Blitzball - Epic Or Dull?

• Epic

Votes: 93 52.8%
  • Dull

Votes: 69 39.2%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 14 8.0%

• Total voters
I didnt like it at first, but on my 2nd playthrough it was actually pretty fun. It was kind of easy though, just keep usin The Jecht shot.

Dull, very dull. It just kills me that I have to play it for Wakka's Celestial Weapon.

I've never liked sports games (don't like sports in general). So to me, playing a sports game on here annoyed me. It's the only bad thing about Final Fantasy X, this dumb mini-game.

I loved Blitzball. It was a little mini rpg within the game and I spent alot of time levelling up my players so they could destroy all the other teams. It was ridiculously addictive, though I can see why some people would hate it...it can get repetitive.

It was so-so. At times it was dull and other times it was epic. What I mostly liked about it was that you could recruit players, and build your own team. It got boring when you were occasionally outmatched. Every time I played, I just scired more tgan the cpu did, then swim into my goal. The entire opposing team would all go back to their side and just stay there:grin: It was great for leveling up my team.

I thought it was great fun and a very well thought out mini game. ^_^ It reminded me of a FF type FIFA. <3

Viva Triple Triad!
:cheer:

Triple Triad is my favorite mini-game!
As for Blitzball? I didn't get into it at ALL. My sister was super gung-ho about it, got Wakka's ultimate weapon and everything.
To me this is the worst part of FFX - I don't mind Blitzball, I played a few matches but I didn't really get into it like I did Triple Triad. For me Blitzball is almost TOO involved. I liked Triple Triad cause you could just walk up, press a button, play the mini-game and move on. Blitzball was a CHORE most of the time and the matches took forever.

You know i enjoyed it for awhile but after you get to the point where you are winning constantly its gets kinda boring but its a fun game

It is boring, couldn't get into it at all could even be bothered to read all the tutorials there was masses of text

i felt i could enjoy the game perfectly fine without it, i really wish they would bring the card games back i loved the card games lol

and anyway if i need something to do other then battle i can dodge lightning...:mad:

I would not call it epic but is fun when you get the gist of it.

For some reason dodging lightning was easy compared to the chocobo racing sidequest to get tidus ultimate armor.

I very much loved Blitzball, lots of fun and got me captivated. I think "epic" is too strong of a word to describe it, but it definitely was fun. It was like having something similar to FF8's card game, so that's one of the reasons I fell for it. I think if it was edited a little here and there, it could definitely come close to "epic".

I enjoyed blitzball more than I enjoyed the normal game. :ohshit:

I took players with highest base speed stat and used them constantly to upgrade. I demolished every team I faced without bothering with Tidus and his blitz specials.

But, at a point near the end of blitzball, it seemed as if the AI used cheap wtf tactics and methods to boost the difficulty factor. I don't think they did a good job implementing it & its broken. :ohshit:

I didn't like Blitzball when I first played the game to be honest, but then it grew on me, the more I understood how the game worked. I had patterns or "plays" after awhile, and I'd usually end up with some ridiculously high scores.

My only gripe was it was like it was being played on a floor, and not in a 3d enviroment like it was portrayed as in cut scenes. I wish you could go higher, lower etc. I think it would have added so much more to the game.

I didn't like Blitzball when I first played the game to be honest, but then it grew on me, the more I understood how the game worked. I had patterns or "plays" after awhile, and I'd usually end up with some ridiculously high scores.

My only gripe was it was like it was being played on a floor, and not in a 3d enviroment like it was portrayed as in cut scenes. I wish you could go higher, lower etc. I think it would have added so much more to the game.

I was a little disappointed with that, too. (Thanks for bringing it up, I totally didn't even think about it until now :wacky:) In the cutscenes, it shows this great shit like moving up/down, knocking people out of the pool, and stuff like that, and when I first saw it, I was kinda pumped, thinking I could do all this cool shit, when in reality, I can't. :hmph:

It's a nice distraction. Though, it's EASILY exploited in many ways. Not to mention, the talent consistency of certain teams becomes lost DIRECTLY after the tournament. 'LUCA GOERS ARE THE BEST TEAM EVER!' - 'AL-BHED PSYCHS ARE THE BEST TEAM EVER. WHO ARE THE GOERS AGAIN?' This is why I'd like a standalone Blitzball game with proper recruiting, stadiums, frenetic gameplay that ISN'T a series of badly disguised turn based fights that actually relies on aiming and reaction, etc. I'd love this because I'm a big sports fan, most notably Soccer.

Mini-game wise, one of the best in the FF series but after a while it just got really boring cause you just did the same thing over and over again to win.

The first time I played FFX I actually lost the tournament Final!! So the second time playing it i remember reloading the game like a b*tch until I won!!...Cyeahh, the extra tiny cut scene wasn't worth it!

Although the game did grow on me! I even went as far as looking up the free agent list on the internet for awesome players :p

WEDGE FTW :awesome:

The game was very much fun! I grew to be very good at it. However the first 5 times I played it was very, very painful for me to watch. Besaid would be winning and then stupid Wakka would come in last minute and they would lose. Of course I know now that Wakka isn't stupid, but at the time I was very frustrated that he had to replace Tidus when Besaid was winning and Wakka would lose.

The fact that I eventually got over the Blitzball and won was a great accomplishment for me. I enjoyed it a lot, but I don't find myself going to Luca just to practice Blitzball anymore. I simply go to play Blitzball if I happen to be passing through to the theater or sorts.

However the first 5 times I played it was very, very painful for me to watch. Besaid would be winning and then stupid Wakka would come in last minute and they would lose. Of course I know now that Wakka isn't stupid, but at the time I was very frustrated that he had to replace Tidus when Besaid was winning and Wakka would lose.

Awh poor Wakka >.< Not his fault he sucks at Blitzball! haha

Back