Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster - March 18th Countdown and Celebration!

Say Cash Cow one more time.. *raises fist* :P

cash-cow.jpg

:wacky:

I overlook it even though I find it dishonest, simply out of respect of SquareEnix. Business is business after all.
Doesn't make it anymore ethical though; I'd love to see SE follow Nintendo's example and be awesome to their fans.

You mean like Pokemon? The biggest cash cow of our generation?

BACK ON TOPIC :rage: :britt:

What?

Nintendo gives it's fans everything they want. Except for a remake of Ocarina of Time- that's like Nintendo's version of SE's FFVII remake.

But Nintendo dishes out what it's fans want; look at the remakes they have made, down to Zelda, Mario, and Donkey Kong.

They bring that shit. Like a boss.
Square Enix needs to follow that example.

What? Nintendo gives it's fans everything they want.

What's not to get? Pokemon - a franchise that is continually rinsed for every penny. You just mentioned cash cows which I thought was rather strange when the company you are trying to praise is almost infamous for a lack of creativity in the last 2 decades. :grin:

Maybe they do give fans everything they want but maybe the reasons they don't have more fans than they currently do is because those franchises are stale as and should have been ended when they were originally intended to (like Pokemon after Gold/Silver etc)

What?

Nintendo gives it's fans everything they want. Except for a remake of Ocarina of Time- that's like Nintendo's version of SE's FFVII remake.

Let's face it, Twilight Princess is majorly a OoT remake, just like OoT was a LttP remake. Sure they change the overworld and other things, but they're incredibly similar in a million ways. I'm a huge Zelda fan by the way.

Also, OoT has had a remaster for 3DS and is absolutely perfect on that platform. Better graphics, controls, inventory system, overall performance, 3D-ness that actually works etc.

I agree though, Nintendo definitely gives its fans what they want. There's no question there.

Still, SE has given its fans what they want here too. FFX is hugely popular among the fanbase and the majority of people consider it one of the greats (others being 4-9, excluding 5). There's more content for a load of people, a new soundtrack, improved graphics. They put a lot of effort into this remaster unlike (for example) the J&D trilogy or DMC trilogy where the graphics were just made smoother and shifted out. :)

What's not to get? Pokemon - a franchise that is continually rinsed for every penny. You just mentioned cash cows which I thought was rather strange when the company you are trying to praise is almost infamous for a lack of creativity in the last 2 decades. :grin:

Maybe they do give fans everything they want but maybe the reasons they don't have more fans than they currently do is because those franchises are stale as and should have been ended when they were originally intended to (like Pokemon after Gold/Silver etc)

A 'cash cow' has different contexts.

And the context I am using it in is as follows: a low down, scheming money grabber, like a spinoff to a movie or inspired art.
And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Also, what happened to Pokemon is that you got older.

I'm glad that you have zeal for a FF remake, but don't project that on me. I'm simply expounding- by the way, I don't know how it's off topic either. Is broadening a topic being off topic?

And the context I am using it in is as follows: a low down, scheming money grabber, like a spinoff to a movie or inspired art.
And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that that is what Nintendo did with Pokemon :ffs: . They have said on numerous occasions that they planned to end the franchise originally after yellow and then after gold/silver but due to the immense success decided it would be foolish to end such a financially viable franchise even though they had no plans for the franchise and that they were unsure they could improve upon it.. Sounds like a cash cow to me.

And i'm not a moderator so i'm not the one to ask that question to, but i've been told about going off-topic for much slighter deviations from the main subject than our current one :mokken: - Ask Mr Sprout. The original topic is the FFX Rerelease - not Nintendo :britt:

It's technically off-topic, but it's a pretty natural spin-off from the original topic, so it's fine. Just don't chase the white rabbit too far down the hole, if you catch my metaphorical meaning.

Let's face it, Twilight Princess is majorly a OoT remake, just like OoT was a LttP remake. Sure they change the overworld and other things, but they're incredibly similar in a million ways. I'm a huge Zelda fan by the way.

Also, OoT has had a remaster for 3DS and is absolutely perfect on that platform. Better graphics, controls, inventory system, overall performance, 3D-ness that actually works etc.

I agree though, Nintendo definitely gives its fans what they want. There's no question there.

Still, SE has given its fans what they want here too. FFX is hugely popular among the fanbase and the majority of people consider it one of the greats (others being 4-9, excluding 5). There's more content for a load of people, a new soundtrack, improved graphics. They put a lot of effort into this remaster unlike (for example) the J&D trilogy or DMC trilogy where the graphics were just made smoother and shifted out. :)

TP is not really a remake to OoT.
It is obviously inspired by it, but that's it.

OoT might have a remake, but not a true remaster. I mean, it is a 64 game, the first 3D Zelda- making it on the 3DS is a bit redundant- it's not even commensurate to FFIV being remade on the DS.
Give it the likes of a GC generation game, and then we're talking.

I understand that FFX is one a lot of fans are in love with, but it cannot reach the sentiment that remaking a PSX FF would have- Nintendo has done this with SNES games, SE should be doing the same with PSX.

It's technically off-topic, but it's a pretty natural spin-off from the original topic, so it's fine. Just don't chase the white rabbit too far down the hole, if you catch my metaphorical meaning.

^good moderation 101
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that that is what Nintendo did with Pokemon :ffs: . They have said on numerous occasions that they planned to end the franchise originally after yellow and then after gold/silver but due to the immense success decided it would be foolish to end such a financially viable franchise even though they had no plans for the franchise and that they were unsure they could improve upon it.. Sounds like a cash cow to me.

And i'm not a moderator so i'm not the one to ask that question to, but i've been told about going off-topic for much slighter deviations from the main subject than our current one :mokken: - Ask Mr Sprout. The original topic is the FFX Rerelease - not Nintendo :britt:

What you are failing to understand is that they continued to put good work into it.
HD-ing games left and right is not commendable, not in the way SE has done it.
Nintendo has built old games from the ground up, from old gen to utterly new gen.

What you are failing to understand is that they continued to put good work into it.
HD-ing games left and right is not commendable, not in the way SE has done it.
Nintendo has built old games from the ground up, from old gen to utterly new gen.

Really? Outside of Japan it's no 'fluke' that interest in franchises like Pokemon have dropped since Gen 2 etc. I'd argue that if the franchises were being improved on then interest should be increasing not decreasing.

HD remakes are commendable if the demands are there - i'd argue it's less immoral than making the consumer think they are playing a new game when they are not. How much of marios resources are used over and over for example? I don't think anyone is under the illusion that FFX-HD is a 'NEW' game.

Don't ever underestimate how different our culture is to the East.

Did you know that FFXII is considered one of the best games ever made over there?
Imagine IGN dishing out a perfect 10 to FFXII- that's literally what it is over in Japan.

So don't get it all twisted, their interests are different then ours. Japan catered to us in that regard. My brother is 15 and has followed Pokemon from X/Y down to gold/silver where he started (I made him play yellow because. well, that's my duty as an older bro :))

It's good shit, I have little beef with the Pokemon enterprise.

March 18th is my birthday, and like, everything is releasing on that day this year. I feel so special.

I'm actually in the process of replaying FFXIII right now and I doubt I'll stop for FFXHD but it's on my list for what to play afterwords. I might still buy/download on day 1.

Oddly enough I find myself being more interested in replaying X-2 than X. X is great, I already know it is and I don't need better graphics to help me appreciate it (though I will happily take them). But X-2 was just such a shock I never finished it even though the battle system and J-Pop atmosphere were kinda fun. Then again, FFX was the first Final Fantasy I played, so back then I had no idea what I was doing and had to gameshark my way through to reach the ending, my party was so underleveled and unequipped. It'll be nice to legitimately beat the thing this time around.

Ooooh... I decided to speed up my shipping. Instead of the supersaver shipping, I changed to standard.

I'm not going to get time to pop into GS to get this, so yeah... I'm willing to spend 5 quid to get this game faster.

The nostalgi-feels are just too powerful :sad3:

I will most likely be asleep early so I will announce early.

4...4 days people till the release of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster in North America and Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7 more days until the release in Europe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blitzball anyone???

The new trailer from Square Enix in anticipation for the release of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster.
If you can, watch it in 1080p mode for the best view. Actual game will be a little better, as the source from your PS3 and or Blu-Ray is better than YouTube:

As a reminder, fans are invited to the Opening Reception of the Official FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster Gallery Exhibit at Gallery Nucleus (210 E Main Street Alhambra, CA) this Saturday, March 15 from 2:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. PDT. The exhibit’s opening reception will be a gala to remember, as Producer Yoshinori Kitase and Art Director Yusuke Naora will be on site to sign the first 200 copies of FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster purchased. Proceeds from the sale of the artwork that will be available for purchase at the event will be donated to charity relief efforts to aid the victims of Typhoon Haiyan.

The exhibit will run from Saturday, March 15 through Wednesday, March 26. For more details regarding the event, please visit the official Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/events/528162377297104/

Back