SOTW 99 Voting

SOTW 99 Voting

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saga

ice ice baby
Veteran
Gil
Here it is folks. SOTW 99! One week away from the BIG 100!!

This weeks theme was Buildings!!

Here are the entries I recieved =]

Remember, please vote in order for you vote to count!

#1:
BuildingSig1.png

#2:
bUILDINGsig2copy.jpg

#3:
picture.php

#4:
sotwentrybuldingscopy.png

#5:
Fallingwater-5.png

I'm voting for number 5, I like the subtle line pattern thing that it has going on (around the top right corner). I think the lighting is done very well too and the text also looks pretty good. The border gives the Sig a nice finish too. So yeah, number 5 gets my vote.

#5. I've seen that house before and I absolutely love it. And the text matches it well.

Props also to #1 for the funky overlay thing. Good stuff.

It was between 4 and 5 for me.

In the end I liked the look and feel of number 5 a tad more though.

I love the clean fresh feel of it and the building/house is pretty neat.

The little grid lines throughout look really nice. Lovely texture added. The text is also really really well done. Love the font used and how it's all uneven and such.

The half border rounds it off nicely. =)

My vote goes to Number 4. Also five and one are so good to me and the rest are nice.

I like the way the artist has blended the vectors with volume light and well blended the light with buildings, like it's a real sunset due to darkness in front of the buildings. It's a peace of master work.

bah, this is a toughie between 4 and 5, 5 is stunning, but I think overall I prefer 4, the skyline suits the theme perfectly, and Im loving the patterns in the background, the text is relaly funky too

So yar, number 4 for me

Twas between 1 and 4 to me. IMO, 1 has the best colours and design then 4, so I'm gonna vote for it. Well done to poeple who entered though.

torn between 4 and 5 here, and it really is a very tough choice again, but im going for number 4, although I think the buildings may be a little "too dark" for the sunset in the background in some respect I feel it is a brilliant peice of work that really hits the theme well, I also like the text positioning and vector brushing in the background really makes the image eyecatching.

so my vote goes to number 4 and well done all!

I vote for number 5. Absolutely stunning, particularly the text, and it stands out the most for me, personally.

I was surprised with the high standard of entries for such a tough theme though ^^ Good job guys!

A little more effort in your voting post please. Give something you like about the piece that sets it apart from the rest for you, otherwise your post will be considered spam.

I voted #5

Not much has been done to it but I like the texture of the signature and the stock used, it's pretty well done, also I like the scanlines, the text is pretty good too, so it gets my vote.

I cba CnCing the other signatures this week as in I'm not in the mood =/

I have to go with number 5 here. It's just pure beauty right there. It's really hard to do anything with buildings, but the artist managed to pull it off quite well in a simple way. The scanlines add a creative touch in the end, and the text is amazing. I really like it. My only concern is the border...the bottom seems to be a bit thicker than the top, unless my eyes are playing tricks on me. Nothing major really.

1 would be my second choice. I like the artistic style to it, most especially the colors. I love the lampost and how the artist made it seem to look like an 'L' ... really nice. Text-wise...it's okay, but I thought it could have been better.

2 is fairly decent. Simple and it has that night look to it, which is pretty cool as it brought out the lighting more. But I think the signature is a tad bit too big for my liking, although that's just my preference speaking.

3 is pretty nice, but could still use some improvements. I just think the text positioning isn't really appealing when placed that way and the border is a bit...incomplete, I guess.
It's a nice try though.

4 is also good - I like the smooth exterior and the text. Very good choice of stock too. But I just don't think the vector brushes really work for this kind of theme since it looks a bit awkward. =/ Maybe if the brush colors have more of a chrome look to it, probably would have been a lot better.

But anyway, great job to everyone who entered and kudos go to you all for trying such a challenging theme!

This weeks winner is Diego Velazquez!

Well done to all entries =3

1: LockhartAvenue
2: Glennsprophet
3: Penelo
4: lagunas dream
5: Diego Velazquez

Last edited:
Back