RPG Inferno Suggestions Thread

My point is that now, when I'm at Level 46, the very most damage I can deal is 400. I can increase my Magic to the cap and it won't make a difference, while Warriors, can actually increase their strength to the cap and see a visible difference. The sporadic damage of magic doesn't help at all. I can cause 400 damage one round and 89 the next, so having a cap like that is less than helpful.

I can't really do too much without bringing it up to one of the others first, or at least I don't dare to. :hmmm: I'll do my best to make sure in the time to come this is more balanced out as things go on, just see about if anything it adjusted on any existing content or not...

I see... and that's rather reassuring. But my point was that NOW, at a level lower than a mage, I'm doing far higher damage and the mage can't get the higher spells yet, while my strength can just continue growing until I hit the strength cap. Unless... I'm misunderstanding and the better spells are closer to the Abyssal Plane than I think, it seems unfair. XD

I'm... not even a mage properly and I think it's unfair, so I can only imagine how the mages feel. :ness:

Sorry, tbh I would have liked the intermediate (tier 2/the -ra spells. >.>) to be able to do more damage myself, but not everyone was in agreement with that... :| Apologies for that, but it is up in the air for now, sorry about this Jess, and to any players going Mage style through battles. ^^;

Ah well, thanks anyways. :3 Sorry to be such a bother about this. :lew:

No need to apologize, it is problematic that there is such a critical imbalance such as this, now. So yeah, when I get the chance I will discuss this with one of the other RPG Directors.

The magic cap is 400 if I remember correctly, and with Berserk on, I can do that in one hit. I was teamed with Diar earlier and thought that was rather unfair that I could do nearly double the damage he could. I also tried being a mage and my magic was double the magic defense of the things I was fighting (with the tier 1 spells, granted, because I don't quite have the arcane for the tier 2s) and I found it ridiculous that it was capped at 200. Someone with double the strength of the defense of what they're fighting would kill it much faster than a magic user could. It just seems... really unfair. :ness:

Hold on there mate. Mages cannot do as much raw damage against monsters as can warriors, but Excalibur raises the magic peak to 500 and has a huge base damage. On top of that, the fact that they can dual equip shields can give them a permanent 40% DEF bonus, which can be enough to nullify all physical damage from monsters and other players alike. The huge healing power is also a help. Cura can heal up to 500 damage, and the Tonberry Mega Potion spell goes up to 1000. Using these spells on a defensive mage, you can often simply heal yourself faster than the opponent can damage you, and gradually pick them off with spells.

If you manage to beat Koloth's section, you'll get access to a whole new range of defensive buffs that will seriously help you in later battles as well.

Astronema attacks (using 'Revenge') Greater Antlions' Head with their Dark Godsword [Greatsword] Dark Godsword, taking 1879 from Greater Antlions' HP.

Attack type or no attack type, this is over 4 times the Magic cap for a Tier 2 spell and almost 4 times the cap for Excalibur. It's just anti Mage, and blatantly unfair.

Why is the ochu so hard.............Do you really expect people to train here?........Any tips on how to kill it with my hp on the right?
And how come I can't do any magics,everytime I click it to learn it says you cannot learn this.

Thanks...........

While yes, the Ochu Youngling is quite tough for so early on, it's just a part of the RPG, so it is a challenge that just has to be overcome.

Having some attribute points put into HP points, as you have, never hurts, having good STR/MAG (depending on whether you rely on magic to deal damage, or use physical attacks with weapons and attack types) also is of great help in this battle, as defeating it as quickly as possible is the best way to make it as painless as it could be.

As for spells, you shouldn't have any problem learning the spells...make sure you are choosing for yourself to be learning them, and not your pet. Even though the option is there, pets learning additional spells to what they already know was decided against.

In regards to the warrior>mage attack power problem, imma have a word with Bolt/Koloth in regards to getting a bit of a boost out of the spell department :hmmm:

I have to agree it seems unfair, with combined damage i'm already able to hit around the 1000 area, by the time I reach the highest current level i'll probably be nearing 2000 so something needs doing to restore a sense of balance :hmmm:

Well, I wanted it to be higher too, I think the main one to talk to here will be Koloth, intermediate level spells dealing a maximum of less than 500 damage while weapon users deal damage in four figures, hardly fair. :hmmm:

This has bugged me for a while, but I don't want to do anything that would upset Koloth, something he might be against, but players' spells really need to be able to deal more damage than they do now...a lot more.

Regardless, no worries, I am sure the exceedingly weak spells issue should be addressed in just a matter of time, hopefully sooner rather than later. :dave:

So have you discussed it yet? Seeing as two of you want it shouldn't it be implemented? We rarely hit the cap anyway so I don't see a cap increase making that big a difference. And we still miss sometimes, even when we have maxed spells. And we don't have means to increase the chance of spells missing. Not to mention the limited time we have for offence because of MP. I'm not being unreasonable.

So have you discussed it yet? Seeing as two of you want it shouldn't it be implemented? We rarely hit the cap anyway so I don't see a cap increase making that big a difference. And we still miss sometimes, even when we have maxed spells. And we don't have means to increase the chance of spells missing. Not to mention the limited time we have for offence because of MP. I'm not being unreasonable.

I'mma assume he meant decrease the chance of spells missing :wacky: But other than that, I agree. It doesn't seem fair for them to miss a lot. I've teamed up with Diar quite a few times, and I deal so much more damage.. it just doesn't seem fair at all. An increase to even 600 would even things out somewhat. =/ but 400... hell... I do that in one hit a lot of the time, and I hit twice per turn. Plus, a physical fighter's strength can be increased with berserk and attack types, causing them to hit for more while if the mage has enough magic so they're already hitting the cap, there's no point at all in them using focus.

And now, something pertaining to my own needs. I just got to the point where I can make and weld mithril bars, and went to make daggers. The scanning thingie for it says that daggers/gloves/claws are the ideal classes, but when you make daggers out of them, there's a -80 penalty. Is that... incorrect? I hope it is, because otherwise I'm stuck with my mithril daggers. I'm not going to change weapons.

Screencap of this: http://i28.tinypic.com/2cesuu9.png

The "benefit" of the ideal class is -80, which totally nullifies the strength, and I think it put the defense and enchantment into the negatives, although I'm not sure on the second ones. I was concentrating on the strength. I'm praying this is some sort of screw up. =/

Koloth did that because he did not want that component being used for any Dual-Wieldable weapons. And the defense is supposed to pertain to the weapons it should be used for being notorious for giving high attack power, but lacking in defense.

^ That. If players can have dual wield weapons with the same strength as single ones, that is hardly fair, and would make the balance between physical and magic damage dealt even further off...

And I have not seen Koloth online very much in recent times on MSN, so it is hard to get a chance to discuss the strength of spells with him. :hmmm: I'm keeping an eye out for him though.

Sometimes he is on FFF without even being signed in on MSN, so seeing him online here doesn't mean he has himself made available over MSN to chat with. ^^;

So... we have to get a total decrease in it so we can't use it at all. Okay. That wouldn't be so bad, tbh, other than the fact that I just sunk about 50 points into welding to be able to have stronger weapons... lovely. Dual wielding is going to be strongly discouraged then, I suppose? I'm not going to be changing my weapon, though. I happen to like daggers, and I'll be sticking with them.

Oh well, I'm not going to argue it. Not like there's anything I can do... despite the fact that I'm slightly pissed about the 50 points I wasted. :3

Ok, dealling with the spell damage issue. Spells tend to be a lot more accurate than melee. So they shouldnt have the same max damage. Plus mages can do stuff like lower melee's ability to hit by messing with stats. So its not that mage needs to hit higher. But it needs to rely on lowering the ability of melee hitting. Yes, the medium spells are not adequate for level 70+ players. I was considering adding the 3rd stage spells in the last area. But they need to be studied more.

Also, sorry about not being on much. I haven't been feeling very well lately. I need to get 2 teeth extracted on the 30th.

So... we have to get a total decrease in it so we can't use it at all. Okay. That wouldn't be so bad, tbh, other than the fact that I just sunk about 50 points into welding to be able to have stronger weapons... lovely. Dual wielding is going to be strongly discouraged then, I suppose? I'm not going to be changing my weapon, though. I happen to like daggers, and I'll be sticking with them.

Oh well, I'm not going to argue it. Not like there's anything I can do... despite the fact that I'm slightly pissed about the 50 points I wasted. :3

There are daggers that you get for defeating a boss in Koloth's area that have 80 STR each, and I consider them to be very useful, if that helps.

Seems to be a misunderstanding with balance in terms of magic... while warriors are able to do more raw potential damage than mages, this is only because they are able to use their attack type multiple times in a row. On top of that, enemy monsters very rarely have any form of armor, meaning damage will be much higher than usual. In PvP this simply is not going to happen. One mage with 600 DEF, heavy mithril armor and a protect spell active is completely invincible to all physical attacks. On the other hand, there is absolutely nothing a warrior can do to avoid being hurt by Excalibur, or even other tier 2 spells if they aren't able to use Shell. Simply put, in PvP warriors are seriously screwed unless they have some powerful spells able to back them up. Against monsters, a mix of defensive MAG (Cure, Berserk, Shell, etc) and high STR is the most effective stat setup. Your pet can handle all offensive magic.

Back