Social Group lockout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tipsynaruto

So smart I passed back into stupid
Veteran
Gil
Hey, i was pretty sure i joined a social group that Alyss had started, but when i click on it, im locked out. I have another group that i THINK im in (since its in my social group box on my profile) which is also locked out.

Is it just me or is social groups desiabled?

EDIT: Actually, i just went into shops and saw that there. So even if im part of it, i have to pay a million to get in?

Yep they are locked out for now or you can buy them for 1 million in the vb shop but I think they are still fixing issues at the moment.

I started a thread about the 1,000,000 cost of stuff. Social Clubs have a point cost. You have to buy access now. I know it stinks. Oh so I don't appear a total complainer, the above post explains there are issues with features as well. The cost may change too.

I am pretty sure the price is going to be lowered, they just have the 1 mil up while they tamper with things.

But I am kind of annoyed that you have to pay money to be a part of social groups... and especially to have an album.

It's not going to be a million points. :wacky: You will only have to buy the option to start a club, not to join. Once the club is started, anyone (according to the club leader's parameters) can join the club.

i guess its like an award for peeps that have stayed long. Im sure those vet members can afford it.... tho i am a bit queasy about it regardless. Especially that theft thing.

Buying access to a Social Group? That's like buying friends! :(

Glad to see yer lowering costs, i couldn't get 1mil points in my lifetime.

As CassinoChips and I can confirm, the theft thing isn't very effective. And aren't you a vet member anyway?
What are social groups?

As CassinoChips and I can confirm, the theft thing isn't very effective. And aren't you a vet member anyway?
What are social groups?

...I see you managed to get that gold bar for free when my head was turned the other way. :ahmed: Fine, you can have it for free. Call it a "welcome back" gift from me to you.

Anyway, Social Groups and Photo Albums are supposed to be incentives, reason why they will cost points. If you're active enough, posting and such, you can purchase them quite easily, I assure you. ;)

(Though it will definitely take more than 2 weeks).

I see that 150x150 avatars are in the shop, which means that vets can no longer have just for sticking around so long. Are all the 'perks' of being a vet member going to turned into things in the shop?
Not that I'm complaining, simply curious.

I see that 150x150 avatars are in the shop, which means that vets can no longer have just for sticking around so long. Are all the 'perks' of being a vet member going to turned into things in the shop?
Not that I'm complaining, simply curious.

Yeah pretty much, though the only perk I can think of that Vets have atm are the 150x150 avatar and the Vets Lounge (which won't be up in the shop). Unless I'm missing something... :hmmm:

But it'll cost quite a bit so it may take newer members quite awhile before they can purchase it, unless they are extremely active.

So the regular members can now have the Veteran avatar size? Well I guess that is fair if they do pay points :hmmm:. Of course they cant see the lounge till they get 1000 posts/a year of activity on here. But still it is not like Veteran avatar size should be exclusive to us I guess. We have the lounge and all that so I see the point of giving it to other user groups. :hmmm:

I don't get the point of vbshop? Just a lot of unneeded extras which will probably just annoy me.

Well, it's just a new feature that came along with the upgrade which we may as well use to bring something novel to the site and promote a bit of activity, but ultimately you're not compelled to use it. :wacky:

(Steal function is annoying though. :jtc:)

Well if you want a Idea of what to use it for maybe bring back the arcade and make the games playable by points or maybe have like bonus parts buyable for the RPG XD

I dont really care bout the stuff like bigger avatar but i miss my group xD

May I ask what steal does if somebody buys immunity to steal? I mean doesn't that defeat the purpose of steal altogether?

If steal is used on a member who has steal immunity it should say this person has Immunity please put another name,and as for immunity it should be a high priced item since people will probably spam steal to get easy points espcially newbies

The odds for not having a successful steal should be high too. Oh god, encouraging thieving is just wrong.

The odds are pretty high. 1:20 attempts are successful. It took Hal about 25 attempts the other night to steal from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back