Anime Things you hate in Anime

Well I like everything that Anime is it is just so cool. I love the beautiful girls in anime but if there was one thing I hated it would probably be when they get objects out of nowhere. Basically Anime means alot to me.

What I really hate in anime is the english dubs. It makes the characters sound so unnatural. And in really bad cases (in both languages), it annoys me how the mouth obviously doesn't move in sync with the words said, so you have someone talking, their mouth stops moving but the words keep coming out.

LOL @ the pee thing.

Actually, now that you mention it... I actually really dislike anime that goas beyond 50 or so episodes. The only exceptions I can think of are Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, Digimon and Pokemon when I still watched it. Other than that, if I ever do watch anime (not very often), it tends to be shorter series. If find when a series gets long, it tends to get real typical real fast. For that reason, I really don't like alot of the megapopular ones these days, like Bleach, Naruto or Inu-Yasha.

I agree that thin boys do tend to geta nnoying, but I think I've just gotten used to them :monster: I just don't like when they have really womanly voices (case in point - Yuki Sohma from Fruits Basket).

Dubs are a hit or miss with me - sometimes they're even better than the original (Cowboy Bebop), sometimes they're downright horrible (Cardcaptor Sakura).

Long manga is a different issue. I'm totally fine with long manga series :monster:

In general about anime in America, I find it really annoying when a great anime is airing in Japan and you have to wait a whole week for a subbed version of a 24 minute episode. T-T Completed animes are the best.

It also irritates me when a character occasionally busts out some random word in English. But the accent is so funny you can't help but laughing at it -_-

yea . . . seeing an anime with more than 60 episodes maximum (if I'm not keeping up with it from the beginning) really makes me hate it, for example I wanted to see what is this D.Gray Man but when I saw it has around 120 episodes, I said "Screw that".

There's also the ending of the anime, most of the anime I watched the hero dies at the end or his love or something close to him dies, I sometimes get a bit irritated (Warnning: Don't view it unless you want to spoil an anime for yourself XP)
Just like in "Tengen Tuppa Gurren Laggan" and "Death Note"

What I detest in shojo is how one guy has to be with one girl and he cannot love them all, just one.

Just about everything anime sucks. They all originate from foreign countries which makes the whole experience more difficult to bear. I just don't like em' sorry anime lovers....

I always watch anime in Japanese because most dubs are not good.

I don't like anime with predictable twists, like you know what's going to happen next. I like them long, LOST is a great TV show. LOST has long twists which makes you wanna solve them. Fans come up with good theories which don't even come close with what actually happens.

The smoke monster is a good example of a developing twist. I thought it was a supernatural being but now I know from season four, Ben controls it.

I hate anime with lead characters who are TOO good, show offs. The ones that keep on winning every battle they have. Ichigo I think has been badly pwned twice (Aizen and Grimmjow first time), sometimes they make it look like Ichigo is losing but then suddenly he defeats them at the very end (Amagai and Kariya). (Mostly happens in fillers)

I hate when they make characters think they are soo cool and well good at something. Oh, Sasuke is a good example of this. He has LOADS of fans. I used to watch D.Gray-Man, I think his name was...... Kanda. God... he was "the best Exorcist" there even was.

Hmmm, let's see here:

-Too many AMV's on youtube (Enough already! 1 was too much!)

-Lame-ass AMV's, Naruto or otherwise (Wow, how original!)

-Lame-ass AMV's set to Linkin Park, Green Day, Incubus, or any other modern-day hard-rock teeny-bopper garbage.

An inundation of lame-ass Anime AMV's ruined Linkin Park, Incubus, and System of a Down for me. Seriously, it's like some of these assholes think that they're actually being original using the same lame-ass music to create the same lame-ass theme on naruto's lonliness as a jinchuuriki, or any other done to death themes. It's always the same lame content (it's usually when i'm trying to watch an episode with a good fight scene, but am decieved into clicking the f-ing AMV) with the same lame music.

As a matter of fact, AMV's have pretty much ruined "rock" music for me. The only Rock that I can enjoy now is Jimmy Hendrix and the Rockabilly genre.

-A lack of brown-skinned characters

-A lack of positively portrayed brown-skinned characters (Bob Makihara doesn't count)

-A lack of brown-skinned main characters

-A lack of positively portrayed brown-skinned main characters (Afro Samurai doesn't count)

-The weird time/space distortion in which things (usually one of the main characters) move near the f-ing speed of sound yet, the hero is able ti articulate long thoughts or flash-backs before saving his skin at the dead last millionth of a second

-A lack of spotlight on non-asian martial arts (Capoeira is more than just one style, as there exists angola, regional, and contemporanea of it as well)

-Cheezy, obtrusive, and otherwise unnecessary J-pop/J-rock that doesn't fit the scene at all

-The fact that the main character usually is able to eke out an ultra-destructive inner power on the verge of death despite recieving wounds that should've been otherwise fatal. Sometimes, the main character has to lose a fight in an inglorious manner.

-The fact that the main character (usually a damned kid) that should've been smashed like fine china manages to destroy a man with a hundred pounds and thirty extra years fighting experience in a single desperate blow.

-Cute fluffy animals living in places where they should've been skinned and turned into jerky (Think tsubasa)

-Excessive anime nut-huggers and assorted examples of nut-huggery. Some just give the rest of us bad names.

Well, I hate, no thats not a good enough word, I Despise when Anime explains too much like 10 minutes of talking, just shut the hell up and fight! Damn they chat like E! Hosts sometimes :funnyface:

I do hate it when anime tend to be too predictable. I mean if you're a frequent anime watcher you'd realise some plotlines are pretty familiar and some jokes are even almost identical. Lesser so the dialouges involved. The worst is when they copy the concept wholesale as a new anime. That really is bad.

I hate it when an anime spends the first 5 minutes of an episode recapping everything that's ever happened, I tend to watch animes straight through (yay for netflix) so this gets insanely annoying. I'm not even capable of watchign a show out of order since I hate spoilers so much.

I hate animes that just go nowhere especially when you don't know that they won't. A friend got me into Inuyasha and I really liked it..and then about four seasons in I was like 'wait a second...wtf?' because litterally..no progress had been made.

When young girls have really really developed bodies. For instance in 'Loveless' (I only watched one disc...cause I wasn't really prepared for what it was..and the whole adult guy kissing a twelve year old boy and saying 'i love you' every two minutes and the kid going along with it was just too much...) where there was this twelve year old girl who must have been like..a D cup and who wore low cut shirts that left her stomach bare and everything. Her face still looked young though so it was just weird.

The thing that annoys me the most though is when the characters just spend the whole show running around and acting crazy with NO basis in reality at all ALL THE TIME. For instance...Love Hina. I couldn't stand that show, I actually made myself get trhough about 4 discs before I gave up but the characters didn't make any sense to me and I thought they were just stupid. It's okay when a show has sections that are just crazy (cause well..that's anime) and don't really have motivation..but I need an anime that has a good underlying story and believable actions (Fullmetal Alchemist for example....Fruits Basket too..which is a good example of having some characters who are just crazy but still has a deep storyline..towards the end anyway and even then it gets nowhere as deep as the manga)

What I hate in anime can be that today almost every shounen anime/manga has big-breasted women,and I'm not talking about ecchi or harem,I'm talking about action shounen anime.I mean come one can't you do better than that to sell?

I hate how in anime based on games that there are invincible protagonists and evil orgainzations using a children's game to takeover the world.

Lest I would be accused of necro- or doubleposting, I would like to add one thing that recently annoys me in anime about on how the "heroes" in action anime always seem to get their way regardless of how the other charactes feel and how the 'good guys' of shows like gundam 00 or Code Geass seem to get away with a lot yet they never get punished for it. I don't like how all problems can be solved with fists or beam spams while the main characters of said show are 'perfect' in that they never do anything wrong. I really I am annoyed at this and some characters need to taken down a peg as they are way too powerful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally don't like it how they make all girls unhumanly pretty, however if they didn't it wouldn't attract certian guys and fans. I don't like how they have the 20-30 year old sound like a person who hasn't come of age ( i do enjoy the realism in certian anime where they have "real voices to fit the age"). I don't like it how in animes where they have to have "the cool" guy who doesn't talk to another person when talked to (most people aren't that disrespectful in Japan, in fact they're very friendly).

I hate, hate, hate, HATE panty shots. I would like to watch an anime without having to get a face-full of undies! I also HATE bouncing boobs. It's gross. Just plain nasty.

I hate, hate, hate, HATE panty shots. I would like to watch an anime without having to get a face-full of undies! I also HATE bouncing boobs. It's gross. Just plain nasty.

Yeah got to agree with this.

But also dislike how anti-social, grumpy cold hearted characters and are a total ass to everybody is popular because they are good looking and ''hot'' ( Example Yuu Kanda Dgrayman ) it's like... whatever...

Yeah got to agree with this.

But also dislike how anti-social, grumpy cold hearted characters and are a total ass to everybody is popular because they are good looking and ''hot'' ( Example Yuu Kanda Dgrayman ) it's like... whatever...

Yuu is such a bitch! He's mean! But everyone is all like-- "oooooh! Kaaaaaaaaanda!" BLEEEEEEEEEEEEGH!

Or the fact that most main characters in Shounen manga eat a lot but they don't get fat,it's just so stupid and common.I mean in some is very funny but you get bored of it after sometime(except for Luffy,lol)
Orihime too! XD

Well, it's not the anime itself but what translators do. Too much censoring. Sanji is constantly sucking on a lollipop? wtf? I don't like being on my computer for an ungodly amount of time watching anime I like to watch the dubs. But unfortunately this leads to getting mad at the translators and what they do to the anime.

Something else is the fillers... Get on with the story! I don't care if the manga needs to get ahead! End the season then!

Also how others view us anime watchers. It gets tiring after much insultation.

Back