Hip Hop/Rap

You sir are buggin. You must not listen to his albums. His is a hustler he gives you singles that will sell his album and the real smart talk on the cd's. He even says money sex and violence romance for the street and you tell me im not gonna be top seller. He knows what he is doing he is the greatest rapper ever. Listen to his albums b4 u talk.
And you sir should use a spellcheck before you post. 'Buggin'? olololol please refrain from trying to sound 'gangsta' as you no doubt like to be called. I've heard Jay-Z and I though he was shit, and still is:gasp:
Are you gonna bust a cap in my ass now g?
My opinion differs from yours, hopefully that concept is not to difficult for you to accept.
Whether you like it or not, Jay-Z or HOVAH is commercial, he has no integrity. Sure he has plenty of financial success. However that doesn't equate to being a good 'artist'. Peter Noone and his pathetically useless band cupid's hermits or something like that were the best selling band in 1965, they sold more than the beatles, the stones and the doors, does that mean they are better? No.

And you sir should use a spellcheck before you post. 'Buggin'? olololol please refrain from trying to sound 'gangsta' as you no doubt like to be called. I've heard Jay-Z and I though he was shit, and still is:gasp:
Are you gonna bust a cap in my ass now g?
My opinion differs from yours, hopefully that concept is not to difficult for you to accept.
Whether you like it or not, Jay-Z or HOVAH is commercial, he has no integrity. Sure he has plenty of financial success. However that doesn't equate to being a good 'artist'. Peter Noone and his pathetically useless band cupid's hermits or something like that were the best selling band in 1965, they sold more than the beatles, the stones and the doors, does that mean they are better? No.

That was straight racist. N did you ever hear of short hand buddy. No one is trying to sound gangsta, you just sound stupid and stereotypical. Jay-Z is the best many ppl agree. I am one of those ppl. Not on any type of band wagon, the man just puts out good music. And who r u to call anyone patheic and useless. What have you done that's so great? I dont even you have a life. Just because you cannot relate to Jay-Z doesnt mean he sucks. You suck. And like J said if you dont like my hits you can press fast forward.

Alright, please refrain from insulting each other. That is all I ask. Opinions are opinions. You just have to learn to abide by them, but we will not tolerate insults at each other. Thank you.

On topic, I don't really know much about Jay-Z but heard a few songs from him. I don't really care much for his music, but that's really because I don't care much for rap in general.

I'm pretty much in the same boat, I've only heard Encore by Jay-Z and that's not even good to be honest. Rap is just generally nonsense to me, it isn't music in my opinion and takes no talent.

I don't really like hip-hop/rap either, but I can listen to it. Some of the songs my friends listen to have good beats/rhythms, so I can listen to them if they're catchy. That's how I am with most genres, but with rap music the flow of the songs can be appealing too. As long as it's not about stroking up some whores or smoking tree or anything like that, I'm fine.

I listen to Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Big Boy, Busta Rhyme, and Snoop Dog. But Lil Wayne mostly i like how he uses similies and metaphors to describe something or someone.

DON"T WANT!!!!

no but seriously i dont really like rap and that kind of stuff, they're just embarrasing themselves. "i was raised on the streets and im gonna pop a cap in yo ass"

no you werent, you probably come from a middle class family and shot a rat once with your cousins air rifle, stop faking it.

i don't mind it when they're not trying to be hard. Eminem's funny songs were good, i even had curtain call.

all i'll tolerate from that kinda stuff are classic's like bob marley (reggae i know)

If you don't like rap then that's okay you don't have to read this thread.

well i like raps, rap seems pretty good to me.

my favorite artist

eminem
kanye west
2pac
fort minor
50 cent
Snoop Dog
Jay-Z
it's funny you have only linked the "big guys" of rap.. i'm quite surprised you didn't say Xzibit, as he's probably considered as one of the best rappers in the world(i don't like him that much though)

i like Snoop Doggs RnB singing much more then his rap, but i suppose that's a matter of preference, can't say i like any of them though, i think Snoop Dogg has had his time, he's just complete and utter fail these days
heck, he needs Justin Timberlake to even get me to like his songs, i suppose that tells a lot of his situation

Fort Minor - ah yes, a partial white rap "band", definitely good, Styles of Beyond and Mike Shinoda are very good, Ryu from SoB is definitely a great asset as he has a very powerful voice for rapping(funny enough, it's yet another white guy getting praised)
though the main part of Fort Minor is still Mike Shinoda, who, in my opinion, is definitely one of the best white rappers currently active, if not the best(though i find Martial Tricoche better, but i'm not sure if he's still active, he's the main vocalist of Manau)

anyway, as i said, it's funny you said most of the big guys of rap, it only proves that rap is a weak genre

in Metal you can usually end up naming bands nobody ever heard of, and consider it your favorite, it's simply not possible in Rap anymore(i think Manau is really an exception on the rule)

the lyrics also are becoming more and more mainstream, it's all about parties, "bitches" or "hoes".. money, swearing and showing off your bling

for me, hip-hop is dead, there was a time i liked it, but now it's not my preference anymore

Eminem is really the only "mainstream" rapper is respect these days, but his music is dying as well..
i really enjoyed all his early work, from the funny ones, to the serious ones
he never really was like most of the other "big guys", he did swear often(in fact i think he swears more often then others), but it wasn't all about showing of your bling, cars, shooting people(the only thing i can really think of was when we lost one of the best rappers in the world - Proof from D12 - and he made a tribute to him in Like Toy Soldiers) or the other things

his clips were usually much more entertaining then the mainstream rap clips, making fun of others instead of showing "hey dude, look what i can buy cause i'm rich" shit

i really loved his empersonation of Britney Spears and Robin(from bat man)

on the subject of swearing, i think it's neccesary to true rap..
true rap is about putting your emotions on paper and spitting them out, and i bet all of us really say swearwords in their heads when they think about something they don't like

Last edited:
If you dont like rap don t come to this thread simple. Also immortal technique and akir are good.

If you dont like rap don t come to this thread simple. Also immortal technique and akir are good.

Sorry, who died and made you thread mod? I'll not listening to that until an admin or mod say otherwise :monster:

Anyway, I forgot about Eminem :O
The only songs I liked by him were, ' Toy Soldiers' (albeit its just a cover version with added bits), 'Mockingbird' and 'When I'm gone' because they all have meanings behind the song and aren't just all that shizzle ma nizzle rap crap which most of rap is.

Last edited:
on the subject of swearing, i think it's neccesary to true rap..
I don't, it is mostly commercial rappers who feel the need to swear so them seem edgy and controversial so that people will buy their CDs. I have nothing against swearing in songs, but it isn't necessary.
Merc is right, who do you think you are Mr WorldWide? Just because we don't share the same beliefs as you do doesn't make our opinions any less valid. We ain't haters homie, please don't 'bust a cap in out grill g'.
Although Immortal Technique isn't all that bad.

Nobody in this thread has mentioned ICP.....:wacky:

I don't mind Hip Hop/Rap, but I don't go out of my way to listen to it either. Most of my exposure to it comes from my brother, and except for a few good songs I'm usually glad when he turns it off :P

I do like ICP though, excellent comedy, makes me cry with laughter.

*Checks Itunes*

Lil' Wayne
Fort Minor
50 cent
Jedi mind tricks
Ludacris
2 Pac
Jay z
Eminem
Biggie
Big L
Run DMC
G Unit
Flo Rida
Chingy
Nas
Plies
Yung Joc
Young Jeezy
Bow Wow
Dj Khaled
P Diddy

I could do this all day Hip Hop and RnB is all i Listen to these days

I love Army Of The Pharaohs from the American crews,Fortified Concept,Artemis/Euthimis(TerrorXcrew),Living Dead,Alfa Gama and G.i.ant.s. from the Greek crews.

I don't mind normal rap. What I hate is gangsta rap from da hood yo. If you're gonna rap, it should mean something.

An example of this is MGK and his song "Invincible". This is easily one of my favorite songs ever, and it's rap. He's rapping about the struggles he went through in his life and how he survived and is now invincible. That song has a purpose. It's not some song about finding a girl at a club. It's inspirational.

I also liked "Hate Me Now" by NAS. Hehe, The Miz. Anyway, I very much dig this song as well. I listen to it regularly.

Tupac was also pretty damn good. His music wasn't mindless either. It had a purpose to it.

Last edited:
Machine Gun Kelly?

lol I dont like his music at all tbh. He never seemed to make serious music to me. Always partying and shit and crazyness.

Give me:

Kendrick Lamar
Cyhi the prynce
Asap Rocky
King Louie
Roscoe Dash
Schoolboy Q
occasionally a lil Ab Soul
Big K.R.I.T.!!!!!!!

more but Im kicking it with these guys lately..hate commercial crap.

Back