How Long Does It Take You To Make A Signature?

It's hard to compute since there are times that I make a signature halfway then stop and continue the next day.. The shortest time I did was around 25 minutes (I know this because I had a Cooking Master Boy episode on my TV XD) and the longest I've ever alloted was around 3 hours, because I kept messing up with brushing.

For me, it can range from anywhere between 5 minutes to an hour depending on how much motivation I can get with the renders I am using. My 5 minute work is when I copy layers from previous signatures I made and stick them on a new document and add a different render that matches with the background. When I get tired of the same style then I start fresh and when I do that, it takes me a good hour to come up with something new.

Usually take me about less than 30min to finish making a set, but I always save a copy as .psd so I can edit it if I feel like it or someone wants a set I've made with their name on it instead of the test text.

It really depends, sometimes I have a pretty clear picture in my head of what I would like to produce and the whole Sig comes together quickly (10-20 mins). Other times I'm unsure of what I want, so I just experiment as I'm making it which often takes a while (2-4 hours).

Sometimes I spend ages tweaking parts of a Sig until I'm happy with them. Other times I stop about half an hour into a Sig and realize I'm happy with it and can't think of anything I could add to it. I often take breaks while I'm making Sigs as well, which can mean that I spend a whole night on a Sig.

Initially it took me hours.
Now it takes me roughly 6 minutes.

I am going to guess because before mitsuki leaves I am going to ask her to help me make one. My guess as a beginner is mabey 3-4 hours. I know thats long but when I make one that would be my first one.

Right well let's take my current signature for example, I find the pictures (That can take around 10-15 minutes to find the ones I like) but once I have all the pictures, I then go into Photoshop and it then takes me about 5 minutes to blend them together to make it all shiny and stuff :D

It ends up being between 2-3 hours usually, for me. X:

It seems a long time, I know, but by the time I look at the clock... Well, I nitpick and re-do things and that is what takes most of my time.

as I've gotten better it takes longer and longer

it started at 15 min. but now its built up to a hour to a hour and a half, with about 40 min of nothing but work

Meh around 20 mins the most unless if I want to do a siggy that I'm extremely happy with then it would go up to an hour. XP

hmm i would usually say about 20-30 mins, quicker when things go well. If its something i really wanna make look good il spend much longer, my current sig took me about an hour roughly.

with good material - around 20 mins
with tricky material - maybe 15 minutes longer...

It generally doesn't take me a long time to finish a signature. I can sometimes finish one in 20 mins, and sometimes it takes an hour. (not counting the time it takes to get a render and c4ds of course.) I like to take my time on signatures to make them as best as I can. I haven't got quite into the groove of signature making yet, which is why it probably takes so long. I also like to test out different filters and effects to see if they help.

This one took me about 20 minutes... I don't ever start from scratch - i just download nice wallpapers with high res and then touch it up (adding text, and a few things here and there that people never really notice).

I usually take anywhere between 15 minutes to a few hours when im trying new texts and brushes out etc.
But seeing as im fairly new to GFX/Sig making I tend to take a fair amount of time so as to not make stupid errors and make it look rubbish.

I spent 3 hours on a signature today :gasp: im really pleased with how it came out though. Its completely different from anything ive ever done on a tag before. Thats probadly the longest ive worked on one in my life ^^

Since my signatures are usually quotes from other people, I just have to wait until someone says something funny :gasp:
But otherwise, over half an hour until I trash it. I'm not good at making sigs. But when I somehow succeed, about half an hour ^3^

Back