an amazing voice. ^_^

The Sea by Melanie C.

Just downloaded this album off iTunes. €8,99 for a 12 tracked album really isn't that bad. First digital 'full' album I bought. I've been a big fan of hers ever since she started out in the Spice Girls. Loved her solo stuff way better. Was kinda surprised I found out about this 5th album later than usual. Usually on it right as it comes out. Wasn't quite sure if I wanted to buy the digital copy, since I owe all the actual cased copies of her CD's. However, I'm sure if I stumble across the copy, I'll buy it in stores as well. Love this artist. ♥

Haven't listened to the full album yet, but I have a favourite track already. "Burn." Absolutely GORGEOUS song.

i just got taproots newest album episodes. it comes out tomorrow, but because i have a radio show online, i used that as some leverage to get things early. my show is tomorrow and with how i work my full time job and when my show starts. leaves me little time to get the cd the day it comes out and listen to it first..

I just downloaded Bloody Kisses by Type O-Negative. Old Album, 1993 I believe. I've listened to some of their newer stuff...Dead Again(2007) and Life is Killing Me(2003) mainly, and decided it was time to go retro. I do enjoy it quite a bit. He still has that 90's male rock power voice.

great type-o album.. but october rust was my favorite.

i just got thelatest from halestorm - the strange case of... its a pretty good album. it seems though she is getting more "attitude" in her music.. kinda like joan jett in a way.. i can hear the influence.. yet she stays true to the halestorm sound. i can see this album getting decent radio play.

I do have October Rust on my computer. Good album from 96...one of my favorites.
I'm in the process of downloading The Quantum Hack Code by Amogh Symphony. Very, very good music. No lyrics, but there is a prologue to every song that ends up telling a fairly interesting story. A friend of mine got me into it. They're actually touring with BT Bam and Animals as Leaders and are coming near me soon. Excited!

i just got of monsters and men - my head is an animal. a band from iceland.. yes i have breached the borders there to get this band.. in a way..lol think i now have a band from every country in europe now..lol if you like mumford & sons.. you will dig these peeps.

Back