Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

Shaissa

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Mog's Tent
Tidus and Yuna are they a perfect couple?
Are they a good couple?
Or do you feel they shouldn't be a couple?

Rank it 1-10

1 being they shouldn't be a couple
10 being they are the perfect couple.

I would rank them a 3 at best, I feel like Square dropped the ball a little, with the whole "love at first sight."

It just was boring, no arguing at all, they never disagreed about anything, almost.

And when they did disagree the other one didn't really put up a valid argument in the game.

I gave them a 4.

I do really like both characters, but to me they are a dreadful match. I don't think a real world pairing like that would work, because Tidus is very immature, whereas Yuna is beyond her years.

We see it throughout FFX, Tidus is not the emotionally stable figure that Yuna needs, still I find their interactions together to be fun and interesting, so it's not a write off, I just couldn't see them living "happily ever after". As the TS said, we never really see them argue, and if they did I don't understand how a guy like Tidus would be able to resolve conflict like that, he has the emotional maturity of a 6 year old, not a knock on him, he's just not developed enough.

I'll get crucified for this, but a character more like Snow from 13 would be better for Yuna, he's still a bit of a comic, but i feel he is more mature and emotionally stable and would be the "rock" that yuna would need.

3. I remember the game quite well, but I still can't figure out how they even became a couple in the first place. I never noticed their romantic relationship developing. Except the scene where they laugh (I cringe at the memory of it), there weren't many inclinations of it. Yuna and Kihmari might even make a better pair than her and Tidus. Or actually, had Seymour not become the villain, I think they might've been good together.

And you're right...they never did argue did they? 8(

I actually feel as though they are a great couple, and I think their progression into love is realistic. It's gradual and subtle, and when the big moment hits it is meant to be surprising -- but the buildup is there if you pay very close attention. They have an excellent progression in my opinion, and I really enjoyed their awkwardness. It was another aspect that I thought was realistic about them... they are just teenagers after all.

I don't think they're "perfect", but that's what I love about them together actually.

I voted 10. Because they're my second favorite couple in the series (or a close tie). :3

They are opposites, but I do believe that they are a perfect case of opposites attracting. His symbol is the sun, while hers is the moon. They are opposites but they kind of work together to light up each other's lives. Tidus, being the sun, brought light to Yuna's dark world. He saved her in a lot of different ways. And for him, she was able to bring some maturity to his life. More than likely he was playboy while in Zanarkand. A very happy go lucky, rich, douchebag jock. By the end of the game he changes so much into this mature, self-sacrificing, loving man. It's amazing what they did for one another.

When I think of Tidus/Yuna I think of Yin and Yang. Yes, they are so much different from each other but they kind of come together to fit perfectly. Yuna is night, while Tidus is day. Yuna is darkness, while Tidus is light. Yuna is mature, while Tidus is immature. But the funny thing is? They actually kind of switch roles. At the end of X Tidus becomes the self-sacrificing one with the dark fate. In X-2 Yuna becomes the happy go lucky one who is against people sacrificing each other. She takes on a Tidus like personality when Tidus took on a Yuna like one.

I wish we could have some sort of glimpse into Tidus and Yuna's life after X-2. It would be interesting to witness their first fights, how they act now, or how long they last since a lot of people don't believe they make a great couple.

Personally, I do think they make a great couple. In fact, I believe they're one of the best couples in FF history....if I may be so bold to say so :P

I would say around a 5, they were neither bad or good for each other. It was that sort of middle mediocrity in which was mainly seen from Tidus. We all knew they would basically get together or fall in love with one another. Yuna was a very serious person whereas Tidus would take life a little more lightly and for they each complimented their own personalities.

However I just didn't think they were an average couple, nothing special in my book.

I'll give them about a 4 There's no such thing as a prefect couple so a relationship would have to be pretty damn good and solid to get a 9. Tidus and Yuna are pretty shy and it really seems like a first love or that they're new to love sort of feel. It really does feel like it's their first relationship ever in life and it shows.

I do believe that if Seymour didn't go bonkers he would of been a better fit towards Yuna. I also believe that Yuna had a huge crush on Seymour before finding out the truth about what he did towards his dad; hence her being so confused, upset and running out when Tidus tries to spy on her during the Thunder Plains when she's acting odd. Seymour would of been a stronger, more mature and intellgient type to guide and lead Yuna. Something that Tidus fails at. Seymour would be as he says in a really cheesy manner 'her pillar of strength '. It's a shame he ruins it all, because he could of been a great husband and lover towards Yuna, great world leader and a good guardian. Oh Seymour. He really did F**k up.

However since Seymour goes nutty Yuna goes towards Tidus instead. I'm not sure that they could last however; there is a chance that they could grow up apart. I'm not actually sure that Tidus could handle the 'new Yuna ' actually after FF X-2 because he fall for a sweet and gentle girl not a cheerful woman version of himself, so sometime after X-2 I do believe that after some fireworks and exictement after seeing each other again for so long, that it might go and end. And Yuna would just travel with the girlfriends until other man comes along.

I feel that they could last but it seems like a slight chance to me. I don't think Tidus would get along with X-2 Yuna that much; as said before Tidus fall for a completely different Yuna. I feel like Tidus x Yuna sort of give me that Zack x Aerith feeling and emotion. Two sweet innocent couples that are new to love and are bit awkard, shy and new to the whole experience.

If Tidus didn't fade and Yuna stayed more the same to her FF X role I might of given them a higher score to about a 6/ 10

I wouldnt say they are a perfect couple but nevertheless I gave them a solid 8/10. Why? Well first of all I think the way their love evolves throughout the story is really subtle and kind of cool. Yuna likes his easy going extroverted personality and regarding the Seymour/Yuna possibility I never got the idea that she wanted to be romantically involved with him, from what I perceived Yuna respected Seymour a lot and she wanted a kind of mentor relationship at best. The chemistry between Yuna and Tidus is shown pretty well during the cutscenes throughout the game as far as Im concerned and I guess I sympathize with them because they are teenagers just like me.

I LOVE TIDUS AND YUNA :mokken:
They are so adorable and perfect and cute together :ari: They were just so smitten with eachother :inlove: They never argued because they are soulmates and soulmates agree on everything. I just love 'em. One of the best couples in the series. Perfect 10 ♥

Tidus and Yuna are quite possibly my favourite ff couple so I'm gonna have to give them a 10. ;) In ff10 itself their relationship develops slowly and realistically as they support one another through a series of challenges: Tidus finds he can confide in Yuna about his father and home without being treated as a guy with amnesia; Tidus is there to support Yuna after the destruction of kilika, which forces Yuna to perform her first sending - that can't have been easy; Tidus encourages Yuna to stay positive and she uses the strength he gives her to cheer him up. Tidus chases and supports Yuna throughout the whole ordeal with Seymour too, keeping his own feelings hidden until she has made her own decision to leave him! although he does crash her wedding!! :lew:

I said 7. I love the pairing and I do think they work well together, I think they balance each other in a lot of ways. Tidus can be quite immature but I thought when he was around Yuna he tended to be a little more level headed. Both have similar pasts but completely different upbringings, in that way they can both understand aspects of each others lives and you can still see the differences in their natures. Yuna has lead much more of a sheltered life even with the threat of Sin, compared to Tidus who from a very young age knew all about the darker side to humans instead of monsters like Yuna. Hence why he was more suspicious of the authorities in Spira while everyone else didn't question a thing. Tidus can be immature but I think Yuna is the more naive between the two.

I didn't give them higher marks though because like has been mentioned, I also didn't like how quiet they were with each other, if they disagreed with each other instead of sticking up for their own opinions and sorting things out they just did nothing. I can see why, because the circumstances surrounding their romance are pretty bleak and nobody really wants to argue in those kinds of situations especially not when you're going to die or the person you love is going to die - you don't want to argue when there's not much time left to share with each other.

I would have rather given it a 3/5 I think 10 makes it so much harder to choose which number to go for :P

Still, there are better romances, but I love the couples :)

Tidus and Yuna are quite possibly my favourite ff couple so I'm gonna have to give them a 10. ;) In ff10 itself their relationship develops slowly and realistically as they support one another through a series of challenges: Tidus finds he can confide in Yuna about his father and home without being treated as a guy with amnesia; Tidus is there to support Yuna after the destruction of Kilika, which forces Yuna to perform her first sending - that can't have been easy; Tidus encourages Yuna to stay positive and she uses the strength he gives her to cheer him up. Tidus chases and supports Yuna throughout the whole ordeal with Seymour too, keeping his own feelings hidden until she has made her own decision to leave him! although he does crash her wedding!! :lew:

Oh wow, this actually posted from my 3DS via that silly internet connection. :lew: I wasn't able to view the page after attempting to post it (before being logged out) and thus couldn't edit it either. :sad3: I wasn't remotely finished. :P

Afterwards, he offers to be what she needs.
'I'm still your guardian!! Unless I'm...fired?'
'Stay with me until the end. Please.'
'Not until the end. Always.'

And he does. He stays with Yuna until the end of his life, at which point they both know he must leave. He doesn't burden her with the truth when he finds out he's a dream. On the one hand, one could call this deceptive, but it's incredibly brave and selfless; he faces the reality of his non-existence alone! And I believe he does that for Yuna.

Then we move on to X-2. Two years after the events on FFX, Yuna is still in love with Tidus. Although she has moved on in a way, she lives life to the fullest in Tidus' memory. She rarely dwells on her loss because of the lessons Tidus taught her. When Rikku finds the Sphere - when Rikku presents a faint glimmer of hope - she begins her search immediately. It's incredible to think that Yuna remained faithful to Tidus' memory for 2 years. She had no idea he could return, and I'm willing to bet a lot of men attempted to impress her! :lew:

and I'm willing to bet a lot of men attempted to impress her! :lew:

In the Eternal Calm: Prequel to FFX-2 video it is mention that
The townspeople have been wanting to see her get married, and apparently she's been putting the idea off. I think I also remember her acting as though she's been bothered with many suitors trying to impress her. I think this came up when the Chairman of New Yevon's son came up in discussion. She turned down the offer at marriage since "he would only end up using her". So I think this shows a lot about Yuna's love for Tidus. After the events of X she became such a huge celebrity, and probably a savior like figure to the people. I would imagine men came to Besaid by the hundreds to get a chance at meeting her and trying to win her over.

I believe they were a great couple. It helps that the story is somewhat evolved around their relationship. I really like the idea that Tidus is a named derived from "tide," and Yuna is derived from "moon." Because you know what happens, the gravity of the moon causes attraction, causing a tide to exist.

Anyway, the poster above me pretty much covered what I had to say. They weren't Mary and Gary Sue getting together along their marry way. It's their flaws that brings them together. For example, Tidus' recklessness brought him to meeting Yuna. And likewise, Yuna's subtle way of recklessness forced Tidus to show his feelings for Yuna.

By the way, someone said that they didn't argue. I guess they didn't totally argue, but Tidus challenged a lot of her ideas and beliefs. I believe that since Yuna's pretty docile, an argument couldn't happen even if she wanted it to. That was her flaw mainly, but I don't think it contributes to their relationship.

I didn't vote because I find the idea of giving a loving relationship a rating from 1 to 10 a bit ridiculous and degrading. People fall in love, they can be completely different but what matters is if they truly love each other, enjoy each others company and are faithful, the rest is irrelevant. They aren't real, they're a fictional depiction of love, so I can't really say, but they seem to be pretty perfect for each other in that way.

TUNA FTW!! :tori:

They are a perfect 10 in my honest opinion... and I usually hate teenage love. But Tidus and Yuna were really really sweet. I loved seeing their love develop. They're almost just as beautiful as Cloud and Aerith. :ari: And along with SquallxRinoa/CloudxAerith, I think they're one of the best written and well shown romances in the entire series. I think their love managed to capture the sweet, bubbly side of love but also still have a really really powerful story behind them. I just loved the way Tidus influenced Yuna to be a little more strong about what she wanted. After meeting him, she no longer was the shy, silent girl that let people tell her what to do. Plus, IDK, I know most people think they're too "perfect" but, who says a relationship can't be like that? :ari: & I like this about them.

Also, their kiss scene is one of the greatest first kiss scenes in romance history, for me (including books, movies, etc). :ari:

I would love to be a troll give them a one because I really dislike them but just because I think their personalities are terrible doesn't give me the right to say they are terrible together, because in all seriousness they are perfect together...as the worst ff couple in history ^_^ ha

Meh. I wouldn't go so far as to call them a PERFECT couple, mostly because their relationship always managed to make me feel rather angry and jealous, especially at that scene where they kiss in the Macalania Lake. >_< Although I did find the nighttime scene where Yuna defends Tidus from being picked on by the members of his opposing Blitzball team on the S. S. Winno to be quite heartwarming, so I'll leave it at that. ☺👐

Last edited:
I'm glad you've been here reviving topics on FFX @ Interlude65 because I'm beginning to realize that I don't really know this game (or maybe remember it?) as much as I thought I did!

I feel like Tidus & Yuna's relationship didn't have enough screen time to believably blossom. I didn't get any real romantic vibes aside from their obvious moment in the Macalania Lake where Yuna was very vulnerable at the time. I think it was believable for a moment because they were on this same journey and all that... but I can't imagine their relationship after these games, you know? I just can't visually see it in my mind I guess. Perhaps it's because, to me, they seem like very polar opposites in terms of personalities and the like. Tidus had a lot of character growth but I'm not sure if he was at a good place by the end of the game to be in an actual serious relationship.. but maybe I'm wrong!

I'll be interested in revisiting this topic after I've finished FFX - Right now I'm in the middle of FFVII and working my way up so hopefully sometime soon!

Perhaps it's because, to me, they seem like very polar opposites in terms of personalities and the like.
You know how with a pair of batteries, when you put both their positive or negative sides together they repel, and when you put one's negative side against the other's positive side, they attract and stick? Well, I think it's the same thing with two people in a relationship as far as personalities are concerned, although I can't really say for sure since I haven't been in that kind of relationship myself, yet. 😶

Oh, and I've actually considered maybe writing a fanfic involving a characterized version of me trying (and failing) to win Yuna over, and Tidus being greatly annoyed by that, with me and him maybe at one point arm-wrestling each other to see who's gonna get her, lol. 😅 But I dunno, that'll probably never happen...it might turn out to be really corny, juvenile and stupid, idk. 😑

Last edited:
Back