Blitzball - Epic Or Dull?

• Epic

Votes: 93 52.8%
  • Dull

Votes: 69 39.2%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 14 8.0%

• Total voters
I wouldn't say it was 'dull' but more or less a complete pain, I really, beyond belief, sucked at bliztball.

If I had understood it a little more and could actually play it I might have enjoyed it more, but I have seen people (like my brother and friends) play it really well and it's fun to watch someone who knows what they're doing.

Actually I decided to get the Jupiter sigil and thus played a decent amount of blitzball, once I recruited some decent players I found it much more enjoyable. Still a bit repetitive in parts and not that much effort was needed to level people up but still a very well made mini-game.

to me,it was epic at first but after getting the sigil for Wakka's ultimate weapon..........it started getting dull..........I did have all the best players,but for all the prizes in the game were almost completly useless (after getting the sigil).

Especially playing 10 minutes a game plus stoppages when you make a decision pass or shoot it kinda too the piss..........

Sometimes when I got into a game I wanted to get out...........games are too long..........

But it would've been better if they had certain ranks to attain or unlockable stuff relating to blitzball.................Would of enjoyed playing it more if they did............I honestly would rather play hours of blitzball rather than go out trying to kill dark aeons or capture fiends.

Shade the Game only goes for 5 minutes, the game clock ticks over at 0.5 seconde instead of the full second like inmost sports, so the game aint that long buddy.

I must have posted in here before?
Who cares! Blitz is ace, its a great little game and represents a change in how S-Soft(at the time) used the traditional leveling up system in FFX as well as the Sphere Grid.

Epic and my bestest mini game outside of Triple Triad.

Last edited:
compared to other minigames....

Super dull, main reason I'm not getting Wakka's maxed out celestial weapon, hours of passing to build exp no thanks.

it's relatively simple and while it can get boring after a while it's not as hard to figure out as other minigames.

Get brother as your midfielder and one of the best goalies along with Tidus and it's a breeze after a while.
So I would say it's epic.

I think I won 200 straight games along the way before I got tired and ended the game.

Blitzball would have been a fun extra, if the game wasn't broken. I mean, no matter how much invested into that mini-game, I ALWAYS lost. The AI was always ten steps ahead.
That and for an underwater game, It still feels like your on land, cuz you know, You can't swim up or down.

There is some Up and down movement you can see it in the AI mostly but it can occur when you use Tackle Slip........Incorporating a 3D game in blitzBall would ahve been a little hard for the old PS2to handle.

10 players

9 player movement by CPU + 1 Controlled player

Various status effects person: Poison Sleep Wither.

Poison accumulates every time it is inflicted.

10 HP gauges. HP is restored when not carrying the ball. Poison is involved if inflicited.

50 skills to account for relating to various % based chance shots,tackles,goalie.

Its alot more than Triple triad had involved or Tetra Master, and when you consider theamount of stuff in the game they did really well to cram it all in I reckon.

i enjoyed blitzball a lot on final fantasy 10, it was good to have a break here and there from the story line. i think they should have more of it or something similar in other final fantasy games in the future

Blitzball was a very enjoyment minigame, which will get boring if played all in one go. I normally would play once or twice mostly when i got to a new location, but as you level up it get's more challenging (or uber easy depending on your team) which make's it a fun game allround.

blitz ball is an epic game! i just it because you get to play in a giant bubble suspended in mid-air! it makes you wonder what's holding it up. right?

It is both. It starts out as Epic (there is nothing like winning that first match and getting Wakka the cup) but you have to play a ton of matches in order to get all the good stuff.

Same in x-2 it starts out as sorta fun but gets old fast.

Never played it in X-2 although I am close to the point where I can in my second playthrough...

I find it funny that Split Infinity whose faq I am using doesn't like blitzball...

I liked it in FFX..Although I realize there are differences in the two versions of it....for me crushing an opponent never gets old.

I've started playing it at the end of my game, just so I don't go and finish the game before I've done everything else. The more I play it, the more I like it, although I haven't actually won a game yet!

I haven't been liking it so far. Only because I have been having a hard time figuring it all out. lol. Never been good at sports games and anything dealing with numbers has me confused (like Triple Triad in FF8). But I think once I start getting used to it, I'll like it.

I think it's pretty epic. It took me a while to get around to it. About after the 4th playthrough, I caved in and said, "Well, I'll go ahead and play some of this 'Blitzball' minigame...thing."

At first, in Luca, I couldn't figure it out. I knew it was like Australian Futebol, but I still couldn't get the movements (and the math) down. I just skipped over it, realizing later that I missed some really cool stuff (and Wakka's Celestial Weapon, I think).

I went back about a month ago, and I spent all morning before work playing a few matches of Blitzball.

So...pretty much what everyone else said. They played the game, effed the Blitzball, then went back years later and decided to give it a try.

I like it. Even when you're stuck strategizing, it's still pretty fun. Sadly though, I find myself not playing optional mini-games much. I become too focused on leveling up to play Blitz.

Back