FFXIII gets 360-exclusive UK TV ad [3/3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
ffxiii61.jpg

Square Enix has just sent us the UK TV ad for Final Fantasy XIII.

The promo shows new segments from the RPG not seen in previous trailers. And Leona Lewis.

The US TV ad was revealed last month, which showed the 360 version only. It’s the same with the UK spot as well.

Final Fantasy XIII releases on PS3 and Xbox 360 in an EU/US sim-ship on Tuesday. Needless to say, we’re pumped.

Source: VG247

Seen this ad yesterday on tv, I almost wee'd :wacky: Ads are allll over the buses as well

Then I was like, wheres's the PS3 mention :rage:

Eh, who cares, roll on Tuesday

Edit* Why is this even news? It's just an advert. I swear they spend far too munch time announcing crap than DOING crap

Last edited:
I'd say this is slightly better than the US advert. But still, that godawful song...
They're only advertising it for the 360 because of that fiasco with the screenshots. The PS3 version is perfectly capable of selling by itself without any awful adverts. XD

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SO EXCITED!!!! AHHHHHHHH i'm not gonna sleep on the 8th gonna be too pumped up and i like the song :) i have it on my ipod

oh also the reason they show it as a 360 ad is because it will sell far more on ps3!

I saw it during the highlights of the Man Utd v Villa game :wacky:

The PS3 version is perfectly capable of selling by itself
This. There's no reason for SONY to spend a lot on adverts, going on previous Final Fantasy sales, the game WILL sell on the PS3 regardless of advertising, whereas, with M$oft their's no guarantee. SONY are probably more concerned with advertising Heavy Rain, God of War III etc.

Yippee!!! Im going to wee myself when I see it on TV XD Seen it on some buses which is coolio. I buzzed when the Muse Absolution tour was advertised on TV, my phone wouldnt stop ringing cause people seen it and were screaming my name rofl. Think it may happen again XD

Yup, I've just seen it on TV. That was slightly bizarre - it's certainly not something I've seen every day up until now. It's nothing special - like a lot of typical western game advertisements. I still don't like hearing My Hands in the background - but the footage was alright.

The fact that it's only for the 360 doesn't seem to puzzle me that much at all. Considering a majority of 360 gamers stereotypically have not explored the FF games or the JRPG genre that much - advertising FFXIII like this seems like the apparent plan.

What a horrid announcer voice :wacky:

And ya, the only other FF game i've ever seen advertised was FF3 for DS :hmmm: and as Ryan and Martel have said, Sony doesn't need to advertise FF13. All the other sony FF games have sold very well without the need for adverts while on xbox, it's shaky ground for FF to be on xbox :hmmm:

i think i may orgasm upon seeing it oon TV ><

how ever got awful liona lewis is i kind of like the song, though my ears are shadowed by my brain shouting FF everytime i hear it

I remember the last FF advertisement on TV being FFIX, god that was ages ago!

Although I don't watch TV much nowadays so I probably won't see the advert other than on youtube, or maybe on a bus tomorrow :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back