Limericks of Lute

This is the way!
You score two points.

The FFVII creature was transliterated as Gighee in English, but the Japanese is essentially 'Ziggy'. AKA Ziggy Stardust. AKA David Bowie!

Gighee_FF7.png
Ziggy-ziggy-stardust-28242503-494-700.jpg

Gighee wears stars on his waistcoat and also has a star within him (the soul of Bowie). His tail is a guitar.

Here is the complete Limerick Eleven.
When spied some may yell “Giddy!”
While transliterated poorly, we can’t be picky
On him and within him he carries a star
Jamming good, he plays guitar
His melodic neigh cries “I am Ziggy!”.

Bonus: Anyone can complete this bonus to win a single point. Simply post in this thread before the contest ends.

I have added all of the bonus threads in the first post for ease of access (listed under 'Previous Limericks'. These remain accessible until the end of this game, so if anybody would like to earn extra points in order to give themselves a boost then there are plenty of options to choose from.

Linnaete won a bonus point I forgot to award last round.

Here is line one for Limerick Twelve.

Limerick Twelve.
There was a place of solitude

Here is line two for Limerick Twelve. The max score is now four points.

Limerick Twelve.
Its owner was in a foul mood.

Matoya's Cave?

Though I guess she has sentient brooms with her so it's not entirely lonely, but she's a cranky old woman in both FFI and FFXIV - especially the former as some dark elf has somehow managed to steal the crystal eye that allows her to see.

I suppose I'm gonna guess Quan/Quan's Dwelling from FFIX :hmm: I'd assume he was in a foul mood because he was hangry.

Matoya's Cave?

Though I guess she has sentient brooms with her so it's not entirely lonely, but she's a cranky old woman in both FFI and FFXIV - especially the former as some dark elf has somehow managed to steal the crystal eye that allows her to see.
This is the way!
You win four points!

Limerick Twelve.
Its owner was in a foul mood.
If lucky, you’ll be swept by a talking broom
Else be admonished for falling to your doom
And returning from the Lifestream nude!

Bit of a clumsy limerick, I'll admit. It refers to FFXIV's Matoya specifically, and that might make some sense to people who have played Heavensward.

Bonus: Anyone can complete this bonus to win a single point. Simply post in this thread before the contest ends.

Twelve is a nice, Christmassy number. This completes this game! You can still score some point for the next day by posting in any of the various threads. This will be your last chance! Tomorrow the winners will be announced.

Here they are:

Counting Linnaete’s bonus point for posting, the competition has now ended!

1st place = Miko (22 points) = 5 EXP
2nd place = Linnaete = (9 points) = 4 EXP
3rd place = Soulcorruptor + Ilyena = (5 points) = 3 EXP
4th place = Molosev = (3 points) = 2 EXP

Participation points = sly + Six + Galadín = 1 EXP

Congrats to all who scored, and thank you to everybody who participated!

• Love
Reactions: Six
Back