Blitzball - Epic Or Dull?

• Epic

Votes: 93 52.8%
  • Dull

Votes: 69 39.2%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 14 8.0%

• Total voters
It is an epic sidequest but with too good of a team it gets boring. I wish it was made to be a little more difficult. 5-aside was pretty boring too. I enjoyed the X-2 one more (the only thing I enjoyed more in X-2) but really you were just spectating it. But it was more fun with the formations and tactics and extra players.

Though I must say the ultimate team was:

Jamal
Zaltiz/Kyou
Ropp
Wakka/Tidus

Amazing team. To be honest, you can see how the Aurochs never won. they were shit.

One of the best Mini Games on a FF, if not the Best.

Showin the love to Blitzball!:drunk:

I never lose a game on my replays anymore, even the Luca game during the Yuna rescue is easier now that I've played the hell out of Blitzball. My team on most playthroughs:

Tidus
Ropp (same side as Tidus)
Jassu (center)
A Guado (can't remember his name, hes mainly for speed, opposite Tidus)
A defender whose opposite Ropp
Keepa (and sometimes a different guy, but usually Keepa)

My strat is simple........Jassu passes to Tidus, and he immediately Jecht Shot's from mid-field! This is of course after Tidus is ridiculously overpowered.

My early game strat is just to have Tidus work his way towards the goal before Jassu/the Guado passes to him, and Jecht Shot usually takes care of the rest. Jassu is a decent early defender, and coupled with Tidus (who is decent with some Techs) is a good initial defense. Ropp usually handles anyone who gets through.

Keepa is.....Keepa. He'll stop everything one game and give up 3 goals the next. It doesn't really matter though, Tidus scores about 6-9 times a game for the most part. Easy cheesy.

I would say epic.
You have to have Brother on your team.He's nearly invincible once you build him up a little.
One of the best minigames ever...probably second in my view to the triple triad.

I HATED Blitzball.
It was so confusing and I could never win.
I never took the time to really learn how to play in Luca and just lost without trying much as I didn't like it.

I suck at blitzball, so I really don't know. If I was a total pro that could wash out every player there was (moahaha), I would probably say epic! As it is now, I.....don't know.

Blitzball is pretty fun once you recruit some good players and level up your team a bit. But once you go for Wakka's overdrive and sigil and you have to play games over and over, it gets pretty boring imo. But overall it's a fun sidequest, so I guess I'll say epic.

i loved it. at first just to get the piece for waka's ultimate weapon but it became a fun way to burn my gil

Being a lover of sports games and RPG's, i definitely loved Blitzball. It was Epic. The strategy really lies in what players you pick up. I checked out the back of my FFX guide and it shows me the statistics of each player and how much better they will get. It's getting a bit dull at the moment considering all my characters are only level 20 and i win every game 8-0. The best strategy i found was to find defense with good attack and pass. Midfielder with good pass and tackle, and forwards with good shoot and endurance. Tidus's Jecht shot is very over powered. I still enjoy playing it even though i'm at the end of the game. The rewards are worth it some of the time, especially for Wakka's overdrives.

Showin the love to Blitzball!:drunk:

I never lose a game on my replays anymore, even the Luca game during the Yuna rescue is easier now that I've played the hell out of Blitzball. My team on most playthroughs:

Tidus
Ropp (same side as Tidus)
Jassu (center)
A Guado (can't remember his name, hes mainly for speed, opposite Tidus)
A defender whose opposite Ropp
Keepa (and sometimes a different guy, but usually Keepa)

My strat is simple........Jassu passes to Tidus, and he immediately Jecht Shot's from mid-field! This is of course after Tidus is ridiculously overpowered.

My early game strat is just to have Tidus work his way towards the goal before Jassu/the Guado passes to him, and Jecht Shot usually takes care of the rest. Jassu is a decent early defender, and coupled with Tidus (who is decent with some Techs) is a good initial defense. Ropp usually handles anyone who gets through.

Keepa is.....Keepa. He'll stop everything one game and give up 3 goals the next. It doesn't really matter though, Tidus scores about 6-9 times a game for the most part. Easy cheesy.

Believe it or not, Keepa doesn't become that good of a goalie later on. His shot at level 99 overall is 99 shot. his catch is only 39 at level 99 overall.

To be honest, a goalie isn't that important of a position in blitzball, though i did pick up the best goalie possible.

Here's a super stacked team which involves mostly AL Bhed players.

Tidus - Forward --Jecht Shot. Nuff' said.
Blappa - Forward -- At level 20 his shots is 29 + Sphere Shot
Letty - Mid -- At level 20 his pass is decent at 22.
Judda - Defense -- At level 20 her attack is 22, pass is 24, and endurance is 23
Lakkam - Defense -- At level 20 her attack is 20 and pass is 33
Nimrook - Goalie -- Best goalie throughout levels. At level 99 his catch reaches 64 which is the best you can get.

Last edited:
I don't know how yu could vote for this waste of time as positive.

Minigames are basically distractions from the gameplay mode that one buys the main game to experience. They're bad until proven otherwise. And this is one of the most time consuming and boring ones I've played. And this game is full of them.

Minigames are minigames...

I don't know how yu could vote for this waste of time as positive.

Minigames are basically distractions from the gameplay mode that one buys the main game to experience. They're bad until proven otherwise. And this is one of the most time consuming and boring ones I've played. And this game is full of them.

I couldn't disagree more.
I enjoyed blitzball...

I didn't like the lightning dodge...or the butterflies or the -0.0 chocobo race...I didn't because you had to be perfect in those to get the celestial item for the weapon.
So it's reasonable to complain about those.
shrugs.
Considering that Square has pretty much abandoned mingames I find the lack of them..the loss of them unsatisfying and without them the games are incomplete.
FF games need minigames.

sorry to say to all lovers but its dull
never learn how to play it never will =(
dunno how lol.

Well I am happy they are gone. If they would at least make them totally optional I wouldn't bother so much. But they needed to be really optional, i.e they can't have so good prizes that you would be forced to play anyway to tackle on the superbosses.

I think you're in the minority of fans friend.I feel comfortable that most fans want minigames included in their FF games.

Believe it or not, Keepa doesn't become that good of a goalie later on. His shot at level 99 overall is 99 shot. his catch is only 39 at level 99 overall.

To be honest, a goalie isn't that important of a position in blitzball, though i did pick up the best goalie possible.

Yea I'd agree to both points, Keepa isn't that good AND a goalie isn't really needed if you have enough offense. Everytime I went to recruit another goalie, they were always contracted by another team, so I just kept Keepa. :(

Also, I can see how people get tired of it, but I don't see how people get upset that it's in the actual game. You only HAVE to play it once, and you really don't even have to do anything (during the first visit to Luca) because you can lose the game.

Now if people want all the extras (like Wakka's overdrive/ultimate weapon), then they have to play blitzball. It's all optional stuff, which I love! Sidequests and optional things are a big plus in a game to me (especially FF). :gasp:

I think you're in the minority of fans friend.I feel comfortable that most fans want minigames included in their FF games.

That depends on the forum you post. Most fans I've spoken to endure Blitzball at best, when it isn't ebbing their tolerance.

The question brought up wasn't just about blitzball...

That depends on the forum you post. Most fans I've spoken to endure Blitzball at best, when it isn't ebbing their tolerance.

but about minigames period.

The person who posted claimed he didn't want any minigames.

My response was that FF fans do want minigames.You can debate as to which ones you might want included in future FFs as well as which ones were the best or the worst in past FFs..but fans do want them.

That much is obvious.

Well, it seems Squeenix has dropped them, so they shouldn't have such widespread acceptance.

Not sure if that's the case....

Well, it seems Squeenix has dropped them, so they shouldn't have such widespread acceptance.

we don't know if there are any in Versus for example.I hope there are some.

A lack of minigames for me would be further evidence of FF's decline and a reason for me to give up the series in favor of western type rpgs.

shrugs..we'll see.

:gasp:

Let's keep this on topic, guys. If you want to discuss minigames in general, I suggest you make a thread in the FF General Discussion forum, and keep this one just to blitzball. Thank you.

I really did enjoy playing the Blitzball mini game. Don't know what it was, but it had something about it. But I found it alot of fun and really did enjoy it.

Back