Nintendo The Official Xenoblade Thread

8(

Forget FFXIII-2 or any offering from Square Enix. This is looking absolutely amazing and I cannot think of a single reason why I shouldn't get this on Day 1. I love how Monolith needs not fancy CGI cinematics to entice the gamer, but instead does the enticing by showing just how expansive the world is and the extent of exploration that the player can embark upon. Honestly, after seeing that, I've nothing else to say, other than the fact that the character models and designs don't look too stellar, but with such an amazing looking world to run around in, I don't care. :rage:

The fact that your carelessness can get you falling to your doom will be a hilarious yet interesting element though thaat you don't often get in JRPGs, so this is very welcoming, though I can see myself falling to my doom on a regular basis. If The Last Story is to come out, coupled with the new Zelda, this will be a fantastic upcoming release schedule for the Wii - the console that a while ago I wrote off as having no good games to play on. Bring it on Monolith, and I might just forgive you for NOT having released the rest of the Xenosaga games to Europe. :rage:

This is absolutely gorgeous and if North America is not getting it, I will cry quite a lot. The world is huge and so beautiful. I am loving every bit of that exploration video. It is so beautiful. Also lol at the falling to your death. I fall in other games so I might fall a lot in this one xD. This has the Xenosaga feel to it. Xenoblade Chronicles for Europe in September... just please announce an NA date... or I will cry with great tears.. I always wanted this and the Last Story. There is still hope!

You may want to start crying just in case then, Adri.

Nintendo of Europe wanted to show it at E3, but Nintendo of America didn't want to show products they won't sell.

Europe will be getting a special Classic Controller alongside the release of Xenoblade Chronicles, and North America will likely not get the game at all, according to Mathieu Minel, marketing manager of Nintendo France, who appeared on Nolife, a French television station for "geeks, nerds, and otakus."

He told the station that Nintendo of Europe wanted to show Xenoblade Chronicles at E3 2011, but Nintendo of America wouldn't let them because they didn't want to show products they aren't planning to sell.

If you take that comment at face value, that means the Nintendo of America is not planning to bring Xenoblade Chronicles to North America. It's not a full death knell for Xenoblade Chronicles in the region, but it's certainly not looking good.

Source: Nintendo World Report

"It's not the full death knell" - well, one can only hope it isn't, considering the article's title seems pretty much to the point "Xenoblade Chronicles Not Coming to North America". Still, NoA hasn't actually officially said anything about this yet, though this does raise the interesting point of why the game (or The Last Story or Pandora's Tower for that matter) never showed up in E3.

Now I don't fully know what the North American market is like in relation to the European one, though I've read that RPGs generally do a little better in Europe than in the States. There's also the whole "core" market of the Wii or rather, what's left of it. I can definitely see someone like Reggie arguing the case that Xenoblade is a niche game and won't sell in North America, preferring instead to focus on the first party games such as Zelda and ugh, whatever is next for Wii Sports probably. I don't like this logic, but it does make sense, though it's funny how they seem reluctant to let the Wii go out with a bang while banging on about how the Wii U will bring back the "cores". As for Nintendo of Europe, our gain could be their loss as well, if Xenoblade doesn't sell very well over here - which could be likely.

Well, that is an absolute bummer. If Xenoblade probably will not sell well in North America. WII needs better games.. and if they are going to just use the WII U as an excuse to make a come back to games... which is pretty stupid. WII does not have many good rpgs. Xenoblade would have been wonderful here. I see your point about RPGS doing better in Europe than North America in general, Livi. This is an extreme loss for the WII in NA though... or a huge loss for me in general... :sad3: I always loved the Xenosaga games.. and Europe only got the second one. I do not see Xenoblade selling terrible here at all. If anything, it will sell pretty well. I know the States is home to FPS and all that, but there are SOME RPG Lovers out there. So Xenoblade Chronicles will remain an exclusive in Europe. I am very sad... in fact this just ruined my morning completely. /Cries a river. :sad3: If NoA have not said anything about this yet..... than I do not know. :sad:

:ffs:

Seriously, what's up with NoA?
This is the second time they've dashed my hopes for a game. First it was Fatal Frame IV and now Xenoblade might be getting the same treatment too?

Olivia Wilde said:
I can definitely see someone like Reggie arguing the case that Xenoblade is a niche game and won't sell in North America.

I can see him saying something like that too. But I don't get it. How do they know if it won't sell well if they aren't even willing to take a chance on it? I know Xenoblade is a niche title, but I still don't think it would've sold poorly at all. D:

Guess i'm going to have get ready to import...again. :(

Last edited:
I dunno how trustworthy this is but Apparently Xenoblade will be released for EU on September 2nd :jess:

As indicated yesterday, the embargo ends today...

Release: September 2nd 2011
Available in: Europe, South Africa, Russia (apparently also New Zealand and Australia)

- Alternative cover (as voted by fans)
- Limited edition includes a red Classic Controller Pro
- Preorder and receive one of three posters which include an electronic autograph of Tetsuya Takahashi (may depend on your country, will not be available in all countries)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435478

I dunno how trustworthy this is but Apparently Xenoblade will be released for EU on September 2nd :jess:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435478

Looks trustworthy, after a brief google search, a lot of sites seem to have the same thing on.

Absolutely loving this game from what I've seen so far, this is just what the Wii needed. With this and Skyward Sword being released this year, things look good. I just hope that it doesn't become too much of a sand-box style game, that's the kind of thing I've generally associated with TES games, not JRPGs. But they do have a cast of playable characters, I just hope there is some sort of emphasis on them.

Also, for Americans, there is a campaign called Operation Rainfall which has been pressuring NoA through emails, phone calls and letters for localisation of Xenoblade among others. They've even had an official response from Nintendo. They also encouraged people to pre order the game 'Monado: Beginning of the World' which was Xenoblade's development name, and managed to get it to #1 on Amazon pre order chart for 48 hours, so that does give some incentive to Nintendo.

I am very impressed at how big Operation Rainfall has managed to become. Reggie and NoA were idiotic with the assumption that only because the JRPGs especially on the Wii may not sell very well that meant that they could be unhesitant in not releasing it for North America. With enough advertising - Square Enix did that almost flawlessly with Dragon Quest IX in the west, look how well that game has done despite the fact that the DQ games normally wouldn't do as well as you would expect in the west - why wouldn't it work? NoA is large enough to advertise the game thoroughly and with such heavy grassroots activity telling Reggie to go screw himself, they will be absolutely moronic not to take decisive action now. The game is already in the English language, it's just a case of changing its region to NTSC and ship it over to North America.

Meanwhile, I love the fact that they've got British accents, because they really aren't used often enough when it comes to localising games from Japan. They can perhaps go totally overboard with this and have more regional accents as well, from Geordie to Irish to Cockney. That will be a whole lot fresher than hearing the same American accents over and over again (sorry America, I love you really <3) and I quite enjoyed how Dragon Quest VIII did it. In terms of how sandbox the game may be, I think one decisive factor in limiting just where you can go is the strength of the monsters roaming around. I've seen how that giant spider killed the guy with one hit - with enough HP damage left over to halve the health of another character in the party, so I'll be expecting surprise fatal encounters like that when I stray too far.

Yes, yes. There is still hope with this. Whoever said the game would not sell here is an idiot. Project rainfall should convince Nintendo of America to bring the game here. Ultimately.. it will bring a better RPG here. I don't see why we would not have The Last Story either. Honestly this makes me feel a lot happier that there is still hope. I just want official confirmation now. Like: Yes, we are bringing it to North America etc. Once I see that, then I will jump for joy. Oh and about the British accents. I was watching videos yesterday and I agree though, that they are not used in many RPGS for the whole cast. It is nice to see British accents. xD

Xenoblade Chronicles to release in Wii bundle

If you’re considering picking up a Wii at long last purely for the sudden splurge of awesome JRPGs, have we got a treat for you.

20110629xenoblade.jpg

Eurogamer reports Nintendo will release a Xenoblade Chronicles bundle in Europe, which features the game, console, and a red classic controller.
The bundle debuts on September 2 in Europe.

The US and other territories are yet to lock down a release date for Xenoblade Chronicles, which along with The Last Story and Pandora’s Tower, is part of an effort to encourage Nintendo to squeeze the last drops of quality out of a system instead of putting out the new Zelda and leaving it at that.

Let us give you money, Nintendo. Go on.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/06/29/xenoblade-chronicles-to-release-in-wii-bundle/#more-183062

Meanwhile, I love the fact that they've got British accents, because they really aren't used often enough when it comes to localising games from Japan.

I agree, I like the British accents all the characters have. It's not something used very often in RPGs and I think it's refreshing to hear. :)

I'm amazed to see how many fans are pulling together to bring these games (Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower) to the US, but at the same time, I think it's sad. Fans shouldn't have beg NoA to localize these games when they should've done it in the first place.

Edit: Sad news. NoA officially confirmed on their Facebook that they have no plans to bring Xenoblade, The Last Story or Pandora's Tower to the US.

Nintendo said:
Thank you for your enthusiasm. We promised an update, so here it is. We never say “never,” but we can confirm that there are no plans to bring these three games to the Americas at this time. Thanks so much for your passion, and for being such great fans!

Thank you for screwing US fans over again Nintendo. -__-

Last edited:
So no Xenoblade is the US still?? I'm a huge Nintendo fan, but this downright sucks. Game looks very interesting, and composed my Yoko Shimomura (and ACE+ I believe?)

To be fair, I wasn't expecting NoA to suddenly sit up straight and immediately declare that they would now plan a North America localisation, but that is still one of the worst responses I've seen in light of the fact that Rainfall has become this expansive. You seek to win over the "cores" for the Wii U and with what's happening now, what does that mean? By "cores" do you mean the dedicated CoD players - those sort of people? Good luck with that, because the last time I checked, the Wii U's online capabilities will still be way behind that of what the PS3 and the Xbox 360 has to offer. Or by "cores", do they mean the people who WANT games like Xenoblade to be released stateside? If it's the latter, they are doing a shite job of it. Here's their chance to show to the people that they can deliver good games to their console and so far they seem keen on blowing the chance. How on earth are people to trust them the next time round with the Wii U? I'm not fully buying the (implied) excuse that Xenoblade won't sell, because look at the support for Rainfall to begin with. Without Xeno or TLS or PT in the States, the only thing worth getting on the Wii now across the pond is Zelda, and that's just a first-party title.

It'll probably eventually come to the US; maybe as a special edition Wii U title.

This does seem awfully similar to what happened to Final Fantasy III.

We see delays for video games all the time, with Duke Nukem Forever probably holding the record. But how many games' dates get pushed forward? Not a whole lot, but European fans (and anyone who was planning to import) will be happy with this one. Nintendo of Europe decided that Xenoblade Chronicles, originally pinned for a September 2nd release in the EU, will now be released two weeks earlier, on August 19th.

It's also been rumoured recently that both Xenoblade and The Last Story really are in the works for North America after all, but there's been no evidence or announcement as of yet to confirm this.

Source: RPGFan

Honestly, I really hope that this game, as well as Pandora's Tower and The Last Story, DON'T come to North America. Do you have ANY idea how many games that the EU miss out on that the US get? People are bitching and starting this stupid Operation Rainfall because they're missing out on these games. Are you kidding me? You don't see people in EU territories starting massive amounts of protests when they miss out on 30% of the games the US get.

You think Nintendo are screwing you all over or whatever? Hell, you don't know what being screwed over is. Try living in EU territories; Nintendo regularly forget we even exist. Just import the damn game and get over it. For once, we're getting something the US aren't, and I don't see what is so wrong with that. I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for US fans and I hope that Operation Rainfall continues to be ignored. :mokken:

I'll not argue that it is a stupid decision not to release a game if there are fans for it, but...eh, games companies are always making stupid decisions, because a lot of them don't release their best games in EU territories. I'm just thankful they decided to release it over here, because other Wii RPGs I've really want to try (example: Arc Rise Fantasia) never came out here. It's a nice change. Not to mention Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower and The Last Story are the only good Wii games on the horizon anyway, and the Wii has had a very bad history. At least it'll go down in a blaze of glory.

On a more important note, four days to go until Xenoblade is released over here! :yay:

Last edited:
Honestly, I really hope that this game, as well as Pandora's Tower and The Last Story, DON'T come to North America. Do you have ANY idea how many games that the EU miss out on that the US get? People are bitching and starting this stupid Operation Rainfall because they're missing out on these games. Are you kidding me? You don't see people in EU territories starting massive amounts of protests when they miss out on 30% of the games the US get.

You think Nintendo are screwing you all over or whatever? Hell, you don't know what being screwed over is. Try living in EU territories; Nintendo regularly forget we even exist. Just import the damn game and get over it. For once, we're getting something the US aren't, and I don't see what is so wrong with that. I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for US fans and I hope that Operation Rainfall continues to be ignored. :mokken:

I'll not argue that it is a stupid decision not to release a game if there are fans for it, but...eh, games companies are always making stupid decisions, because a lot of them don't release their best games in EU territories. I'm just thankful they decided to release it over here, because other Wii RPGs I've really want to try (example: Arc Rise Fantasia) never came out here. It's a nice change. Not to mention Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower and The Last Story are the only good Wii games on the horizon anyway, and the Wii has had a very bad history. At least it'll go down in a blaze of glory.

On a more important note, four days to go until Xenoblade is released over here! :yay:

Well I will take sometime to respond to this now, as I think you are incredibly gloating :mokken: Operation Rainfall is proving to be really strong. Also no they are not entirely "bitching" I think it is more for the fact that it has "xeno" in the title and they want to play another great game by Monolith soft. They have not had a Xeno game since 2006. In EU you guys only saw the light of day with Xenosaga II. Not I, Not III but they gave you the worst one out of the three. Yes I can see why you want this whole thing ignored. Nintendo of America are incredibly stupid as of now. They will continue to think that Jrpgs have died down in NA. We saw this with ARF which did horribly and other titles which were not so great on the Wii. This is a chance to boost their sales and more importantly bring more love into the RPG genre. Xenoblade is doing fantastic in the UK. It has received incredible reviews, and why do you think Operation rainfall are not giving up? You are coming across as incredibly rude here. You want it to fail because you say Europe never gets anything. While I agree with you that Europe does not get much. I had to buy all three of the Xenosaga games here and only the 2nd came out when I was back in Europe. Operation Rainfall is a brilliant idea. While I do not care for games such as Pandora's tower, I just want the two other games to at least come here. There is always the option of importing for you as well. You are saying to import the game and get over it? That is pretty harsh as some can say the same to you. Some can just say buy a ps II that is compatible with the NA games to you. So basically, you wanting it to be ignored completely because you have no sympathy for others but yourself. That is a good way to put it if you are such a hater. I see where you are coming from :lew: Hmmm wii had a bad history with most games. SSBB was fantastic no matter what you think about it. That is where Wii really shined, and later fell. Sales wise the wii had some really good games. Xenoblade has made the Wii rise in the RPG section. The RPG's on wii are nothing special. The only thing that can save them as a whole is Xenoblade and the Last story(possibly) Not Pandora's tower, as it is not so important. Europe is forgotten? This is a good case for the tales games, because the last batch of them have never been localized for Europe or NA. Tales of Graces F could have just been given to NA you know? Why is it being localized in Europe as well? Consider yourself lucky there. They actually supported you on that cause :grin: Now what would you have been doing if Tales of Graces F only came out in NA? Oh wait.... Import the game! Didn't you tell me that? Now we are even :mokken:

I guess my point is that you should not tell Xeno lovers to "get over it" Really? I could import the game if I wanted to. I am just so busy nowadays that it would be better if it were released here. It would thrive just like in Europe and stay a part of the crown. Now your huge loss is not getting the complete Xenosaga series. Perhaps this is revenge. I know that you missed out on a brilliant series... but there is a way by importing(I should stop that) You missed so much Tales games as well! Tales of the abyss is being ported to 3DS for both NA and EU though. That is an opportunity to play a great game. 3DS is not doing so well either but games like Abyss will help do so. The price cut already helped as well. While I am going off topic a bit.. This certainly is a point. Xenosaga I and II on DS were never localized for any of us. I still want it to this day. I cba importing a Japanese game though. Sorry Martel, but I love Xeno to death and if you are going to tell me that you want this whole thing to be ignored, I will not have it :mokken:

PS: Do not tell me to import it again :)

NA misses stuff as well. We all do. So many Japanese games I want.

I agree with everything you say here, but I'd like to interject that Arc Rise Fantasia is a pretty good game aside from the horrid voice acting. It may not have sold well, but it wasn't bad at all. Look at Okami, that game didn't sell at all and it's an amazing game. EU may not have done what NA did with Operation Rainfall is doing, but I'd say that EU didn't care enough about the games they weren't getting to complain about it :grin: On a side not, I wish they'd release the original Tales of Graces as well because that's a great Wii JRPG that isn't getting localized because of the enhanced port to the PS3. I will be picking it up along with a PS3 hopefully in December, though. But enough of that. I could go play Xenoblade right now because my brother has it :lew: He really likes it. (They also better localize Tales of Xillia :hmph:)

Back