• Epic

Votes: 93 52.8%
  • Dull

Votes: 69 39.2%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 14 8.0%

• Total voters
A creative game that's a bore to play.

If a new game were developed solely for Blitzball, then I'm sure it'd be more exciting. Enhanced graphics, more teams/players, and some added extras. I could have fun playing that.

The mini-game on Final Fantasy X? Yawn. Slow and boring.

Hey guys I stumbled across this forum (great forum btw) on Youtube. And I registered just to reply to this post. And this is why... (I think you'll like it - tell your friends):

blitz.
MENU ANIMATION

Art

Click here for more details! Part 1 (Assets)
Part 2 Interview and Goals for the game

We're trying to make a game that feels like that opening cinematic. This is not turn-based, it's fast-paced and action packed, but still has some of the core RPG things of Blitzball, like techniques and attributes. Oh and it's multiplayer so you can play along side your friends, build a Blitzball team with them and compete against other players. Please sign up at our forums so we can select you when the time comes for testing (might be several months yet and a warning - testing may be full of bugs) and we post updates there on the forums every now and then if you wanna follow the progress of the game. We have programmers, an artist (me), sound guys, composers, we will be purchasing servers to host the lobbies and games etc. It should be a lot of fun! If we can build a big community to play the game, all the better for the players since it's very much a multiplayer game.

I want to give any "early adopters" of this game in-game rewards too like special appearances.

Oh, and of course the game will be completely free when it's released.

I kind of want to raise awareness of this to get FF Fans on board with the project, whether it be participatory or as an interested observer (and to get our butts into gear so we get it out for you guys) but I don't want to spam anywhere or be a nuisance. So if you feel it's worth spreading around, please do spread it around. It would help us a bunch. Especially the url for the Whisper website, as that will be our HUB for all things Blitzball for the time being. I hope you guys like the idea and look forward to playing it as much as we do.

Last edited:
Bah, I was going to say the same thing.
Blitzball goes from being difficult, because your players are so pathetic to very easy because the other players don't level up at the same rate. I think it was a nice concept just poorly executed. After awhile it becomes to repetitive, some customisation of players stats would have been nice. The stats can sometimes be infuriating, especially when they do half of what they should when tackling.:rage: Also the change in camera angles messes up what direction you're swimming in.
It's encouraging to read through this thread. Because in this post for example, everything is fixed.

Some Examples:

1) You don't "outlevel" other teams. You have the same maximum statistics, but you just put them into different areas like Tackling, Blocking etc. Also you play against other players (I want a PvE mode though also) so you're never going to find it easy unless you're more skilled than the other player. So that should wade off some of the repetitiveness, each game can be fresh as you face different players with different strategies.
2) Customisation of player's stats is in. ATTRIBUTES
3) You'll never have more Tackling than their Endurance but still lose the encounter. Your stats will be subtracted from oneanother and if the Ball Carrier's endurance reaches zero, they can't carry the ball anymore. If the Goalkeeper's Blocking reaches zero, they can't block anymore etc.
4) And it's a completely different camera system (think of MMOs like WoW, TOR, Guild Wars 2) where you can look in a certain direction. (You will throw the ball in that direction too, allowing you to aim a pass or shot).

Just thought I'd give a little more insight into the mechanics of the game.

No matter how much I read and practiced I honestly could not get the hang of Blitzball, so I've never won a game. :olivia:

I don't find it dull though, it's a challenging kind of fun.

I always hated when the portion of the game that forced you to play came around. It's the first thing that comes to mind when I think of FF minigames that tilt me :/

definatly epic, it is rare for a game to make up a game and make it important to the game, instead of giving it a 1 time appearence

Back