Final Fantasy IX on PlayStation Network: “Look forward to next week!” [3/26]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
FF9-PSN-Strong-Hints.jpg

Square Enix has already said that they’re “looking into” releasing Final Fantasy IX on the PlayStation Store, but today brings much greater assurance that it may actually arrive.

Square Enix producer Shinji Hashimoto has been on the Square Enix Members Japan Twitter account recently collecting opinions. In an update earlier today, he wrote: “Thanks to everyone for your opinions on Final Fantasy IX. Regarding an Final Fantasy IX download release, everyone is so passionate about it that I’ll be proposing it at the next board meeting. Look forward to next week!”

Next week? I guess he’ll be proposing the idea pretty soon. Even if he is just proposing it, how hard is it to get a downloadable version of the PSone game on the store, anyway? I think we’ll see it sooner rather than later.

In other news, Final Fantasy Versus XIII planning director Yuuchi Kanemori also wrote on the Twitter account, saying: “Recently, I finished FF13 and am taking a breather. From here, I’ll be putting my full strength behind FF Versus XIII.”

Source: ScrawlFX

From what this sounds like - the idea of putting FFIX on PSN hasn't seem to have hit the top executives of SE despite what an obvious route it would be after FFVII and FFVIII. Hashimoto sounds like he is going to drop the bombshell on them next week.

I'm glad that FFIX may be heading to PSN, completing the PSone-era FF set. I have it already so I'm not really excited about it. But FFIX is a great FF game and if it finds some love from a new audience, I'm all up for it.

It's the one I've always wanted for PSN. My first CD is broke and I can't play the game at a certain point, so the prospect of being able to download it is fantastic news. Besides, you can't really find it in the shops nowadays.

I am really really happy that they will go through with this. I have pretty much no doubt they will.
This is brilliant news for me as someone who is dying to play more of the PS1 era of FF. I have played FF7-9 but they were rented from a store and I was so young I didn't fully grasp it's awesomeness. Now I get another chance to play these games.
Now to get a PS3 and the PSN....

Awesome. FF9 was one of my favourite FF games and I've been having a blast with FF7 that I recently downloaded.

I am surprised that it has to be brought up though. It just seems natural to me that they would release all of the PS1 games since they released 7 and 8 in quick succession.

I have a question, just short and sweet and to the point, so here goes:

If I get a PSP, would I be able to get FFIX from PSN? I'm kinda new when it comes to stuff like this, and I don't know if buying a PSP now is worth it. But if I'm able to play it on the PSP, I'll definitely try to get it because it'll be worth the purchase. Such an awesome story, I've been wanting to actually FINISH the game. Disc 3 was too scratched when I last played it. Bummer!

PS: +Rep to the person who responds first!

Yeah, just get a PSN account if you haven't already and then access Playstation Store, providing you have money in your 'wallet' you can buy it, then after it downloads and installs it'll be in the memory stick section of 'game' ready to play :monster:

Oh yes! My disc of final fantasy IX is long gone(can not find it) So this makes me really happy that it is coming out fast! Also to hear that everything is being focusedn on Versus Now makes me Happy! :awesome:

I'm quite chuffed about this, I have been wanting FFIX for the past few years but nowhere here sells it anymore and mother has a thing about me buying things from ebay. So this will finally give me a chance to play it :) yay!

this will be in my next (game to get list) before that its the new pokemons :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back