How do you deal with liars, backstabbers and rumor spreaders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i once got told

If someone tries to bully you hit them. Hit them straight away. Even if they get the better of you the next time theyre looking for someone to pick on theyre not gunna go for the person whos gunna take a swing at them straight away.

I've heard that. I can't say whether or not its true.

I'm surprised that this is in spam and not a discussion forum. It's being taken seriously, etc.
Let me know if you want it moved if you do not want it to remain as spam (I'm mentioning this only in case it was a mistake to place it here, or if there was a reason for it being here).

As for me, I can't recall many instances where I've dealt with people stabbing me in the back, so to speak. I mean, it would depend what that means. I typically do not get too close with people, so therefore it is not a betrayal of any kind when people do me wrong.

However some of my friends have done me wrong before. I don't keep a list. It's never been anything serious or dramatic, or at least I've not let it escalate that far by reacting. I don't tend to do anything about it. I'm more passive in that sense. It doesn't lead to any trouble, but it doesn't help you either, I guess.

I've always been open to being used and abused by different people, but that's just the lot I take. I don't let people get too close for that to be a serious problem. Despite being a descendant of Heracles, I'm not a caveman or a gorilla. I'm not going to bonk someone on the head just for being an idiot. :argor:

It definitely belongs in spam.

I've never really had someone I considered a friend backstab or betray me. Its usually people I don't know & have never said more than 5 words to before who act like they know everything about me, which is pretty weird.

In theory, no one is gullible enough to believe everything and anything someone tells them.

In reality, it seems to happen a lot... maybe.

The way you talk to people probably rubs them the wrong way. You talk like you're better than everyone and are smarter and more logical than anyone and everyone.

Always on about how you could beat anyone in a fight or a debate blah blah.

That could be contributing to it.

That's exactly what my sister says. :T

After my sister had her baby I asked her what she uses to warm up the infant milk formula thing. She says: "the microwave". I ask this question because I know she isn't quite the nurturing type.

I tell her she shouldn't use that, its bad for the babies health. Does she listen? No. She keeps using the microwave because of course she "isn't the problem". The real problem is people like me, right? People who tell other people they're wrong about things because it might be important. That's what you're saying, yah? That's what she says, also.

Then, she gets upset and talks behind my back and tells people ridiculous lies about me. The same goes for the rest of my family. They never give me a chance to defend myself or answer for the things they accuse me of. They just make up ridiculous stories and spread rumors about me - because I proved them wrong about something back in 2005 or something childish like that. And, people are gullible and naive enough to believe it. Which may well be why I have people throwing random packets of ketchup at me, etc.

I have outright told people I would kick their ass and that I was probably smarter than them. But, those were people who were trolling me, making up lies, or talking trash to me in the first place. I don't know why you pretend they're innocent and chaste as the virgin mary and I am the only one who should be blamed for things. d:

Anyway thanks, maybe its good for me to hear that I'm the problem, sometimes..

Nothing like this has ever happened to me, mainly because I am the epitome of a stellar and deified human being. No one has ever back stabbed me, and I have never heard any rumours or outrageous lies about me

I was chatting with a pal about something similar enough today though, involving some big guy when they were about thirteen throwing his weight around. He'd mess around throwing dick shots, but no one ever really said anything, just took the pain or whatever. My pal made sure that every time it happened to him he hit the guy as hard as he could in the temple, even if it took him a few minutes to recover and go find him. The dick punches stopped pretty quickly

So I guess confronting the problem head on and letting someone know you will not take their shit works. Or maybe not, I don't really know

That's awesome~ Maybe you're a much better human being than I am, or maybe you just live in a more positive environment. Anyway, I hope you realize how lucky you are.. Or, maybe its not luck, its skill eh? :T

That's exactly what my sister says. :T

After my sister had her baby I asked her what she uses to warm up the infant milk formula thing. She says: "the microwave". I ask this question because I know she isn't quite the nurturing type.

I tell her she shouldn't use that, its bad for the babies health. Does she listen? No. She keeps using the microwave because of course she "isn't the problem". The real problem is people like me, right? People who tell other people they're wrong about things because it might be important. That's what you're saying, yah? That's what she says, also.

Then, she gets upset and talks behind my back and tells people ridiculous lies about me. The same goes for the rest of my family. They never give me a chance to defend myself or answer for the things they accuse me of. They just make up ridiculous stories and spread rumors about me - because I proved them wrong about something back in 2005 or something childish like that. And, people are gullible and naive enough to believe it. Which may well be why I have people throwing random packets of ketchup at me, etc.

I have outright told people I would kick their ass and that I was probably smarter than them. But, those were people who were trolling me, making up lies, or talking trash to me in the first place. I don't know why you pretend they're innocent and chaste as the virgin mary and I am the only one who should be blamed for things. d:

Anyway thanks, maybe its good for me to hear that I'm the problem, sometimes..

If multiple people tell you the same thing it usually means it's true, specially if the multiple people have no ties to each other EG Me and your sister.

Your reply pretty much demonstrated what I was saying anyway.

I am not pretending they are innocent or the virgin Mary... I am just saying what I notice :hmmm: I don't know you but I do notice that you are quite arrogant.

If multiple people tell you the same thing it usually means it's true, specially if the multiple people have no ties to each other EG Me and your sister.

Your reply pretty much demonstrated what I was saying anyway.

I am not pretending they are innocent or the virgin Mary... I am just saying what I notice :hmmm: I don't know you but I do notice that you are quite arrogant.

See what I mean. :T You don't even know me and you feel its perfectly acceptable for you to judge me. I would say you're not exactly objective or unbiased considering you probably feel obligated to back up Jim and take his side of things after I disagreed with him about a few things.

For whatever reason, it would seem a lot of people cant cope with someone disagreeing with them or telling them they're wrong about something. They take it personally and react with hostility then strain themselves to invent reasons to justify their uncool behavior.

If someone proves me wrong about something, or if I make a mistake I admit it. Its over and done with & I move on.

But, a lot of people would seem to have an absolutist mentality where they feel entitled to pretend they have all the answers and that someone disagreeing with them is a form of attack & a religious holy war is the only logical response to it...

And, even if I was arrogant - so what? So are a lot of people, why am I the only "arrogant" person being singled out? d :

See what I mean. :T You don't even know me and you feel its perfectly acceptable for you to judge me. I would say you're not exactly objective or unbiased considering you probably feel obligated to back up Jim and take his side of things after I disagreed with him about a few things.

For whatever reason, it would seem a lot of people cant cope with someone disagreeing with them or telling them they're wrong about something. They take it personally and react with hostility then strain themselves to invent reasons to justify their uncool behavior.

If someone proves me wrong about something, or if I make a mistake I admit it. Its over and done with & I move on.

But, a lot of people would seem to have an absolutist mentality where they feel entitled to pretend they have all the answers and that someone disagreeing with them is a form of attack & a religious holy war is the only logical response to it...

And, even if I was arrogant - so what? So are a lot of people, why am I the only "arrogant" person being singled out? d :

You've got some unhealthy obsession with Jim, Mate. He's not even about the forums any more, calm down.

You made the thread about you, so I am commenting. You're talking about how people get upset when others disagree with them and here you are getting upset over me disagreeing with you.

lulz.

You've got some unhealthy obsession with Jim, Mate. He's not even about the forums any more, calm down.

You made the thread about you, so I am commenting. You're talking about how people get upset when others disagree with them and here you are getting upset over me disagreeing with you.

lulz.

You're totally, utterly and absolutely wrong. :x

I LOVE people who can disagree with me, intelligently.

That's one of my favorite things in the entire world & the reason I waste so much time discussing and debating issues - to find people who can do it.

In your case, saying I have an "obsession" with Jim and saying I'm "upset" for someone disagreeing with me makes me think you're trying wayy too hard.

If I'm obsessed with Jim its because hes a sexy beast and I have closet homo tendencies and that's it. There would be no other reason for it.

:trollita:

But, am I really obsessed with him or anyone?

I think people I'm obsessed with would be moreso people like.... Lewis Mumford or Jesus.

But, eh, who knows... :x

You said you do not like to start it and that it's usually is the atheists who bring up religion. This is the third time you have brought religion up in a thread that had nothing to do with it, oh dear

I am very talented, beautiful, charismatic, and intelligent enough to at least spot such an overt attempt to bait me, darling

fw2emu.jpg

Richard dont bother and reply bro. There are cliques here on FFF and they will defend eachother like bees in a hive.

Also in spam this thread will be shred to pieces.

You know how you are and IMO I never had the feeling you are the arrogant type. Quite the opposite. You made many interesting threads and intelligent conversations.

Keep it up (y)

I used to be gullible as fuck till I got backstabbed hard. I learned my lesson and it changed me. Even family cant be trusted at times.

I take everything with a pinch of salt. I just let them fakers be. Its pointless to waste energy and time.

They be throwing racial slurs I physically attack. Sometimes you have to make them feel. That is the only way they can make me infuriated.

You said you do not like to start it and that it's usually is the atheists who bring up religion. This is the third time you have brought religion up in a thread that had nothing to do with it, oh dear

I am very talented, beautiful, charismatic, and intelligent enough to at least spot such an overt attempt to bait me, darling

:awesome:

Trust me, if I was baiting you, you would know it.

Meh. Is that courage wolf's brother? :T

Oh, wait. I'm religious - I'm not supposed to know what courage wolf is!

I guess, this is more of a religious style'?

jesusbird.jpg

Richard dont bother and reply bro. There are cliques here on FFF and they will defend eachother like bees in a hive.

Also in spam this thread will be shred to pieces.

You know how you are and IMO I never had the feeling you are the arrogant type. Quite the opposite. You made many interesting threads and intelligent conversations.

Keep it up (y)

I used to be gullible as fuck till I got backstabbed hard. I learned my lesson and it changed me. Even family cant be trusted at times.

I take everything with a pinch of salt. I just let them fakers be. Its pointless to waste energy and time.

They be throwing racial slurs I physically attack. Sometimes you have to make them feel. That is the only way they can make me infuriated.

Thanks! Alrite, maybe I'm not a complete weirdo, after all. Someone else may be able to empathize...

Let he who is without sin be punched in the face.

Punched in the face?!! :ohshit:

birth-of-a-super-villain.jpg

Uh, I didn't intend to sound threatening at all. :T

I don't feel negativity towards either of you.

In fact, I think I might like to man hug you Mal.

C'mere! (;

Ha. Is that really what you think of me, Drake? Don't sugar coat it, I can handle the troof.

Also, I can't help but notice both of you are atheists.

Were atheists waging a jihad war against religion, today?

Or, do both of you merely enjoy my company so much you decided to follow me around and stalk me? :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back