Short or Long Hair?

I like longer hair too. It looks prettier. At least, when it's done like Aerith's.
I think she looks better with longer hair but something's off with how she styled it. It looks kinda weird.

Short hair fits her personality in the end. And some girls do look good with short hair. My gf once had short hair. it just "wowed" me.

As for Garnet, I prefer the long hair on her. She looks cuter that way. But I also admit she looks awfully nice with short hair. :)

Last edited:
I liked the long hair but the short hair kinda grew on to me because it gave a expression on how she felt. for ex when she had longer hair it represented the captivity that Queen Brahne Branhe(I forget how to spell her name) kept her in. But after Queen B died Garnet/Dagger was free from that so she cut her hair. So short hair for me.

She looked way better with the short hair. She gained a certain sexiness that she did not have before. I like girls with short hair like that so this may be biased, but she looks more sexy with the short hair.

I like both hair on girls. I prefer mine shorter (Shoulder length) because it's easier to take care of. I don't like... boy short on girls (like a buzz cut) but if its shorter than most I don't care. Long hair is also beautiful ^^

I think it depends on the style, really, for me, but I preferred her with long hair in the cutscenes and the short hair in the menu screen. Long hair overall. I think I'm biased, though, because my hair's almost the same length as hers when it's long.

Hmmm.............I really can't decide. I would say she looks ever so slightly better with short hair. She just looks happier, lighter, more free, and heck, she's still hot.

shoooort :)
i think she'd have suited some red flashes too, but I'm not sure what the hair styling abilities of Gaia were haha

I personally thought she looked more mature with short hair. I did like her hair long though, I prefered that she shortened it later in the game.

I also liked the way that they portrayed her cutting her hair. In Japan, cutting one's hair is symbolic of making a major change to yourself. And after everything she had gone through prior to cutting her hair, I felt that it was appropriate that she did so.

Garnet.jpg

Far more majestic and beautiful than with the short hair.

i liked her much better with short hair. i thought she was more mature and free spirited after her haircut. i think she was beautiful either way tho

When she first cut her hair, I was all like "Meh..."

But as I kept playing the game, I grew to really like the short hair. It looks much better than her with long hair IMO. She did look more happy like most of you mentioned, so that was cool. Yeah, the short hair just looked better to me. Better design? XD

I preferred Garnet with long hair. I liked the idea that she cut her hair off because she wanted something new, to say: "I'm different now." which I thought was eally symbolic, but as far as looks went her long hair suited her better.

I liked them both-- actually.

The long hair made her look more mature, like she was supposeta be the Queen, ya know? More sophisticated.

Whereas her short hair made her look like a young girl. It was cute, and went with her feelings at the time.

I always preferred Garnet with shorter hair. When she cut her hair it symbolized her growing up, and I loved that. She became one of my favorite characters of the entire FF franchise because of how she grows up, matures, and develops as the game progresses. Not to mention, look at her smile in the picture. She looks so happy when she cuts her hair. Like a weight has been lifted off her shoulders and she has been reborn. <3
Short hair on women is a hard thing to pull off, and she pulls it off imo.

Long. Personal preference in women generally but I much prefer long, although I do appreciate the signicance of Her cutting her hair off, I think it looks better longer.

i personally like her with short hair. long hair always seemed too heavy, at least on Garnet.

Long hair for me. I overall just like long hair more than short hair. Also on a side note how did she cut her hair so perfect with one knife cut?

I thought Garnet looked better with short hair. She got a real confidence boost and cut her hair, and she became more of a badass.

Back