Nintendo The Official Xenoblade Thread

Ugh no relation to Xenosaga whatsoever? Ab but it might not have any "relation" because its a completely new series. Hey it does sound like Xenosaga though with gods and stuff. 50 to 60 hours is great but Xenosaga III took me 120 hrs-40 HRS I THINK :hmmm: It does sound like Xenosaga though so Im happy :ryan: OH and Ariana thanks so much for all of that Love <333 Oh and Olivia thats ok you did a great job too xD. Im really happy for a new "Xeno" game. Although the music sounds REALLY like Xenosaga on the official site of Xenoblade its bound to have at least some references come on. Xenosaga has been DEAD for AGES I mean come on its a new game but still it does have Xeno :ryan: Thanks again Ari and Olivia :ryan: <3

And I need a Wii for this ... sigh. I was going to get a Wii for the Dragon Quest game. But to be honest, how would the controls for an RPG work on it???

But to be honest, how would the controls for an RPG work on it???

There are a couple of ways an RPG can work on the Wii based on what I've played on it so far. If the RPG is like Dragon Quest (i.e. turn based), I suppose the Wiimote can be used as a cursor - move it over the command you want and confirm your attack. I suppose either the Wiimote's directional buttons or the nunchuk's analogue stick can be used to move your characters around.

But if the RPG is like Xenoblade, they could use the Wiimote as an ordinary controller - no motion controls at all - like in Muramasa. Or (God help us), they can try and use motion controls to fight enemies. I hope they don't go for the latter because I can see that become horribly impractical and awkward to play.

EDIT: I nearly forgot to do some updating. I won't double post in case I'm shouted at! :wacky:

These are higher quality scans from Famitsu of what Ariana previously posted:

1t9bw3.jpg

3009usl.jpg

iyzoch.jpg

And here's a brief description that follows from what Andriasang reported before:
First, to get something out of the way, Xenoblade has Xeno in the title, but is not at all related to Xenogears or Xenosaga. The game was already well into production (with detailed trailers shown at E3 2009) by the time the “Xeno” was inserted, and any connections that manifest now will likely be last-minute throw-ins to placate eagar fans. Judging by how the game was way under the radar until this point, change is probably a good sales idea.
Game director Tetsuya Takahashi aims to let players statistically progress in more ways than just combat, as experience can also be gained through exploration.

OK, so you know how when you die, worms and detritivores and stuff begin to take over your body? The world of Xenoblade has humans and robots in similar roles (uh, minus the decomposing and eating of the world itself…). That is to say, the physical world is made up of the dead bodies of two huge and once-mighty gods that became entangled in epic warfare. Humans occupy the body of one while mechs live on the other, and any good sci-fi fan will know this means trouble — indeed, there is some 1984-style friction between the two conjoined lands that form this world.

Look for more info and media on this game as we inch closer to its Spring 2010 Japanese release.
Source: RPG Land

Last edited:
I think that a lot of people, when thinking about the Wii mote, automatically imagine some sort of sick cardio exercise a la Wii Boxing that will have their heart bursting out of your chest :P A Wii mote hooked up with a nunchuck can do anything a more traditional controller can do though, so the genre taken into consideration, I imagine it might not use the motion sensor at all.

This is actually really disappointing to me, I was so hoping for another Xenosaga game.
I don't feel like my Kos-mos and Shion tales should be over!

The latest issue of Famitsu has confirmed that Yoko Shimomura is the composer for Xenoblade. Shimomura’s body of work is quite impressive. She has worked on the Kingdom Hearts series, Mario RPG series, Little King’s Story, and countless other titles. Knowing this, and after hearing the song on Xenoblade’s teaser site, the game’s full soundtrack should be worth listening to.

Nintendo Everything

this game will bring the wii to a new level,at least we saw the wii as something fun but when you play games on it,the remote gets you tired,but for this,i wonder how it will function,please no remotes.it will get like a rating of 6 like that.

Thanks for the update on the composer Ariana <3 So the composer is not Yasunori Mitsuda or Yuki Kajijura. Hmmm but yeah this composer sounds really awesome but the music sounds exactly like Xenosaga. So he/she worked on kingdom hearts eh? Thats awesome. But the music really does sound like the previous composers :hmmm:

doesnt really matter,it matters whn the music is awesone,it doesnt meant that those 2 are not only the talented ones in music.theres way more for different game companies in japan.

The long wait for Monado will be coming to an end in just a couple of months. Nintendo Japan announced a new final release date today for the Monolith-developed RPG, which is now known as Xenoblade.

Gamers in Japan, and those outside of Japan with kanji skills and a Japanese console, can look forward to Xenoblade on June 10. The game is priced at 6,800 yen, which is a bit low for an epic RPG, although Nintendo tends to keep its software prices down on the whole.

Reactions: Rey
Thanks Ryan I have seen the first video but not the second! Thanks dude. Oh and Xenoblade is what is known as Xenosaga IV and that made me really happy. So June 11th in japan? That means for NA and EU it wont be that long? :awesome: Thanks AGAIN!

Xenoblade isnt really Xenosaga IV. I thought I remember them saying it was a completely different game at first, then they named it in tribute to someone.

Xenosaga was a great series. Too bad it had to be cut in half

jucy1k.jpg

The pieces are starting to fall into place for Xenoblade, the original Wii RPG from the makers of Xenosaga that was previously known as "Monado." Following a couple of trailers and some sparse official site updates, Nintendo gave Famitsu the full scoop on the game this week, with new character, world and story details.

Here's the primary cast of characters and their background stories:

~Shulk~
The main character, an orphan. He's shown holding a book, suggesting that he may be a big fan of literature. Shulk heads off on a journey with his friends to defeat the Kishin troops who attacked his village. Race: Homs, Age: 18, Height: 171cm, Voice: Shintaro Asanuma.

~Fiorun~
The heroine. She looks after others and is very active. She's the childhood friend of Shulk and little sister of Dunban (below). Race: Homs, Age: 18, Height: 160cm, Voice: Eri Nakao

~Dunban~
Hero of the Homs people, he used the Monado sword and defeated many Kishin army troops. He was injured during a major confrontation 1 year back and is now healing. Race: Homs, Age: 30, Height 180cm, Voice: Ryo Horikawa

~Dickson~
Dunban's war friend from a long time back. He watches over Shulk like a parent. Race: Homs, Age: 44, Height: 181cm, Voice: Tsuyoshi Koyama

~Mumuca~
A warrior of great skill. He once fought Dunban for the right to be the person who would use Monado. Race: Homs, Age: 30, Height: 195cm, Voice: Norio Wakamoto

The magazine also got some additional details on the Monado sword we keep hearing about. This sword is an artifact that was left to the Homs race. It's capable of piercing the strong armor of the Kishin troops, but it's such a great burden on the body that it is said only the hero Dunban can wield it.

In the trailer that was released last week, Dunban was shown in bed recovering from his injuries from the prior year's confrontation. Famitsu has images showing this confrontation, with Dunban wielding the giant Monado sword on the battle field in a fight against Kishin troops. It seems that the Monado Sword is the Homs Race only hope against the Kishin attackers.
This confrontation has a lengthy background story listed in the magazine, so it could be a major event in Xenoblade's story.

The magazine also provided a preview of some of its future coverage, revealing a couple of additional gameplay and world details.

Xenoblade's world will have a time cycle. Screenshots show the same area during different times of the day, one with a setting sun turning the sky orange and yellow. Perhaps there will be some gameplay connection to the time system? That's what Famitsu asks, and when they ask questions like that the answer is usually yes.

jucy1k.jpg

There's also one secret with the Monado sword. Look closely at the sword, and you'll see a blue circle near its handle. A screenshot shows the circle imprinted with the kanji for "機" (ki). The magazine probably wouldn't have brought this up if it weren't relevant to the game, so expect to hear more about this part of the sword.

Nintendo will hopefully update the official site with all this information and the screenshots later this week.

The Xenoblade official site was updated today with details and artwork for a few of the characters who were unveiled in Famitsu earlier in the week. Access the site's character page for the look.

rqwxvb.jpg

The site only has details on three characters: main character Shulk, heroine Fiorung, and hero of legend Dunban. The site refers to these three as "player characters," presumably indicating that you'll take control of them. There are slots for at least four more as well as an inactive tab for "sub characters."

vo2zb9.jpg
zugrjl.jpg

The character profiles are mostly the same as what was shared in the Famitsu feature (see here for a summary). New information lists a character named "Rein" as accompanying Shulk on his journey to defeat the Kishin troops who attacked their village.

The site also has voice samples for the three characters. Here are some rough translations of what they're saying:
  • Shulk: "Monado... at some point, I would like to unlock the mysteries of that power"
  • Shulk: "I don't want to have anymore regrets. I will protect you!"
  • Fiorung: "I've also decided to go. Rather than staying home and worrying, I'd be more at ease if I fought along side you."
  • Fiorung: "Thank you, brother."

Reactions: Rey
Man Im gonna say something right now..... This game looks so FUCKING awesome! The character designs are really well done and the music is realy spectacualr. Actually reminds me of Xenosaga. But Xenoblade is the sequel to the Xenosaga series. So this and the Last story im like fucking amazed!!!!! Thanks Ryan!

I haven't been catching up on the news of the game for a while, so I've just been looking around. The trailers look alright so far. The music is rather standard fare for a JRPG - no real complaints there. In terms of the character visuals, it gives me a strong FFXII vibe for some reason. I hope Monolith have done something good with the story because from the snippets I have read so far, it sounds a bit cliched again.

new characters are revealed on the official site for the ones that dont know,check em out as theres going to be way more revealed in the near future.

this is looking to be good. more games need to be made to showcase the wii as a more hardcore gaming system alongside its casual install base. games like these might even turn a few casuals to the dark side.

...ahaha, who am i kidding. this game is looking great though.

Xenoblade Trailer 3 Hits

Nintendo skipped out last week on what seemed to be a weekly schedule for Xenoblade trailers. They made up for the miss this week with the most exciting trailer yet.

Xenoblade Trailer 3: The Omen hit the Everyone's Nintendo Channel today and was quickly posted to YouTube.

The trailer begins with hero Shulk, heroine Fiorung and legendary hero Dunban expressing shock at what appears to be an aerial raid. An alarm sounds out through town, and some soldiers comment that the alarm is different from usual. Mechanical creatures fall to the town and begin to attack the populace, who flee in panic. The sequence ends with our trio of heroes facing off against one of the creatures.

The next sequence begins with Shulk describing the red Monado sword, which he says is easily capable of slicing through the Kishin armored troops. We see a character unable to control the sword as it comes to life, and Shulk wonders if it's possible to understand the secrets of the sword.

One of those secrets appears to be revealed in the next scene. We see Dunban, who once wielded the sword, unable to control it now as Kishin troops approach. He's told by a companion that he should no longer use the sword. Shulk grabs the sword and charges at the troops. To Dunban's surprise, he's able to wield the sword and dodge incoming enemy fire. Shulk comments that with the sword, he's able to see just a bit into the future. Dunban wonders if that is the sword's hidden power.

Shulk performs some impressive moves, making a female soldier exclaim "Amazing! This is your power!?" To which Shulk responds, "It's not me. It's Monado that is showing it."

The last few dialogue bits as the trailer comes to a close revolve around the Monado sword. One character says that the sword likely has additional powers. Another character seems to want to get his hands on the Monado in order to achieve something.
All this seems to be hinting at a Monado-focused update at the official site later this week.

Source: Andriasang

Thanks Olivia <3 Trailer is awesome! Those mechanical creatures remind me of the Gnosis from Xenosaga. Monada reminds me of a super powered device like abels ark for some reason. That sword might be connected to something! Also I see a new character near the end of the trailer. Thanks again <33

Back