Multiple Final Fantasy titles heading to the Nintendo Switch (& Xbox One and PC), from World of Final Fantasy to Final Fantasy XII

legacy of ff.jpg

Square-Enix want to make it up to Nintendo console fans. For too long they've been starved of Final Fantasy releases and with the exploding popularity of the Nintendo Switch and the very recent success of Octopath Traveler, perhaps now is the time to once again bless Nintendo with a considerable catalogue of ports. These range from core mainline entries to a few lesser known spin-off titles.

As you can see from the list above, the full collection of 2018/9 ports hitting/due to hit are (included are tentative release windows and listed systems):
  • Final Fantasy VII - coming 2019 to Xbox One & Switch
  • Final Fantasy IX - coming 2019 to Xbox One & Switch
  • Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster - coming 2019 to Xbox One & Switch
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - coming 2019 to Xbox One & Switch
  • Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition HD - available now on PS4, Xbox One & Switch
  • World of Final Fantasy Maxima - 6th November 2018 - coming to PS4, PC, Switch & Xbox One
  • Final Fantasy Fables - Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Everybuddy! - coming this winter to PS4 & Switch
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition - coming 2019 to PS4 & Switch

World of Final Fantasy Maxima is an enhanced version of the original 2016 release for PS4 and PSVita and naturally it comes with a bolstered roster of Final Fantasy characters in adorable chibi nendoroid-like form, including Zack (Final Fantasy VII), Serah (Final Fantasy XIII-2), Y’shtola (Final Fantasy XIV), Noctis (Final Fantasy XV), Cecil (Final Fantasy IV), and Firion (Final Fantasy II). This time protagonists Reynn and Lann can actually transform into the appearances of Final Fantasy characters and will adopt their unique powers on the battlefield. In addition, Noctis's debut in this game will be accompanied by his own fishing minigame.

Last edited:
Linnaete

Linnaete

World of Final Fantasy Maxima - Will this be released physically on PS4? Looked on S-E's US site which only had the Xbox version listed.

Oh, noooo! After seeing this and the new Eevee/Pikachu limited edition console, I really need to buy a Switch!!;___;

And I'm also wandering whether the Switch versions of FF games will be digital only? I want them to be physical ones so I can collect them. ;3;

Back