FFX General Discussion

I came to Zanarkand Cloister of Trial and killed Spectral Keeper. And then Lady Yunalesca battle - first form was easy, second was a little hard, but third was really hard. I tried everything but It didn't work out, so I stopped playing this game.

Final Fantasy games are long and It takes 4ever to beat them.

But that's what makes them so much fun :lew: I enjoy long games with amazing stories, so Final Fantasy is good. I absolutely hated the Lady Yunalesca battle. I got lucky I was able to beat her on my first try. I was basically dead and everybody else was zombified. Dunno how I managed that :P Really FFX will only take you about 50 hours at most to beat, but more if you go do all of the rest of the things like getting the Celestial Weapons and collecting all of the monsters for that monster carnival sort of thing later on.

While I agree with Drak about the Yunalesca battle being a real pain in the ass, it was one of the harder boss battles of the game, and probably one of the most challenging. I didn't like how she would inflict that zombie status hurter on my peeps. :hmph:.
However, I do feel that it really made you think about the next few steps and such.

Spoilers

I actually didn't find Yunalesca battle that difficult. It was one of the few main boss battles I beat on my first attempt. Third encounter with Seymoure damn that took me four tries and I had to level up like hell before I finally won. Even Spectral keeper took me two tries because of that damn berserk! I didn't have any anti-zombie stuff equipped and I didn't even feel that zombie was a problem in this fight. With hastega and Rikku I kept curing my other heroes. If I'm not completely wrong Yunalesca casts regen to the zombie characters so use holy water and let the regen heal you.

And I played the game all the way inside sin without much grinding (excluding the grind at Mt. Gagazet before Seymoure). I got my ass kicked by BFA so I went on and got the celestial weapons (but only fully upgraded Masamune) and after that BFA was a piece of cake.

yea i also found the Gagazet Seymour battle a toughie. He hits twice in a row sometimes, i usually just get all my Aeons overdrive bars ful then instapwn him now, but the first tried to take him down i had no idea what i was doing with the sphere grid so the teams stats were all over the place.

I leveled up Yuna a great deal on the White Magic before I fought that cunt :hmph:

Even then, I still lost :raye: I tried like three times before I figured out his battle style, which I can't really say anymore, because I haven't played the game in forever.

Spoilers

I actually didn't find Yunalesca battle that difficult. It was one of the few main boss battles I beat on my first attempt. Third encounter with Seymoure damn that took me four tries and I had to level up like hell before I finally won.

Is that the one in the snow/Mt Ga? I hated that. Took me ages the first time I played though.
I found the Wyrm Evrae guardian thing the most annoying as well. I hate to spend a good couple hours on the aircraft leveling lulu each playthrough before attempting that. Though I guess thats the point of the encounters on the airship now isn't it? ;)

Is that the one in the snow/Mt Ga? I hated that. Took me ages the first time I played though.
I found the Wyrm Evrae guardian thing the most annoying as well. I hate to spend a good couple hours on the aircraft leveling lulu each playthrough before attempting that. Though I guess thats the point of the encounters on the airship now isn't it? ;)

That would be the third one. I died once and said "fuck it" and spammed Bahamut on him. The last Seymour fight was such a pushover because I had all the celestial weapons so I destroyed him.

That would be the third one. I died once and said "fuck it" and spammed Bahamut on him. The last Seymour fight was such a pushover because I had all the celestial weapons so I destroyed him.

Right. Obviously I don't remember the end of this game as I never bother to finish it in playthroughs. And on a more offtopic note, the celestial weapons and 'fuck it' really do mix well together. I think I only bothered getting Lulu's and Khimari's once then never bothered again. Tidus' gave me the most frustration though. sigh.

Right. Obviously I don't remember the end of this game as I never bother to finish it in playthroughs. And on a more offtopic note, the celestial weapons and 'fuck it' really do mix well together. I think I only bothered getting Lulu's and Khimari's once then never bothered again. Tidus' gave me the most frustration though. sigh.

Oh God, wasn't his the chocobo racing? -__- I remember getting so damn frustrated with that. I don't think I ever want to do it again :gasp2: Oh well, it was (somewhat) worth it. I didn't even bother with Khimari's. Lulu's I gave up on after I screwed up on the lightning because my eyes started tweaking out on me from the flashing and I lost focus. Wanted to finish Wakka's, but I was too lazy to play another 10 or 20 blitzball games to get the tournament with the sigil.

Oh God, wasn't his the chocobo racing? -__- I remember getting so damn frustrated with that. I don't think I ever want to do it again :gasp2: Oh well, it was (somewhat) worth it. I didn't even bother with Khimari's. Lulu's I gave up on after I screwed up on the lightning because my eyes started tweaking out on me from the flashing and I lost focus. Wanted to finish Wakka's, but I was too lazy to play another 10 or 20 blitzball games to get the tournament with the sigil.

True that. Blitzball was fun for..about 10 min. Then just tedious. FFX-2 was worse. I didn't really understand that.

I believe Lulu's Thunderplains thing is the original of my twitch to bright lights. ;)

Chocobo Racing in This game :rage: trying to get time to 0 and beat the guy double :rage:

But seriously after I got the "most powerful weapons" I realized they didn't even help you in the end! I mean common the worst weapons in any FF game came from this game... now the final... what do they call them... limits? or whatever...those were pretty awesome.

Chocobo Racing in This game :rage: trying to get time to 0 and beat the guy double :rage:

But seriously after I got the "most powerful weapons" I realized they didn't even help you in the end! I mean common the worst weapons in any FF game came from this game... now the final... what do they call them... limits? or whatever...those were pretty awesome.

Yes, getting the weapons is just for show. I would personally prefer defeating a hard enemy or something which doesn't require throwing a controller at your new LCD. I don't remember any of the limits..:S

I honestly had a lot of fun with Blitzball :lew: But in order to get the sigil quicker I had to reset my team, and that only made it harder because I lost because everyone sucked and I didn't have my better team. So I gave up on it.

I honestly had a lot of fun with Blitzball :lew: But in order to get the sigil quicker I had to reset my team, and that only made it harder because I lost because everyone sucked and I didn't have my better team. So I gave up on it.

Bad luck. Why did you reset your team?

i had a fail copy of FFX but i recently got it again damn those monster arena bosses are hard hes a good question who dislikes or likes blitz ball and for what reasonXD

Dislike it at the minute because i cant win :( kinda made me go off playing it, but i am playing like 3 FF's, gunna just concentrate on one at a time i think FFXIII being the first :D

Dislike it at the minute because i cant win :( kinda made me go off playing it, but i am playing like 3 FF's, gunna just concentrate on one at a time i think FFXIII being the first :D

Winning earlier games are a combination of Jecht's shot, hiding in a corner and passing between defenders. :D Then it gets too easy later on.

Bad luck. Why did you reset your team?

When you reset the entire Blitzball stuff you can just keep doing it till you get the prize you want for the tournament (in my case the sigil). But that's only if just resetting the game doesn't work for it. Which it didn't for me :\

When you reset the entire Blitzball stuff you can just keep doing it till you get the prize you want for the tournament (in my case the sigil). But that's only if just resetting the game doesn't work for it. Which it didn't for me :\

Reset what exactly? I don't remember the mechanics. So you reset the entire blitzball game (ie teams, tournaments etc) in hoping the sigil would turn up in one of the tournaments? Gosh..

Yes that :gasp: Otherwise you just soft reset the game until it shows up. Which it didn't because I messed something up after I finished the previous tournament for one of Wakka's overdrive moves.

Back