FFVII Remake lives! Teaser trailer reveals Aerith and tells us there is more to come in June

FFVII01.png

Having avoided the public light since 2015 like the world's deftest ninja, the spotlight is about to shine on Final Fantasy VII Remake this year. Kicking off is a short teaser trailer for the game broadcasted in Sony's State of Play stream. We have a more thorough look at Barret, Biggs, Wedge, Cloud and of course, we welcome Aerith to the team. The teaser trailer ends with the words: "more to come in June".

June of course is typically when E3 occurs, so while Sony may not be hosting their usual press conference this year, Square Enix have been more than happy to take up Sony's usual allotted time with its own broadcast. Expect to see more of Final Fantasy VII there - and hopefully Tifa too, else her fans will burst 90% of their blood vessels.

FFVII02.jpg

Speaking of Tifa, her name is in the party bar as Cloud and Barret are wrecking shop in the Sector 5 Reactor, but they sneakily omit to physically show Tifa's model. Sneaky, sneaky!

Nova Crystallis

Linnaete

Linnaete

The beast with the long tongue at 0.38...

Pretty sure that is Don Corneo's pet sewer monster, Aps.

latest

This increases the chances of Don Corneo not being entirely cut!

A decent tease, at least we know S-E are pushing the boat out this E3 with it finally :) It's something to be excited about, i think depending on the coverage upon the time, I will feel more hyped when I know precisely what's happening with it - The trailer still says PS4... But if this game is released in parts I can't see the entirity being released on PS4.

Saw this screenshot on Gematsu, not sure what Enemy that is.

It does look great though, can't fault it at all :)

Omg Cloud, Barret and Aerith look wonderful!!! I can't wait to see more about Sephiroth, Tifa and the others!*____*

Reactions: Six
A decent tease, at least we know S-E are pushing the boat out this E3 with it finally :) It's something to be excited about, i think depending on the coverage upon the time, I will feel more hyped when I know precisely what's happening with it - The trailer still says PS4... But if this game is released in parts I can't see the entirity being released on PS4.
View attachment 7355
Saw this screenshot on Gematsu, not sure what Enemy that is.

It does look great though, can't fault it at all :)

This screenshot confuses me as the monster which it resembles to me is Unknown from the Sunken Gelinka.

However, if this is the Sunken Gelinka and this is Unknown, that would be far, far further into the game than Episode I of the Remake should take us. It is a freaky self-contained little horror story... When the Gelinka sank, its cargo (genetically engineered monsters) broke free and caused chaos.

I doubt it can be this, but that's what my mind saw in the monster and the surroundings (creepy monster slime everywhere).

It'll more likely be a monster in a dirty part of Midgar.

My prediction was right about Aeris coming out in the next trailer. Did you guys remember what I said in one of the previous post that I have posted in the FF VII Remake thread? I posted a picture of one of the artwork that was shown at the FF VII 30th Anniversary Exhibition Event revealing Aeris at her house. I said that she will be revealed in the next trailer after seeing that picture. Here is the link of this post.

I’ve been observing this Final Fantasy VII Remake Art Panels that were revealed at the Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Exhibition event and from what I’ve seen there were some surprises in them. If you look closely at the bottom left artwork is a picture of Aeris's House. At the far back you can see Aeris standing what looks to be the kitchen. Here is a close look of the picture. This might mean that she might be reveal at the next trailer.

I'm glad to see this game coming along nicely. I like how Aeris looks in this game. She looks awesome! We might also get to see Tifa in action since her name appeared in the party but wasn't shown in the trailer. From what I saw from this trailer, it shows different scenes from different parts of the game. It starts off with the famous intro revealing non other than the Flower Girl herself, then it goes straight into the bombing mission, then we see a glimpse of the Aps boss fight at the sewer, and ends up at what it looks like to be at the Shinra building. We have to wait and see what will be revealed in June.

Last edited:
Back