Square-Enix want to make it up to Nintendo console fans. For too long they've been starved of Final Fantasy releases and with the exploding popularity of the Nintendo Switch and the very recent success of Octopath Traveler, perhaps now is the time to once again bless Nintendo with a considerable catalogue of ports. These range from core mainline entries to a few lesser known spin-off titles.
As you can see from the list above, the full collection of 2018/9 ports hitting/due to hit are (included are tentative release windows and listed systems):
- Final Fantasy VII - coming 2019 to Xbox One & Switch
- Final Fantasy IX - coming 2019 to Xbox One & Switch
- Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster - coming 2019 to Xbox One & Switch
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - coming 2019 to Xbox One & Switch
- Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition HD - available now on PS4, Xbox One & Switch
- World of Final Fantasy Maxima - 6th November 2018 - coming to PS4, PC, Switch & Xbox One
- Final Fantasy Fables - Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Everybuddy! - coming this winter to PS4 & Switch
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition - coming 2019 to PS4 & Switch
World of Final Fantasy Maxima is an enhanced version of the original 2016 release for PS4 and PSVita and naturally it comes with a bolstered roster of Final Fantasy characters in adorable chibi nendoroid-like form, including Zack (Final Fantasy VII), Serah (Final Fantasy XIII-2), Y’shtola (Final Fantasy XIV), Noctis (Final Fantasy XV), Cecil (Final Fantasy IV), and Firion (Final Fantasy II). This time protagonists Reynn and Lann can actually transform into the appearances of Final Fantasy characters and will adopt their unique powers on the battlefield. In addition, Noctis's debut in this game will be accompanied by his own fishing minigame.