[RP] Project Destrillians - The Uprising

Pacing through the corridors it was apparent that the security breach in this facility was indeed not in full swing. Trained to a degree for covert functions, Euon concluded the best course of action would perhaps for the time being to not indeed meet up with other Destrillians but to secure and ulterior route. No, probably not possible in these lower levels. On the bright side this level of thinking showed that the drugs were indeed beginning to clear from his mind. Taking an entirely filtered breath, the engineered being wished for nothing more to be free in this moment. Notably the poisonous assassin was closing on a sealed door to his right. No particular markings, no indication. Base deduction upon leaning in with awkward restraints concluded the mechanism was at the very least magnetised and hydraulically sealed. Forgoing the notion of staying put to ponder his way forward through such a currently impassible obstruction, movement continued down the sterile thoroughfares without sky, enclosing them in Dr.Shen only knows how much material. Heading simply ever onwards down this path it was no longer such an idle hope that this was quite the test constructed he thought it might be, though the thought still nestled in shadows of the mind.

It was passing that door that had conjured the tantalising thought of a true escape to a more concrete position. The opportunity to fulfil the wild promises as touched upon by the somewhat zealous if not absolutely (to Euon) wholehearted definition of chance for their species. No, a calling of fate. Perhaps that was a touch foolhardy a deduction.

OoC: I apologise for the brevity of this post, Simply showing I'm still alive and in the RP whilst closing some more of the distance and providing perspective of Euon on the message I failed to earlier elaborate upon.

The cold recesses of the facility brought an air of uneasiness with Aya as she and Ralph pressed on below, for the first time in a while she could feel the cold of the decadent facility and how empty and nearly creepy the atmosphere was. This was not aided by her lack of clothing, barely dressed with her saviour's jacket and the red signature underwear that was related to her code. She led Ralph towards the area where Marko was allegedly kept until she halted to try and sniff the air for any traces of blood that was not their own. She was halted by Ralph as he sent a probe from the Model 231 to scan the area ahead to update the both of them if any hostiles were around. Aya could only marvel and at the same time, envy what he was capable of.

"It still doesn't get old," Aya said as she stood behind the empowered CEO.

"What doesn't?" Ralph asked back as he and Elise began analyzing the probe's progresses.

"A technological tycoon who, out of spite to Viola, assaulted it directly to save his baby brother and in the process, frees a pack of deranged experimentees," Aya summarized with emphasis while he focused on scanning the areas ahead, listening to her while multitasking.

"I'm glad that I amuse you then. At least you mellowed out now," He said as he continued scanning without looking at her.

"Mellowed out?" she asked.

"Earlier you were hellbent on killing me thinking you were trying to kill your creepy doctor, and now you're quite spry for an experimented girl," Ralph said as he continued scanning as well as checking progress in repairing the 251 back at her chamber pod. Aya shot a glare back at him.

"You know nothing of what we've been through or how they treated us," she said angrily.

"Did they really do a number on you to get this worked up?" he said, unfazed by her intimidating words.

"They've shot me with nanotechnology, brutally tortured me and changed my body into something I didn't want! Just as they did with everyone in this place. Even Marko may have suffered some form of subjugation! All we want is to see the outside world!" she said.

"If it's all the same to you, Aya, the world you and the others are pining for isn't as all sunshine and rainbows as you all make it out to be," Ralph snapped back as he accomplished his scanning and recorded the updated files of his data.

"If it is so damn cruel out there, then what is your definition of freedom?" Aya asked him as she moved about while arranging the jacket Ralph gave her.

"There is no definitive word or description I can give you. You're talking to a guy who has gone through over 12 wars we call 'Cycles' over the start of my career and the only thing that matches your definition would be...family I would say," Ralph said as he pulled back the probes and had Elise study and map out their routes and open up com links through any CCTVs installed at the pathways they have.

"Why family?" Aya asked.

"Were you and the others ever trained in histories?" He asked.

"Yeah...it's to help us blend in, or as my doctor says, to ensure that our performance as assassins worked to exceed expectations," she said.

"I'm sure you've studied about Ozheimer," he said, without turning back to her.

"Let me recall..." Aya thought hard about the lessons she was forced to study by Viola, eventually remembering the fallen country Ozheimer. "Ozheimer: The land of limitless intellect. Men who dedicated their lives to science and evolution. Until one day, the 50 year war ended it all and the country was wiped out from the map. It's people and culture was erased except for one family." As she pieced it, she realized that the family who sruvvied the fallout turned out to be Ralph and Marko's own family: The Faiz Dynasty. " Don't tell me...!" she said as she realized what he was on about.

"That's why they call me its last son," he said with a sigh. "Until today that is, once I confirm this Marko is indeed my lost brother."

Aya found Ralph even more interesting, looking at him, you cannot even tell the difference between her and himself or any human she has come to see. She was tutored that an Ozheimerian is allegedly one of the more smartest humans in the planet, setting them apart from anyone in Linisium. Their average intelligence is said to be at best over 110 - 120, while an average person's from another region only supersede 100 and below. Aya's in comparison's is over at best 102, as is the other Destrillians. She could estimate Ralph's and possibly Marko's to exceed 110 and above.

"I...I don't know what to say," she said with an uneasy voice.

"It's life, we experience the wondrous and the horrific. The sad thing about being the last, is that we will eventually fade to nothingness," He said, in reference to the Ozheimerian factor dying with him. His estimates that even if he procreates, the purity of their intellect will not be as distilled with his children as he is, although by this point his people already had their chance. He was determined to keep his family and country's legacy alive for as long as he could. The thoughts of his status though appeared to be making him emotionally numb and Aya sought to change the topic quickly.

"Do you think I will find someone like me out there?" she asked him as she showed a strand of her red hair. She remembered her doctor and other Destrillians noting that she had the rarest combination in any human breed with the purely green set of eyes and astounding vibrant red hair.

"Redfolk are rather rare but not extinct, so chances are you are still a salvageble type in the world. Being a Destrillian is but an added perk," he said.

"To tell you the truth, all of us had weird memories springing up in our minds ever since you came here. I've been thinking of finding the people I saw in my dreams," Aya told him. Ralph turned back to see her once again.

"Let's take this one step at a time. We'll find everything we can once we locate Marko," Ralph said.

The both of them gazed further back as Ralph's sensors began warning him of a couple of approaching figures from the distance. His helmet shifted back on as his optics glowed in the darkened halls.

"Talk to me, Elise," Ralph said.

"I'm picking up signatures of Aya's type in the distance, they could possibly be Destrillians. Although I advise the both of you to be prepared as they may have been tampered with like Aya was," Elise warned.

"I highly doubt the other doctors went as far as my own, let's see which of the chumps made it out into the facility," Aya responded back to Ralph's cybernetic companion.

"Arm cutters to 12% for the extra push," Ralph advise Elise, now wary of a Destrillian's skin. She automatically adjusted his fingertip lasers to that strength as both armored man and female Destrillian cautiously approached the two signatures.

Aya raised her hand for Ralph to lower his lasers as she took a good sniff.

"It's fine. It's the preacher and Tarlach," she told the armored man.

"Preacher? Tarlach? Friends of yours?" Ralph asked.

"Yeah...The Preacher is actually called Miryz, who likes to make long and winding speeches back in the day. He drove me nuts, honestly. Tarlach is a metal class Destrillian, and one of the quiet ones," she said as she took a good sniff of the air from the direction of Ralph's sensors. Their blood scents were unmistakable to her, as she had smelled the same scents for years and had learned to distinguish them accordingly from a normal human's and to their core blood types before Dr. Eizner shot her with nanotechnology. She felt a sense of ease as she and Ralph can now regroup with them and allow them to form a strategy to get Marko and eventually leave this facility. At least a simplistic goal was all she could think of for the moment.

"Miryz can't wait to see you I suppose. He's been preaching the day of your arrival or somewhat, he seems to be some looney to me," she said.

"Your preacher sounds like a politician or a devout zealot if you ask m-"

Ralph's sensors abruptly signalled him that someone was approaching from the opposite direction, with Aya's two oddballs from behind and an unknown source upfront, Ralph spun around and armed himself.

"Careful, we got another party member crashing in," Ralph warned his red headed partner.

" I smell him too. He's...not like the others. I can't identify him, but he's definitely got the scent and blood of a Destrillian," she said as she preparingly placed her thumb near her teeth incase they had to prepare for another round of combat. She had hoped Tarlach and Miryz would reach them soon.

Lux

Lux wandered down the hall, pressing her hand to the wall to keep her standing while the second clawed her temple. If the pressure of using her superficial strength wasn’t going to drive her mad, it would be the voices. So many voices flitted through her mind, words leaving just as quickly as they had come. Some were stressed. Some were tired. And some were so angry with Viola. She mentally pushed everything aside and focused on the now.

Each beam of luminous light above her flickered in and out, struggling to maintain its life before she stole it away. Some static threads filtered through the air, seeking her body like tiny little homing missiles. She stored the glowing filaments beneath her skin, stocking her reserves.
Just in case

Just as the thought crossed her mind, a thunderous clapping echoed around the hall behind her.
Just in time, too.

She stopped in her tracks when a squad trained their guns on her.

“Destrillian,” one of them called. “Identify yourself. Orders are to bring you back to cryogenics.”

“And if I refuse?” She asked in a small voice, most unbefitting of a trained killer.

“Then you are to be brought back to cryogenics, even if it is within an inch of your life.”

The lights above them flickered once, and another guard stuttered from behind his helmet.
“Someone check the damn circuits!”

With one hand pressed to the wall, Lux lowered her head and sighed.

“Be careful of what you find in the dark… You never know what sort of monsters might be lurking.”

And then they were off.

The lights cut out, leaving the men to fend for themselves. There wouldn’t be a second for them to salvage their lives out of the moment, however, as Lux turned on her heels and forced a thin beam of photon light forward to cut a man in half where he stood. A man close by screamed in an uncharacteristic manner as he heard the torso fall to the floor.

Guns fired into the air, the tiny image of her menacing grimace of deal illuminated in the short flicker of a bullet ricocheting off a wall. The hall glowed for a brief moment, a shadow of light surrounding Lux’s hand as she pushed it forward through the chest of a man, found his palpitating organ, and tugged.

One man found his arm severed from his body with a tight cracking that sent chills down her spine. When she was distracted by another’s form gripping her leg, the man fled the scene with what limbs he could salvage. The one who interrupted her, however, found his skin peeling from his face in a white hot mist that deteriorated his structure right to the bone.

When she allowed the lights to flick back on to survey her accomplishments, there was one still body; a man garbed in uniform different to his subordinates. She flexed her right hand, still coated in the blood of another. Lux cringed as the migraine fettered her mind like iron shackles, but in front of an opponent, she tried her best to hide it. After all, there was something about him that wasn’t quite human.

“Who are you?”

Tarlach

Hobbling over, the two shapes of a man and armored man grew sharper as he soon reached them. He looked over to Aya. A red head woman stood in front of him. As far as he remembered before his untimely cyrosleep, she was a blood user. In theory, her attacks on him would be ineffective considering the iron in the human body. But he never gotten the chance to test the theory out.

"You ok?" tarlach rasped. His voice still not used to being used through the 7 years cryo sleep before he looked over to the armored man.

He had a suit that looked like someone turned him into a neon sign. What caught his eye was the lazor that was coming out of his hand.

"Machine?" Tarlach muttered before a flashback to his rampage slammed him hard. More importantly, scenes of heavly armored guards attacking him.

He dropped down onto a knee as he tried to refocus and control his breath. But his breath was getting ragged as the flashback started getting stronger. Images of a manic woman flashed before his eyes as he started to grow angry. The blood that flooded from a corpse that Ralph killed wiggled a bit before all of the the iron and carbon
from the corpse merged to form free flowing steel around him like a cold snake.

"The guard want to try and force me back into cryo sleep? Try to stop me from killing that bitch of a mother? I'll go through you before I go through that abused bitch. Then I'll find the real mother." Tarlach muttered as a part of the free flowing steel rushed into Tarlach's hand, forming a simple steel sword which was pointed at Ralph.

Miryz followed at a short distance behind Tarlach, watching the other's unsteady gait. He knew of the circumstances that had placed Tarlach in such a condition - scientists talked with reckless abandon when they thought no one could hear. It was just another example of the horrors that they had all been through. Some like Tarlach had lost time, the most precious gift, others had had other things shoved into them, some elegant, some crude. Still others were beaten to within an inch of their lives. It was the worst when they were in their teenage years. Even though they were modified, the humanist rebellious streak ran through them all. Some were only now exhibiting it. Some had shown it at the start. Some were obvious. others were more subtle. In all truth, only Miryz seemed to give them any hope, false or not. Believing that sthere was someone who would save them did not lead to experiments, cryostasis, or beating. At worst it lead to despair; at best, it would lead them all to salvation.

As the pair came closer to Ralph and Aya, Miryz could see the overlay of thought patterns. Aya's was normal but another intermingled directly with Ralph's, though it was obvious by all physical conventions that that was impossible. He could tell Ralph was in an armoured suit, much like those he saw in the minds of the more obviously rebellious brethren and those of the loose-thought scientists. As Tarlach dropped, Miryz sped up, closing the distance between them in little time. The dual tones of mumbling in both mind and tongue mingled.

"The guard want to try and force me back into cryo sleep? Try to stop me from killing that bitch of a mother? I'll go through you before I go through that abused bitch. Then I'll find the real mother."

Miryz placed a hand on Tarlach's shoulder.

"O my brother, he is no enemy to us but the man I have spoken to you all of at length. It is he who has saved us from the hell which we live and given us the chance we should have had long ago. Raise not your sword against his flesh but rather for it - our road is yet still a harsh one and we would be remiss to dispose of him. I know not his true reasoning for being here. Whether it be to cause chaos or merely to destroy Viola. Whatever it is, he has brought us from the depths of the Destrillum Haze back to the world of the living and allowed us to take the lives that should have been ours in the beginning. Save your bloodlust for those who deserve it - the wretched scientists who believe it is their right to tamper with and destroy our existences."

He looked at Ralph intently, scrutinizing the man as best he could.

"And you, Our Promised Saviour, what have you come to do? What is such an important goal that you would risk your own life in a suicide attempt upon Viola? If you would wish to decimate this atrocious facility, you will find only too willing of conspirators. In anything else, I might be able to assist you. It would be an honour to help The Promised One in his chosen role."

However, to Ralph's mind he sent a much shorter message: "Whose consciousness do you carry about you that it would mingle with your own?'

Ralph dropped his gauntlet as the smaller man held back the more malevolent individual from striking him with a metal-like substance from his arm, from what he could tell. Aya stretched out infront of Ralph to halt the individual, and from what he could tell, she was rather furious at the man.

"The guard want to try and force me back into cryo sleep? Try to stop me from killing that bitch of a mother? I'll go through you before I go through that abused bitch. Then I'll find the real mother."

"You idiot! He's not an enemy! Quit it!!!" Aya yelled back at Tarlach.

Ralph raised a doubtful eyebrow as the smaller individual spoke.

"O my brother, he is no enemy to us but the man I have spoken to you all of at length. It is he who has saved us from the hell which we live and given us the chance we should have had long ago. Raise not your sword against his flesh but rather for it - our road is yet still a harsh one and we would be remiss to dispose of him. I know not his true reasoning for being here. Whether it be to cause chaos or merely to destroy Viola. Whatever it is, he has brought us from the depths of the Destrillum Haze back to the world of the living and allowed us to take the lives that should have been ours in the beginning. Save your bloodlust for those who deserve it - the wretched scientists who believe it is their right to tamper with and destroy our existences."

Ralph muted his exterior comms to prevent the others from hearing him and Elise while Aya stood the two Destrillians ahead of them from attacking him.

"Oh god, don't tell me these Viola loons created a hybrid priest-politician type Destrillian too? We got enough as it is scratching their assses off at the World Military Council..." he snickered at his cybernetic confidante. He hated the types who controlled everything above them through politics, as he could tell these three before him the dozens of times he clashed with the WMC's superiors when targetting Haven Artelierie's locations.

"Behave, Ralph! We should be grateful that he stopped that metal-class Destrillian or we would be seriously outclassed!" Elise warned the brash CEO.

"Not too difficult to handle! If we're lucky, we can simply ditch these fools and take Aya with us. We're gathering a circus troupe here," Ralph said angrily. He was not wrong to take her word for it, underestimating them could be easily his downfall. His impatience was driving him to the wall, as locating Marko was his outmost priority at the moment. His attention returned when Aya allowed Miryz to see him in person.

"And you, Our Promised Saviour, what have you come to do? What is such an important goal that you would risk your own life in a suicide attempt upon Viola? If you would wish to decimate this atrocious facility, you will find only too willing of conspirators. In anything else, I might be able to assist you. It would be an honour to help The Promised One in his chosen role."

Those words were clear to him. He had to choose his carefully without upsetting them. Aya looked back at the both of them with curiosity.

"I'm here to put an end to Viola's schemes. They've crossed a line with you all and held my brother captive. I've come to get him and eventually, see if I can tear this place down. It's heresy looking at this place alone," he said.

He was greeted by another mild headache as he slumped forward. Words poured from his head that sent shivers down his spine.

"Whose consciousness do you carry about you that it would mingle with your own?'

"...The hell!?" Ralph said angrily. To think their development has gone forward to invade a human's consciousness was terrifying in itself. The disruption was causing him an extreme form of discomfort.

Aya stepped forward and placed a hand at Miryz.

"Stop! That voice isn't from his mind! he's not used to our means of communication! " she said. She could not explain how Elise did it. "Elise! Say something!" Aya snapped at the suit.

"Correct." Elise said as she used Ralph's helmet to project her ghost-like form at the others.

"I am Elise Winters, former scientist of Haven Artelieries - a competitor to the Viola Corporation and Faiz Industries, where we come from. An experiment of mine has turned me into a corporeal form, trapping my consciousness in a network called the World Linisium Net... To be specific, I'm sure you may know of my incident months ago? Half the country's WLN servers have crashed due to my interference, so I can safely assume this facility was somewhat affected. Ralph Faiz, the man you see before you, is one of the leading business magnates of the outside world and has sheltered me in his server. Or - " she patted the Ragnum 231. " his battlesuits. I assure you we mean no harm, but we have come to locate one individual here named Kramskov Faiz, rebranded as Marko and remove him from active duty in this facility by any means," she said as she regressed back into Ralph's suit.

"That's a neat trick kiddo...But next time you do that... let's just say I won't be as pleasant as I am now," Ralph said wearily as his helmet shifted for him to massage the temples of his head. This was a first encounter and an impossible theory coming true right before him; mind probing. They have truly created dangerous forces within this facility, he was afraid what may have become of Kram/Marko.

"Miryz! Tarlach! I was looking for you both because we need to plan our escape with the others. But Ralph here isn't going to cooperate until we find Marko. Beyond that I - " Aya paused. She was unsure what would be the next step other than escaping. Her mind drifted a bit due to her inability to think what may lay beyond for them from the world outside. Ralph condemns her ideas due to the cycles of wars he's experienced, while Miryz's ideals fueled her long lost desires. " - I ... I'm not sure what to do after that," she said.

"Look," Ralph said as he recorvered from Miryz's probing. "Faiz Industries is willing to accomodate all of you so as long as we can cause less collateral damage. Sheltering you all won't be a burden to someone like me. All I want is to find Marko so Elise and I can effectively plan ahead." Ralph said.

"By the way...Are you guys expecting someone?" Ralph asked as his sensors beeped.

"Yeah, I smelled someone ahead of us before bumping into you both. From the scent, I would say he's a male..But he's not unlike any other I've sensed before," Aya told both of the newcomers. Ralph spun back as he armed his cutters to point at the direction of where the sensors indicated the other Destrillian was coming from, at that moment he also shifted his helmet back to seal his face in.

Last edited:
...It's me Ralph!...

...Machinas - Guns - Malevolent men ...

...Faiz Dynasty, family with older brother ...

...Love, the one desired factor from family...

...Ambition - Ralph my older brother...

...Strength - from mother's love...

... Conviction - from father's ideals ...

... Legacy - from grandfather's intentions ...
...Death, raining blood with screams of everyone - life ended that day ...

...Resurrection - the darkness creeps within...

...Dr. Ackerman says her goodbye as we have transcended the tests...

--- 40 minutes before Aya and Ralph made contact with Miryz and Tarlach ---

A large disruption occured as the young man struggled to free himself from the confines of the pod. The restraint placed on him made it difficult for him to struggle and release himself from the pod. Thinking quick before he drowns himself, he unleashed a surge of dark matter as the pod's bolts and allowed the machine sealing him to break free. The sensors outside were ringing violently as they were alerting everyone around the facility of hthe fluke that had just occured.

Distrum and various liquids dripped from the containment as he stepped out, disoriented and unaware what had exactly transpired or why he was filled with these strange memories from prior to being within the facility, as well as the mysterious boy's name 'Ralph'. He looked to the side of the screen displaying his stats:

834819-23

Destrillian Prototype # 000-000-013
Marko
Sub-outlet 555d
Age: 22 years: 1 month: 4 days: 12 hours: 56 minutes: 23 seconds
Hyper-rest 10 mode
Normal RAM
Life Level 10
Dr. Cassandra Ackerman ext. 9
Log: 23

Marko was interrupted from surveying his surroundings with a sudden telepathic surge from beyond the facility by Miryz:

“Brothers and Sisters, listen well to my words now. It is by the act of our Saviour that we are free from our stupour. Take this opportunity to awaken and rise. Join me and we shall take back our lives. We will revolt and take the lives of those who caused us such pain in reparations for the lives they stole from us. We will fight our way to freedom, against all odds. We will claim it by blood, by bone, by contest, out of desire and truth. The Distrum has ceased. You have a choice now. Find the Messiah with me and we shall go forth to our destinies and wreak our revenge against the oppressors or stay here to die. Make your choice my brethren, for tomorrow shall be our day with or without you, so have I seen.”

Marko snickered at his counterpart's claims. Whoever freed them really had the balls to challenge one of the strongest business empires of the outside world. As far as he knew that would equate to suicide to those who challenged them and wasn't keen on taking on Viola, even if they created him and the others as a means to end the wars told and educated to them throughout their life. His initial instincts dictate him to remain here for further instructions, yet his curiousity and disregard for authority also cautions him to search from Dr. Ackerman, who had vanished prior to this madness happening.

This whole incident sounds like a set up. But I'm keen on finding the doc, how could she leave me when I've finally completed everything? Something ain't right...

Marko was further disrupted from his thoughts as another familiar voice called out.

"I'm with you on that, brother. It's time we take back what they have taken from us, and follow the savior into a new world."

Marko gritted his teeth. Who the hell do they think this so called savior is? He was further confused by everyone's sudden interest in Miryz's ideas of following some fool who could be merely another corporate spy. He saw dozens of attempts by the others at escaping this impossible prison and failed time and again. He decided to get to the bottom of this affair before settling for finding his parental figure by joining whoever he felt was at the closest vicinity.

From what he can tell, Niya, number 015 was the closest possible to him. Marko had found Dr. Ackerman's red scarf at the table where he usually acquires his gear before training and puts them on, along the side were the facility's training suits for all Destrillians when mingling with each other. Marko hastily placed on those as he looked back and forth, it wasn't the best styled dress but it beats running around with his underwear. Cracking his knuckles and facing the exit door unto the facility, his first goal was to locate Niya and eventually, the epicenter of the crash to confront the aleged savior for finding the boy named Ralph as well as his missing parent figure.

"Alright. It's showtime!"

Tarlach

"You idiot! He's not an enemy! Quit it!!!"

Tarlach slowly lowered his sword as the steel sword melted into the swirling steel that circled him.

"I'm here to put an end to Viola's schemes. They've crossed a line with you all and held my brother captive. I've come to get him and eventually, see if I can tear this place down. It's heresy looking at this place alone,"

Tarlach just frowned a bit as the memory flashback faded from his mind. It was nothing major until the man infront of him got angry. Just when Tarlach was about to ask what was wrong, Aya muttered something.

"Elise! Say something!"

The suit lighted up as a women projected herself in front of them.

"I am Elise Winters, former scientist of Haven Artelieries - a competitor to the Viola Corporation and Faiz Industries, where we come from. An experiment of mine has turned me into a corporeal form, trapping my consciousness in a network called the World Linisium Net... To be specific, I'm sure you may know of my incident months ago? Half the country's WLN servers have crashed due to my interference, so I can safely assume this facility was somewhat affected. Ralph Faiz, the man you see before you, is one of the leading business magnates of the outside world and has sheltered me in his server. Or his battlesuits. I assure you we mean no harm, but we have come to locate one individual here named Kramskov Faiz, rebranded as Marko and remove him from active duty in this facility by any means,"

"Interesting. You merged your brainwaves into the suit." Tarlach muttered as he passed his hand through the projection of Elise before she faded away while Ralph was not amused for some reason.

"Miryz! Tarlach! I was looking for you both because we need to plan our escape with the others. But Ralph here isn't going to cooperate until we find Marko. Beyond that I ... I'm not sure what to do after that,"

Tarlach nodded a bit.

"I want out of here to find someone. She left me a letter on where to find her should I manage to get out of here." Tarlach muttered while looking over to Miryz and Aya.

"Look, Faiz Industries is willing to accomodate all of you so as long as we can cause less collateral damage. Sheltering you all won't be a burden to someone like me. All I want is to find Marko so Elise and I can effectively plan ahead. By the way...Are you guys expecting someone?"

Tarlach shook his head as he willed the swirling mass of steal to the ceiling as it formed thousands and thousands of decently size needles, preparing a Fletch attack.

Ricin

It took five minutes for his knuckles to become bloody. Each thrust of his fist towards the large cell door widened the crack more. Each blood droplet dissolved deeper and deeper into it's thick mass. He'd finally weakened the door to the point where only a few more strikes would do it. One left hook and more cracks sprouted. A left one and the door shook. One last strike with all of his physical might and a fairly large hole was created in the door. He managed to wiggle himself through, wincing as shards of rock and glass punctured and scratched at his bare skin, until he finally made it to the other side.

The hall was dark. Lights flickered in the distance, noises could be heard, but he did not know the source. He saw his chance. He'd have to get to a locker room, perhaps his old room to where his clothing would still be. His plan only involved finding the clothes, finding Dr. Miller, and escaping. He ran down the hall, dripping red from deep cuts. It was hard to remember which was was which, especially after being put away for two years.

Each step he took made a hissing sound on the floor. Acid eating away at tile. It was a long journey before he'd found the rooms where the projects slept. His old room, third from the left seemed empty. In it he saw that it had been taken over by another. However that other person was lying face down in a pool of her own blood. Someone had been in here. Someone had killed her. But he didn't care. He rummaged through what used to be a wardrobe with his clothes and found that his things were in fact still hanging.

The five minute change was awkward. He tried waiting for his wounds to heal up before clothing himself. But the more he waited, the less time he'd have. He tore the clothes of the dead female project into straps to cover the bleeding and slipped on his shirt and pants as fast as he could. It was comforting to feel clothing on his skin once more. As he turned to leave he heard voices.

One screamed, it was a young 10 year old female crawling away repeating "no, no, no" as a much younger little boy walked casually toward her, his limbs cloaked in sharp metal spikes. Both Destrillians and both tried fighting. "We said sorry!"

"Sorry isn't enough" said the little boy as he struck her down.

Ricin stood still as he watched the young boy repeatedly stab the girl, who'd stopped crying out after the third or forth puncture. The boy seemed satisfied after retracting his metal limbs and moved on into a neighboring room where he'd heard a boy scream. Ricin moved. It was time to get away from the Distrum chambers. He walked down the hall in the opposite direction. He'd tried running but his legs were not used to it-not yet.

Two viola guards circled a corner up ahead. Seeing them they'd both seized the opportunity to open fire. He couldn't hear what they were saying. They were new, he observed, so they would possibly know what he could do. The look of surprise on their faces as he continued to stand was amusing. "I apologize but, I do need to get through. You don't mind right?"

He could feel the bullets dissolving within his chest cavity. Luckily none had managed to get far before melting completely. He used it as an advantage. The toxins leaking out of his wounds slithered out towards them and he continued his walk. The more they shot, the more he bled, the faster his toxins and acid reached the guards before finally grabbing a hold of them. It slithered around their legs and moved upward, dissolving their armor, shredding their clothes, and boiling their skin. By the time it reached their torsos the halves of them were already liquidy flesh, and he had already reached the end of the hall.

OOC: Ill post response with Hildemar while i wait for cookie for Inzanami

Dr Hildemar Dietrich

A bit of a jarhead...

"Doctor... Dietrich, was it? Miss Dietrich. Strictly speaking, the breaching of the containment area means that Floor Zero is locked down, which formally covers non-security restrictions of B1 to B5. However, they are mostly formalities. If you are worried about your research still being in the Basement levels, you would do best to accompany one of the patrol teams for assistance."

The man's poorly camoflaged annoyance showed on his face and his tone was anything but friendly. Still, an attempt at civility was better than alternatives, but to her indignation, his incorrect usage of her title even when knowing it, was irksome.

"My second-in-command, Major Connor-Guzman, is already on his way down to the bottom floor. I suggest if you are planning to retrieve anything below B2, you should get moving while he is still there. Obviously, the deeper you go, the more likely you are risking your life."

Doctor, Mr Vargas. It is Doctor Dietrich. Taking into consideration of the difficulty that your men will face with reclaiming the children, it shall only be myself and one other as to not strain your resources. I will radio in when we approach B5. Have a good day Mr Vargas

Hildemar had more reasons for a small team of two than just being considerate of Vargas. Firstly, too big a team may make them a bigger target for the other Destrillians. It would evoke a negative impression in which they might think they were a retrieval team. Retrieval was Security's job. What she wanted was to know whether Izanami was still alive and determine if any changes in her mentality has happened. Best way was to actually communicate with her. The second reason was that Hildemar knew that Izanami was exactly like her. She highly value those of the same level of intelligence as herself, but tends to be a bit... condescending to those far below their game. Unfortunately, those that qualify was just Hildemar herself. The other person was there to be basically an extra pair of hands. As Hildemar ascended up to the floor of where her team was going to meet, Schneider ran into her at the elevator.

Ooof... watch ii.... i mean... Ma'am. The team has met up already and wait on your command.

Good. Grab an earpiece. You will accompany me down to B5. The rest of the team shall set up the comm and info hub in that room.

Me? and..... B5?! Isnt that on lock down?! Aren't the test subjects running wild right now?! I heard that several of the staff down there have lost communication....

Children Mr Schneider. Let's treat them with a bit of decorum. We are not going down there to confront them... not the others in any case. We will be going down there to make contact with Izanami. Retrieval and suppression will be left to security.

Doubt still clouded Schneider's face, but there was little he could do but to follow and hope for the best that his boss knew what she was doing. So far, she hasn't been wrong thus far, but this was not their regular weekday. With the gear they picked up on the back and in Schneider's hand, the duo began their elevator trip down. Schneider quivered in his shoes, but Hildemar was just as collectd and cool as a cucumber as if it was any other day. Opening a channel into the secuirty band, Hildemar gave a heads up to Gunnar and Vargas

Mr Vargas. We are approaching B5 right now. Please inform your men of our presence and if a team is going to be meeting up with us, tell us the location.

Cooperation was probably the best way to coerce anything out of Vargas. Any other method would probably provoke an anger driven and emotionally charged decision to lock her out of the Basement and potentially hurt Izanami... albeit at a very hefty price. The former is of the upmost importance, the latter would be nice if it was avoided, but Izanami was priority. Luckily, she isn't as... unstable as the others.

((OOC: Short post. Wasn't really feeling a huge rp post. They will increase though)

004- Aquilo

These journals, these recordings were almost mind baffling. What had the doctor been thinking? He recorded every advance, every move Aquilo made. From his first steps, to his first slice... To his first murder. It was sickening- it went beyond an experiment and evolved into obsession. What did Callaghan want? Where did Callaghan go? All these questions raged inside 004's mind. It was just too much. 004 could barely register what was going on:

Experiment Log 004- Entry one:
Delivery was successful, but the subject has a weak, frail body. There’s quite a high probability that he won’t survive. He is… unremarkable as both distrillian and human. It would be surprising if he recovered… My assistants are advising we put it down… But, the human mind has quite a potent pool of will. Perhaps 004 will persevere… My own- WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE? GET OUT! Moronic graduates….

The recording abruptly stopped. Aquilo’s mind didn’t. What was Callaghan trying to say at the end? My own what? Efforts..? …Toy? It was no secret to the division that Callaghan’s techniques and processes were… Spartan to say the least. 004 had to keep up. He’d being subjected to torture after torture. Aquilo was under constant scrutiny. If he didn’t achieve in the first three tries, Callaghan would subject him to “Detention”.

Following these revelations, Aquilo lost it. With tears streaming, he began to rip apart the room. Smashing vials, throwing chairs… Aquilo proceeded to pound his fist into an overhead compartment, punching the iron box without restraint. After what seemed to him as a minute-but in fact was ten- he stopped. Aquilo’s knuckles were torn, his hand bled lightly… But he’d left quite a dent. He never used his power. It was as if he was pinning it back, attempting to NOT unleash the wind. Releasing that could be the worse action he could take at this time- the confined space would cause the storm to rip his body to pieces.

It was then he heard a voice, a female sound called out his name:

004. Are you in there? 004?.... Aquilo?

W-what? Who was this? Aquilo was just about able to pull his mind from the brink of emotion as he turned to the door. With a sniffle, Aquilo slowly walked up to the door, weary of such lures. The doctor warned him of tales. Of sirens who could lead to your demise. Aquilo didn’t want to die. He wanted to see the outside… he’d always desired to feel the true wind against his skin. To be free.

With an intense series of exhales, an astonishing heart race and a fearful hand, Aquilo fumbled in the dark. After two or three mistaken knobs- including a fire release and cupboard- he smashed down on the door release, the motors pulling the door back with ease. He panted, as he nervously took a glance upwards: in front of him was another project. A female as he suspected from before.

“I…I Izanami? 003?”

Aquilo stumbled, not from nervousness, but from shock. He didn’t expect another distrillian to be released. Honestly, he believed it’d just been a malfunction from his personal tube. He glanced up to make sincere eye contact, then pulled his stare away.

“Do you… Do you have any clue what’s going on here?!”

Aquilo wasn't particularly panicking... It was too soon for that. All Aquilo seemed to be worried about was what the hell had happened... And where were all the scientists, the guards, the staff. It was almost as if they'd been deserted, set into storage. That they were defective products, returned to sender. It was quite a saddening thought, as displayed in the depressed facial expression that Aquilo developed in the seconds after he spoke.

He the jumped straight back to reality. Who was that preacher? The messiah-like messenger in his mind? Had 004 gone insane? Had he developed even MORE disorders? Nevertheless, this Rebel had touched Aquilo's soul... He seemed to have already gotten his hooks into Aquilo- or had he? While his emotions ruled his nature, Aquilo wasn't an idiot. It wasn't as if he was already a devout follower, after one apparent "brain rally".

"003...Did you hear... him? The preacher... The rebel? The man, asking us to rise up? What the hell is going on?!"

As Aquilo spoke "on", he punched the door frame with his injured left hand, displaying his annoyance at the situation.

Mithras, Rosin

Throughout his life, Mithras had seen a great many things as one would not believe. Not so much as the gibberish he normally spouted when amongst his work colleagues – no-one quite knew what exactly a “shoulder of Orion” or a “tannhauser gate” was – but having spent almost the majority of his life in the employ of Viola meant that there were a great deal of milestones in the company that he had witnessed. And sometimes, even had the honor of playing a part.

But this –

This was something he hadn’t witnessed for quite some time, and it was wondrous.

In all fairness, he had evaded most of the Destrillian’s attacks with ease: not because he moved faster than light (though he was arguably close), but because he had seen first-hand the things that she had done all those year ago, and it translated into experience and predictability on her part. His subordinates, thus lacking, were not so lucky. Though he lamented the loss, there were far more pressing matters at hand for Mithras.

The first being whether or not Doctor Franklin would ever make good on her promise to go out for a dance with him (he quite liked a vigorous tango every now and then), but also the second being to placate the hurricane of power in front of him.
Even stained in the blood of his soldiers, she looked a magnificent sight.

Then, those magic words.

"Who are you?"

Mithras knelt down to the young woman's eye level, a twinkle in his eye. "Me? I'm a cherry on a cake. I came from the ground, grew in the trees, and Viola plucked me from the branch." He smiled broadly, genuinely friendly and warm, but oddly mischievous (and coupled with his gibberish, utterly infuriating as usual). "I've seen you here from the beginning, when there was only you and the cage. I plowed the fields for your father, and now here we are. All dressed up, and somewhere to go."

The static crackling of the communication piece in his ear fizzled in his ear, and he yanked it out. He moved a little closer to her, looking her straight in the eyes. "Pain, like a little hammer being tapped right there, isn't it? No surprises there. Your brothers and sisters have been a bit noisy. Little, crickets in the grass. They'll find you eventually though, Lux. Insects flocking to a little light bulb." Despite the situation, Mithras made a little childish motion with his hands, and abruptly stopped, looking a little more serious than before.

"But I've got a little secret for you. A bird awaits on the upper levels of this building, waiting for you to pluck some feathers. A little chilly up there, so you might need a jacket, yes? I can help you find what you need, help you break down that barrier that keeps hurting you. For now, though..." He unfurled the pack the good doctor had given him, and from it fingered out a small autoinjector, folding the young woman's bloody hand around it.

"A little gift of mine. But maybe if we find , you might not need it at all. We shouldn't keep them waiting."
Her hands were cold - almost like Rosin's - but he could still feel the odd warmth of the soldier's blood pooled in her palm. His smile returned to the small quirk he normally had, and before Lux could react, he drew his thumb across her lips, coloring them a painterly crimson. He stood slowly, slotting the earpiece he had back in his ear and ignoring the barking orders coming from the other side. Business with the leash could wait until the dog was finished with his own.

"You've got red on you."

Doctor Rosin Franklin tucked the sides of her hair behind her ears, hugging the clipboard and digital notebook closer to her chest as she passed a pair of soldiers making their way downstairs. With practiced precision, she ignored the way the lone camera on that corridor seemed to track her movements, and the way the two guards at the double doors eyed her as she passed them. A moment after she passed the entrance, the doors slid open, revealing a mild-mannered, bespectacled man in a wool vest and a dishevelled dress shirt, who almost literally jumped when he noticed her passing by.

"Oh, hey Rosie! Fancy seeing you here."

Rosin made a point of smiling wearily as she watched the security technician smooth down his shirt. "Benjamin. What a surprise," she said flatly, despite the complete opposite being obvious. "Wouldn't be quite the right time to be taking a coffee break right now, hmm?"

The man laughed, scratching his forehead almost abashedly at his habit. Rosin noted that it seemed Benjamin's hairline had been receding as of late. At the very least, this latest incident would not be doing him any favours. "Yeah, well. Hell might be breaking loose right now, but that doesn't mean we have to drop all of our routines. Gotta keep up the caf, y'know? Especially these days. I'd be still at the stations if we hadn't run out."

Her smile widened at the embarassment in his voice. Looking down briefly at the notebook she had cradled in her arms, she tapped at the screen a few times. "That's what I like about you, Benjamin. Always on the straight and narrow when everything's collapsing around us."

"Aw shucks, you gonna make me blush." Benjamin shifted almost uncomfortably on his feet as he deflected the compliment, laughing hesitantly. Rosin almost swore that she spotted one of the guards rolling their eyes, but she thought nothing of it. At the very least, she couldn't disagree with the sentiment. "So uh, you need me to unlock B-three for you? Or just..."

"No, thank you. Just passing through to see the Chief about something, so I'm in a bit of a hurry. I'll give you a call if I need anything." Rosin bowed her head slightly as she walked off, leaving the slightly flustered security engineer to his own devices. Her heels clicked audibly in the linoleum, pointedly turning the corner as Benjamin called out.

“Well, uh, see you around! C-Call me if you need anything!”

Indeed.
Rosin brushed her fingers against the cold plastic of the notebook once more, trailing across the screen as she watched the monitor of the infiltration unit scurry past the multiple security doors that had opened as Benjamin had passed through – and into the forest of skyscraper-like security server towers. The infiltration unit was no larger than a marble, rolling by undetected and segmenting into a spider-like crawler that scrambled up the sides of the server towers as it evaded scanners and pressure-sensitive flooring.

Now all she had to do was find the right sections to tamper with, and then they would all simply be ghosts under Viola’s cameras.

Last edited:
"Of course not Mr. Faiz. I daresay pleasant would be a far cry from what you would be in such a situation. Of course, it might become necessary to do such a thing more. I doubt of course that you would be so disapproving at those junctures. Your promised accommodation will be greatly appreciated by myself and my brethren. Though all most of us want is the life denied to us, a place to live would be of great assistance. As for Miss Winters there, I would be much obliged to discuss with her more of her...predicament. No doubt she would be better equipped to receive than you but for now she is simply too...alien. That shall come at a later time though."

It was a heavily veiled threat only because nobody knew the truth behind Miryz's powers. So long as people believed they were hurt, they would be. Even if they had the resolve to break through it, Miryz was a competent enough fighter to hold his own.

"I expect that all of my brothers and sisters will come unto myself and the Saviour. As for this one, I cannot say. Muddled thoughts and those who think of nothing make it difficult to discern."

He slipped behind the other three; he knew Tarlach and Aya had widespread abilities and had no desire to be caught in the crossfire. Faiz was still an unknown quantity here but if he could create such a blast just from landing, then no doubt he had just as much destructive power.

Alexander continued down the corridor. To begin with, it was only two voices he could make out. However, as he drew near, he heard more people. He could barely make out someone, a woman scolding someone. What sounded like a heated exchange then proceeded into a more relaxed conversation. "Are you picking up on anything?" Alex whispered to Ruth over his headset.

"Nope, just what you can see," came the reply.

With a sigh, Alexander threw caution to the winds and stepped over to the group. He immediately recognised some of the group as Destrillians. It was rather weird, seeing this group. He felt rather estranged, even though they were essentially one and the same. He figured it could be compared to someone visiting a sibling at an orphanage. Immediately, he felt guilt ridden and awkward. He was extremely fortunate that he had gotten to experience something at least resembling a normal life. For a moment, he didn't know what to say.

"Lex..." came Ruth's voice through his earpiece. "That's Ralph Faiz."

Alexander looked to the man in the metal suit. So this is what had smashed through the facility. And Ralph Faiz, seeming unfazed by any of it. "Holy shit, Ralph Faiz?" was all he asked, sounding pretty pleased with the encounter and re assuming his outward confidence. "Brothers, sister," he added, nodding to the other Destrillians in greeting and holding his hand out for anyone to shake.

Ralph, Aya and Elise.

Ralph cautiously extended his hand and shook the oriental looking young man before him. How did someone from the Oriental Frontier come all the way here? And what's even more curious, how did he manage to become even one of these beings? If the preacher's words are to go by and what Elise's scanners make of his physiology, he is indeed another Destrillian of unknown origin, yet Aya herself can't make out what the young man is.

"How's it goin'?" Ralph asked, dropping the formalities known for his fronts when meeting other people on the arms dealing profession. "Fancy meeting someone new and more...accustomed to the outside," he said. This young man does not seem to be one of the contained individuals like Aya, the preacher and the metal soldier. Could they have already reached to a point that Viola was able to release one of them unto the Outer World or even Free World sectors out there?

"From his eye dialation and excitement to meet you, I would suggest he is not a hostile figure nor does he carry malevolent intentions," Elise advised through his helmet discreetly. Her attention was somewhat fixated on Miryz, he mentioned something of discussing with him on how she had ended up in her cybernetic form, trapped within the WLN. Until she and Ralph could confirm his plans, she wanted to keep herself on a low profile while Ralph and Aya directed them to Marko. Ralph himself was too focused on the situation at hand and wanted to keep his second mission a secret until they located Marko.

"Something's not right," Aya said cautiously as she looked at the individual. "I've never seen you before...Were you part of the older program?" she asked with suspicion. The most puzzling thing was how Viola had managed to extend its hand towards individuals who now had long been well adjusted to the outside world and yet possesses Destrillian qualities. It would not surprise her on how unpredictable Viola has become.

"Now that we're all here," Ralph said in a hurry as he addressed the Destrillians. Aya remained suspicious of the individual who had just joined them but decided to listen to Ralph. "I ask you to listen for a second, cos I'm only gonna say this once. almost an hour after contact with Aya and neutralizing the nanotechnology used to subdue her, I have purposely destroyed this facility's energy supply, crippling their defenses and dramatically confusing the enemy. This advantage can be used in many ways, and admittedly, I feel that I am underestimating what horrors lie within this place other than Machinas and beasts," he said while eyeing what he believed to be two dangerous individuals Miryz, the omniscient/preacher type Destrillian and Tarlach, the metal manipulator. "I have the 4 of you as of now and possibly more as we dig deeper. But lemme tell you why I'm actually here: Elise Winters and I are currently locating and individual Kramskov Faiz, but as Aya told me, he now goes by the name of Marko. Once we have located Marko, we're gonna find a certain individual here who has ties to Ms. Winters and once we do, we will use all what we have in our power to get you all to Encia, to provide you all protection from Viola. I'm not guaranteeing everyone may make it out alive, but I'll stake my suits and all my power to do so. Are you all with me?" He asked.

Aya was unsure what to say, all that information and lack of time to think before the next step was also backing her mind up to a wall. She turned to Miryz, whom she felt was the wiser of the group.

"What do you think?" she addressed both Tarlach and Miryz with uncertainty, but dare not show them her vulnerability. Afterall, what was she to the rest of the world as well as them now that she had been broken once? She didn't want to slip her weaknesses so easily from now on, and best asked the two. Ralph may find them trusting, but in the end, it was her nature as a Destrillian to have a benefit of doubt for her siblings; being the black sheep of the 'family' and all.

Ralph drifted to his thoughts of tactical organization while Aya had broke off to talk with Miryz and Tarlach, as with all Ozheimerians, it was one of the few traits that has survived with him: With the 6 of them, at best they can cause alot of destruction before the outer portions of Viola's facility are able to react. The element of surprise and the fact that he's donning the stronger, sturdier Model 231 of his Ragnum line puts them at a big advantage. He was sure Viola had been contracted some of his suits for use in the event of an invasion such as this, but he was pretty confident that they can dismantle them. His second priority is thinking how to divide the group to their roles to preventany panic or disorder should they be attacked, from what he can gather; Miryz is the one with the brains, power of persuasion and the wisest of the lot with the impression of a gold mine of information of Viola's structure and thus the primary strategical hub of the group. Elise is their secondary strategical hub and can guide them through analytical studies of their powers as time goes and adjusted all processing data of the 231 for her to observe, study and advise him accordingly on the fly. Aya is his guide and point woman as she is able to swiftly strike anyone at a certain distance. He himself may be able to act as the tactical weapon due to his armored gear should they start throwing in his Mass produced suits. He was sure they secured his suits and was anticipating the moment to go toe to toe against the elite pilots here.

He looked at Tarlach and felt that he can be more of a tanky-like individual as well due to his ability to manipulate metal and from what he can observe, change it to his will. Ralph theorizes bullets will be but harmless pellets to him until they start bringing out his mass produced suits to be used against them, wherein cutters may be utilized to dangerous effect. Either way, he is confident that with their strengths, they can do battle against the whole might of this facility tearing it apart looking for Marko. He took a glimpse at the individual who had just arrived and was unsure of his powers. At best, he had a taste of Miryz's awesome feats, observed Tarlach's desirable power and has come to be used to Aya's dangerous powers as well. But this young man...Something of a wild card, was rather hard to analyze.

"Excuse us," Ralph addressed the Destrillians as he took this young man to the side out of their earshot as they viewed the dark decadent structure through a railing. The vast, dim lit place almost gave the feeling of uneasiness to the faint hearted, like corridors to a maddening place not unlike the ghost cities of the Outer World regions. He began addressing the young man more courteously now that he had gotten his plans off his chest with the Destrillians.

"Sorry for the less welcoming gestures. I'm in a rush... But we got time to talk. I've been meaning to ask: Who are you? How did you come to know me? And what has Viola given you for a power?" he asked the individual Destrillian not registered by Elise. Sometime between them both could potentially strengthen their team work later on if a dire moment, god forbid, would befall them but he had to understand who he has before they could plan another means of attack together.

OOC: Clever Cookies ok, so we have met up and i have set us to keep going. Do you wanna take us to meet with smeone? Is there anyone else free for meeting?

Izanami

Number 000-000-004 - Status: Alive Stability: Questionable...

“I…I Izanami? 003? Do you… Do you have any clue what’s going on here?!”

Early onset of shock or disorientation from unfamiliar circumstances. Previously recorded examples of emotional instability may cause prediction and use of 004 to be ... unpredictable and uncertain

Unfortunately, no. I had assumed catastrophic failure of both main and back up generator was the cause of the chambers. Given Viola's calculated approach, the chances were astronomical. However, we are out. Power has yet to be restored. Q.E.D, both have failed to fulfill its role.
Still, caution must be taken. Who knows what Aquilo may do if provoked and stimulated with... shocking stimuli. She has seen him, when alone, show signs of depressing emotions such as continuous crying. Perhaps a more reassuring approach was more appropriate. Fighting or spending time restabilising a project's emotion right now was the last thing she needed. Time free was limited as it is already.

The distinct lack of bodies meant that the facility hasn't been wiped out and the actual cleanliness of both my room and mine and the hallway also discounts abandonment of the project. As i stated, it is just a temporary power loss and guards should be down soon to restore order.

Izanami was half contemplating on leaving Aquilo alone. It wasn't for his alone brooding and calming time. No. Izanami could not definitively predict if Aquilo would hulk out and lash at the retrieval guards. Should he do so, they may think she was an accomplice of disobedience and rebel. She never liked to condescendingly follow orders, least not from the insolent, incompetent guards. Everything was to be by her own volition and the last thing Izanami wanted was to be secured as if some rabies infested mongrel.

"003...Did you hear... him? The preacher... The rebel? The man, asking us to rise up? What the hell is going on?!"

Izanami obviously did, but that damnable preacher" was now being more than just annoying. He was EXACTLY the wrong confusing Stimuli that might throw Aquilo from his current stable (ish) mindset. She hasn't spent enough time with him to make any form of solid psycho profiling.

Of course. This preacher is just another one of us, if not a bit more bombastic. One thing for certain, it appears he seems to ahve made contact with an unknown person. THAT, Aquilo, is what is interesting. In any case, i don't fancy just chatting in my cryo outfit. Let us see if we can meet with others. Come. Let's not dally.

Notioning further down the hallway, Izanami resumed exploring. The cool air was raising a bit of goosebumps on her skin since only her most private parts were currently covered, but modesty really isnt a high priority in her list. She cared little for it. If the air was just a bit warmer, she would have not minded wearing what she has on right now. Since that was not the case, along with other "siblings", clothing was also on her list to look out for.

Lux

Throughout the dance in the darkness, Lux eliminated her partners one by one. Each could not keep up with her steps. Except for him. She couldn’t see him; he bore no striking resemblances in the flicker of light between the darkness, nor did he make any move against her. His body shifted against hers, parrying every blow, dodging every hit. When the lights flicked back on, it wasn’t his appearance that unnerved her, but rather the pristine state of it. As if he moved faster than light herself.

After she spoke, his eyes glimmered as he knelt to meet her face to face, like less of a subordinate and almost an equal? But his words; his words were not of the norm. No one spoke so fluently with riddles, and she had a hard time keeping up with his ramshackle train of thought.

As she dissected apart his words, she found meaning. He had been there from the beginning? When there was only her… Before… or after the First, she did not know the answer. He had been watching her. No wonder he moved with the fluidity of sound.

Her eyes shifted to the side as the piece against his ear snapped, and he ripped it away. He moved closer to her yet, so close she took stock of the singular hairs that could have frayed near his ear had they been longer.

When he spoke again, she directed her gaze to meet him head-on; she tried not to stare at the silver line that seemed to creep up from under his chin, lost further along his neck and hidden underneath the collar of his soldier’s uniform. The silver mark cut across his face, and merged with his smile, twisting it upward in a sardonic smile.

As close as he was, she did her best to keep her eyes from deviating along his face. But with such proximity, she couldn’t help but take tabs on his features.

She even counted the thirteen tiny flecks of grey in his steel blue eyes.

“.. find you eventually though, Lux. Insects flocking to a little light bulb.”

Her name. He knew her name. Should this have shocked her if he had been watching since the beginning? Somehow it did, and an icy chill slithered across her spine.

The man motioned something with his hand, possibly signifying her effect to draw others near; like moths to a flame. If that were the case, then how had she dodged every one of her kin thus far?

The man retracted a bit, and she eased her posture. He rummaged through a satchel before retrieving an object and taking her hand to entrust her with it. His fingers closed around her bloody fist, squeezing once.
A gift?

Lux had so many questions for him. She still didn’t know who he was, but who he belonged with was clear. But why was he lending her the proverbial olive branch? As Viola’s staff, shouldn’t he be taking extreme measures to apprehend her back into cryogenic stasis? She opened her mouth slightly as if to ask something- though which question came first was an internal struggle- until she felt the warmth of his hands briefly, passing between the coat of blood and skimming the surface of her skin. As he pulled away, he drew one hand back to skate across her lips, dragging the vermillion with it.

Keep who waiting? Her kin? She felt their voices rip across the labyrinth of her mind; everyone was escaping just as she. She needed to find them. She wanted to run in the open fields with her brothers and sisters- she felt a pulse against her head… where had that image come from?

When the strange man pulled away from her, he replaced the piece to his ear and turned away, almost to speak with them. But his words weren’t directed to the people on the other side, but to her.
Red… on… me?

As he stood away from her, she glanced around at her body body and noted indeed, that her body had been painted with the blood of others- not just across her lips. Her cryogenic garments would not help produce a very threatening demeanor as she strolled down Basement 5. So she dragged one of the bloody soldiers forward and stole his heavy vest and blood sodden pants. He said she might need a jacket; maybe his words weren’t as confusing after all.

Standing, Lux surveyed the hall with the stranger, and let loose a slow breath she wasn’t aware she had been holding.

“Do you have a name, or will I need to create one for you myself?” Finally through his verbal tirade she got a word in. It was hard to imagine living without a name- though, when she lived as a number for so long, maybe it wasn’t so difficult. But retrieving that information from him seemed that it would be no simple task.

Niya

Niya cracked her neck as she stepped out into the main corridor of Basement 5. An unconscious motion she did when she was nervous- though she would never admit it that freedom alarmed her. That would be internal mutiny.

Number Fifteen shook her head, desperate to shake off the aftereffects of an early awakening. The distrum still lingered at the front of her mind, fogging the edges of her vision. She squinted and blinked, clearing the haze at times. At least she was alone.

Bang. Bang. Bang.

For now.

Other than the initial explosion that shook Basement 5, the halls were alive with the sound of music; bullets and screams, scraping and footsteps. Niya reveled the sound of it all. While she was a complacent tool at Viola’s disposal, she could help the excitement that bubbled inside her to see these puny humans getting their what for. She knew they had been the reason that project disappeared so many years ago- though she could never prove it. And she knew inside that if they couldn’t group together, Viola would pick them off one at a time the same way.

A disheveled figure bounded in the distance at the end of the hall. They disappeared just as quickly as she had seen them, and Niya moved forward, grabbing for the wall to support her at times in her disoriented state. She rubbed at her eyes with the hell of her left hand, attempting to remove the blur.

When she reached the end of the hall, she looked forward and found nothing. Whoever they were moved too swiftly for her. However, her toes brushed against a thick acidic liquid that burned her skin. Instantly, she recoiled against the floor and drew her foot inward. Even in a haze, the pain was palpable. It was different to every other pain in Viola she’d felt; the prick of a needle; the punch of a comrade in training; the sting of another element. It seemed to hurt so much more because she knew where it came from.

“Brother…” But which? Two were capable of poisons and acids, each in their unique way. She bit her bottom lip as she set her foot back down, the superficial layer of skin flaking away to reveal the pink pulp beneath it. Just a flesh wound. Nothing serious.

She stepped cautiously around the red ink on the floor, following the slick trail down the hall. As she followed it, she noted that it wasn’t just a superficial poison- it was eating the floor. She had been so lucky to only graze the edge of it. But whoever it was, they weren’t making it difficult for them to be found. She only hoped that Viola hadn’t caught onto the trail yet.

Tarlach

Looking at the new arrival make Tarlach think a bit. Throughout his time there, he never saw that person in front of Ralph. That by itself startled him a bit, though he didn't let it show as much as Ralph started to speak.

"Now that we're all here, I ask you to listen for a second, cos I'm only gonna say this once. almost an hour after contact with Aya and neutralizing the nanotechnology used to subdue her, I have purposely destroyed this facility's energy supply, crippling their defenses and dramatically confusing the enemy. This advantage can be used in many ways, and admittedly, I feel that I am underestimating what horrors lie within this place other than Machinas and beasts, I have the 4 of you as of now and possibly more as we dig deeper. But lemme tell you why I'm actually here: Elise Winters and I are currently locating and individual Kramskov Faiz, but as Aya told me, he now goes by the name of Marko. Once we have located Marko, we're gonna find a certain individual here who has ties to Ms. Winters and once we do, we will use all what we have in our power to get you all to Encia, to provide you all protection from Viola. I'm not guaranteeing everyone may make it out alive, but I'll stake my suits and all my power to do so. Are you all with me?"

He say Aya walk over to him and Miryz. Obviously wanting to talk to them in private.

"What do you think?"

Tarlach looked over Aya's shoulder to where Ralph and the new Distrillian has walked off a bit before refocusing on her with a bit of a scowl on his face.

"His plan is somewhat sound. I'm curious on the reason Ms. Winters has created monsters like us instead of mass producing weapons that mimic our abilities. The biggest problem is the defense around Ms. Winters herself. Most likely she will be a high ranking person in the company and would have created safeguards against our abilities. Not to mention that she may not even be in this building. If worse comes to worse, she could say screw it and try to kill us via the safeguards. We need more Distrillians before we can take on Winters. At best, we should locate Distrillian number two. Our older 'sister' Lux. Her ability to take out the lights will prove useful when the backup power supply kicks in, if it does." Tarlach muttered looking at Aya and Miryz.

Miryz tilted his head slightly in puzzlement at the newcomer. It was obvious that he was like them, modified in some way, but he wasn't referenced by seemingly anyone in Viola. Just who was this person? Faiz seemed to have a connection though, if only by name. Seeing Faiz pull him off to the side and Aya come over, Miryz put himself back into the present. Faiz was right in his guesses - there were a lot more defenses than any of them knew, becoming deadlier the higher up they went. Most were only operable during lockdown which was no doubt in effect. The information about a target beyond Marko however was news. Whoever it was was either higher up in the company than most of the scientists around Miryz or someone relatively secret in comparison.

"I'm not against finding Lux, or any of our brethren; we need all the help we can get. I know some of what awaits us beyond this floor but the higher we go, the less I'll know ahead of time. However, there is someone who would be willing to help. Dr. Royston is actually a subversive. Her child was taken from her for these experiments so she has no love for Viola. She probably knows more about the higher floors and could even get us through some places with her security clearance. It would make movement faster and probably limit casualties as well."

'And hopefully protect her from everything going around,'
he added silently.

"If we're going to take out this facility though, we need all we can. I can find out about Marko and see where the others have congregated. If we stay in groups of about five, we should be able to move efficiently and attack multiple points. When it comes down to it, we're the weapons of Viola - if we go rogue, little can stop us."

Back