Anime Things you hate in Anime

Morrigan

Veteran
Gil
There must be something you hate in most animes,that it's so common nowdays you have gotten tired of it.
For example,in harem animes,all the girls are chasing the main character just like that when he can be such a perv etc.,but the girls act like it's a competition and whoever wins him is also the winner,not to mention the fact that 90% of the times is the one he likes from the beginning or the first one to meet.

Post more examples.

Hm..

And how they always particularly did fan service by making (In Ecchi animes, that is) the girl, somehow or rather, reveal her skirt, etc. Always feels as if its on purpose...

But anyways, I doubt no one actually minds this one that much. Was just suggesting it.. (Cos' i cannot think of anything else other than the first one and the one i just suggested.)

Yet another great thread by Oremuse ^_^

What I hate is the fact that they don't draw nipples on men's chests. It doesn't make sence. Why would they do that? Even though men don't really need them but still.
Another thing is that they make females incredibly thin. But I guess that's the Japanese style of drawing.

Lol. I didn't pay attention to those details though. But now that you mentioned skinny, i thought most of the male protagonist tends to be skinny. Most of them are not muscular or whatsoever, usually.

Lol. I didn't pay attention to those details though. But now that you mentioned skinny, i thought most of the male protagonist tends to be skinny. Most of them are not muscular or whatsoever, usually.
That mostly happens in Shoujo anime/manga.
In Shounen anime/manga they usually are muscular and strong,take for example Bleach.

Or Dragon Ball. That anime has decent and realistic bodies. The people are not anorexic or anything. Men are thin, muscular and have nipples.
Best anime in my opinion.

Lol,I think they're way too muscular in Dragonball,it feels that in any minute now they're gonna blow up ,hehe.

They do blow up. They turn into Super Sayians, there are different levels... Super Sayian 4 is half monkey, lol.

I can't stand it when energy balls and big flashes of light (a la Dragonball Z) are over used to the point where fight scenes become a 'who can make the largest energy beam' contest.

I agree with most of the stuff mentioned above, but what really irks me the most is when a guy character sees boobs or whatever and all of a sudden you see all these blood gushing out of his nose and his eyes get all crazy. It's so dumb. I see it in a lot of anime and I just think it's overkill.

Laro said:
What I hate is the fact that they don't draw nipples on men's chests. It doesn't make sence. Why would they do that? Even though men don't really need them but still.

THIS. THIS. THIS. :gasp:

Ther is actually a whole thread about that in the general FF section. My god, I hate it so much. It's not just for guys either, they do it for girls as well. Ever seen Evangelion or Sailor Moon?

I usually don't like the overly big eyes ( like this ), I find it to be done very badly most of the time. But when it's done right, it can look quite pretty.

I don't really like how most of the time, the characters look/act older than they actually are... -__- Then again, all older characters (in other words, every character over the age of 25) look much older than the teenaged or characters in their early twenties. Once again, not always.

You forgot to mention the penisless phenomeno we see in most anime/manga.Except if they have it so small you can't really tell.It really irritates me when they draw a guy that way.

I don't mind the penislessness, because you could really explain that away as censorship. Plus, I find it funny when they replace penises with glowing white lights XD

The nipple thing is supposedly "cencorship" as well, but it's weird and inconsistent. Sometimes people draw them in, sometimes they don't.

I hate how a lot of Shonen keeps upping the characters and villians abilities. It hits a point where it gets really f**king ridiculous. If you don't know what I mean see Bleach and Claymore. Exactly how many "True powers" can one bloody character have???

Know what, I just don't like Shonen in general

The fact that the girls breasts are always the size of FRICKIN' watermelons.:dry:
How immature. I mean really?!
And I don't like the "stupid girl" image either.:blink:

Ohh, and the very feminine males.:sick: with the really big in-your-face- googly eyes, and the thin bony bodies, that seem to be very girl like.
But that sucks, because that's what Japan likes.

I was tired of Yu-gi-oh type anime, which is why I went over to Bleach type anime :3

I hate before a big fight the dramatic wait. I can't stand watching two characters stare at each other for 2 minutes before they finally start fighting.

I don't why but I seem to hate it when they repeat the same gag over and over ahgain or when they are too many manga chapters fro me to keep track of the story. Also, invincible boring protagonists and emo antagonists in shonen just plain irritate me.

Or the fact that most main characters in Shounen manga eat a lot but they don't get fat,it's just so stupid and common.I mean in some is very funny but you get bored of it after sometime(except for Luffy,lol)

One thing that did start to annoy me, was watching blokes just randomly take a piss on a tree. Your just sat there watching, next thing you know, you see the floor getting wet and some dude pulling his trousers up making the "ahhh" noise.

Back