FFVII Remake: Pre-ordering or waiting? Which Edition?!

Which edition are you getting?!

• Total voters

Mitsuki

Veteran
Gil
Chocobo Egg
Chocobo Egg
Barry the Behemoth
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Anyone pre-ordering the FF7 Remake?! Maybe you already did and would like to let us know which edition you’re going with: Standard ($59.99), Deluxe ($79.99), or 1st Class ($329.99)?!

NA: https://sqex.link/c7a2f
EU: https://sqex.link/adac8

Or are you waiting until game release?

Either way, here’s a voting poll for the community!

Intending on reserving the Deluxe sometime this week along with Animal Crossing don't judge me.

My brother sent me a screenshot of him already purchasing the 1st Class set. It's just so expensive! I know it could have been much worse but...!
Anyway, he is a massive hoarder collector and FF7 was his favorite, so I understand why! Curious if anyone else opted for the 1st class!

Those ball-jointed figures - I dunno man, I don't like the way they look. Anyone else?

@DaggerTribal Why is your brother not here yet?! 👀

I haven’t pre-ordered but I plan to get the Deluxe too. When? Uh, not sure. Soonish.

I’m not interested in figures at all, so it’s not for me. Sorry Square Enix!

I intend to get the Deluxed Edition, but it is setting at a hefty £79.99 @ GAME - Waiting for other Retailers to list it so hopefully it will drop to £60.

I'm not really into Figures... much, so paying an extras £200 for the Cloud toy isn't my thing.

Last edited:
I plan to buy the Deluxe Edition, it has everything I really need: Seph steelbook and artbook! I mean it does include more but these are what I am really looking forward to get.

I really love Play Arts Kai figures (and poseable figures like figmas, too) but not for that high price. XD

Should I pre-order the Deluxe soon? I don't have the money for it right now but it seems (following some groups in Facebook, too) that most people want to pre-order the Deluxe Edition. Hope it won't be sold out before I can get it. ;___;
I usually don't buy games at launch/pre-order, but this game is a "must have" for me. ;3;

I'm going to spend forever kicking myself but FF7 was the first game I truly ever fell in love with and so I'll be getting the First Class Edition!

I'm taking it as a once in a lifetime kind of deal, wife has agreed and is allowing me to so just this once, I'm going to go big. I'lljust be kicking myself for the next six to eight months.

Last edited:
Geez, I looked at the Stdnard Edition and that alone is £60... I have it already Pre-ordered at Base for £39.99, it was the exact same issue with Kingdom hearts III. GAME has the standard Edition for £50+ and I got it for just above £35... I really want to support in-store retailers but at that price difference how can I?

Here's a link to the Standard Edition (£39.99):

I can vouch for Base, very reliable and don't take your money until they dispatch the product. Not seeing a listing for the Deluxe Edition Elsewhere other than GAME yet...

I'll be going with the standard edition personally. I don't think I've ever purchased collector's editions for myself, though I have had a few given to me as gifts (Final Fantasy XIII-2 by my now ex-wife and Fable III by my brother). As much as I love nerd swag, I've never been able to justify the added expense. Plus my financial status hasn't ever been great lol. I will probably pre-order though for the bonus goodies.

I am definitely getting the Deluxe Edition since it brings a few additions than just the standard game for an extra $20. The 1st Class Edition is too expensive for me. The only difference that the 1st Class Edition has from the Deluxe Edition is Cloud's Art figurine and the Carbuncle summon. So basicly you are paying an extra $250 for those two things.

I really like figurines, but the 1st Class Edition is quite pricey >_< Although I haven't seen my local retailers offering the 1st Class edition so I don't think I could get it without it being delivered from overseas (which would be even more pricey).

I'll definitely be going for the Deluxe Edition though. I want that artbook and mini-soundtrack!

As much as I want to get the 1st edition just because its FF7, I think I will settle on the Deluxe as well.Personally, the action figure isn't worth the 260$ extra for me.

Last edited:
I have pre-ordered the first class edition, i will worry about the money coming put at the time hahaha

I was saving up for a PS4 Pro, in hopes they would put out some Final Fantasy VII-themed edition. So I had enough ready for that 1st Class when it was announced.

• Haha
Reactions: Six
I want the Deluxe Edition, but I mean-- I can't even afford the standard edition so, yeah. I'm going to probably wait until I've watched a walkthrough on youtube before I even think about spending $60 on a game I'm not sure I'll even fully enjoy. Even then, I'll probably buy it when it goes on sale, whenever that is.

Another thing is: I'm still not sure where the story is going, so I'm not sure I would even pre-order it even if I had the money unless I felt I had a good idea of what was going to happen. Cloud's portrayal, the exclusion of the crappy compilation, the way they handle the love triangle--that's al very important to me. I figure if part 1 does all that good, then I'll def find a way to pre-order next time.

I intend on Pre-ordering the Deluxe Edition shortly after Christmas. There seems no point in ordering this early. I don't collect figurines so the 1st Class Edition I just cannot justify in anyway, though as a kid I always did want the original version of that iconic figure. I really hope the Carbuncle summon is available via other means as it would suck if it ended up being purely 1st Class Edition exclusive.

Since this will probably be the first non-MMO FF game I play properly, just the standard at release :tearjoy: If it reviews well. I've learnt my lessons about pre-ordering games I'm even a little bit unsure about.

• Haha
Reactions: Six
I know people who preordered this ages ago but I haven't ordered mine yet...

I'd love all the stuff in the most expensive version, sure. I love Carbuncle (one of my favourite summons and the first one I ever wrote about for the Mythology Manual), but I can't really justify that insane price for it. I hope Carbuncle will be released as DLC at a later date.

So I'll be between Deluxe and Standard.

That's for ordering a copy of the game.

I'm also going to wait for more details about KupoCon's special Remake launch party in London the night before the FFVII Remake's release. They are looking into having limited edition game cases there as well as the epic get together.

Still very divided on whether to get the Standard Edition for £40 or the Deluxe Edition for £80... The problem is the DE is a GAME/S-E Store Exclusive & they both have the SE @ £60... Which is an absurd price for a bare bones edition! But when you compare that version to the DE from their sales estimates, an additional £20 for the DE content is fine... Had I been able to get the DE @ £60 i'd be fine but due to the exclusivity it's locked at £80... and while I want that Steelbook, I don't think I can justify the extra DE Content when I have the SE for half the price.... Uggghhh...

I'm going to wait until a couple years after the release and only get it then if it goes on sale and the reviews are favorable. I believed too much of Square for XIII and got burned. (Fool me once, shame on you.) I believed too much of Square for XV and was mostly disappointed. (Fool me twice, shame on me.) Should I really trust them again? (Fool me three times, shame on Nomura no matter how you look at it.)

Bit later than most of you, but I have finally preordered FFVII.

I went for the Deluxe edition and I ordered it from Game so that I could get the steelbook stuff (thanks to Fil for telling me that this was my best option). I'm all sorted now then!

Big oof to my wallet though... I never spend £70+ on a game, but I'll be paying for an artbook and all sorts of other stuff so I guess that's okay.

Back