Blitzball - Epic Or Dull?

• Epic

Votes: 93 52.8%
  • Dull

Votes: 69 39.2%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 14 8.0%

• Total voters
I liked the opening FMV of the Blitzball game. It made the game look fun and exciting. I was very disappointed with the actual mini-game though. It was kind of boring and irritating. I've only ever played at the required tournament game and that's it.

I personally thought it was dull, its probably because I could never really get the hang of playing it right and i have never ever won a game of it.
I just suck at it

I've played about 20 games so far, and I have to say both.

It's beyond awesome when you have two evenly matched teams going at it, and the score constantly changes, and you have to be damn near perfect to win.

It's beyond boring when you CA-LEERLY decimate the other team in stats, and you have 4 points before the half.

And I want to kill people when I fight Luca Goers, or Al Bhed Psyches. They beat me every time, which is why I've never won a tournament yet.

i enjoyed it really. slow yes, annoying sometimes yes.. but fun :D

[Please can we put a bit more effort into the post and state why you find it epic or dull as one-liners are not allowed. Thank you.]

I never could figure Blitzball out so I never really liked it.

I think I tried five games, couldn't win any of them and quit :(

It may be an interesting sport to watch though.

i loved blitzball, i found that when the game was getting difficult and i was getting annoyed, it was a great way to break the game up and relax really. although i think it could have had more detail as it was pretty basic (you were very limited to what you could do)

It was actually quite fun and I felt that I needed to play it. Especially since one of the rewards was quite epic. It was sure better than Triple Triad, though. It provided a fun side-game to the main game. It was fun and intuitive, imo.

I loved playing Blitz ball I think that I played it more than FFX itself.I didt start geting into it until I beat FFX so yes epic mini game.I wont say it could not have had better gameplay, it did get dull every now and then but still fun:D

Last edited:
Personally i love FFX's Blitzball (it was certainly a hell of alot better to the attempt they had on FFX-2) just the way it was, anhow they set it up. The fact that you coul play it whenever you wanted from a save point (epening on which part of the game you were at) but i always used to save playing it until later in the Game, namely before i entered Sin, so that all the characters were low leveled, and i coul sign all the good players to my team, before any of the other teams ha a chance to.

I just Love the Blitzball game, and i quite often have two saves at thesame timeon FFX, one of which is my general game, where i progress in the story, and level my characters well, with playinglittle blitzball, and the other is the complete opposite, i have it set up so my characters fail, and so i play Blitball constantly on it.

The idea is awesome, the mini-game incredibly dull. The outcome of the 'battles' is much to random and the gameplay is to slow.

Great idea, just poorly implemented and realised I constantly found myself cussing as I was waiting for the timer to run down while 5 - 0 up, Jecht Shot combined with Tidus'es high End and Shot stats make it far too easy to win.

Blitzball has got to be the worst FF minigame ever invented. Not only does your ball get stolen when you throw it in the opposite direction of your opponents, your team mates are very low-level [lvl 1's trying to beat 4's? How unfair!]. Also they're also incompetent in auto mode. And also, I think I've only ever won a game once out of the few times I've played this game through. The concept is interesting and it might even make for a decent actual sport, but I shudder at the thought of having to try to play it again. And also, I'll probably never get Wakka's ultimate weapon because you have to win anywhere between 5-250 games just to get World Champion. No thanks.

Last edited:
I wasn't very keen on Blitzball, but I think that was more because I didn't understand it than I didn't enjoy it. Plus I wanted to get on with the storyline than play some sport...

Blitzball -Dull-

I was also won over by the opening scene of Tidus kicking butt in Blitzball, so I was excited about getting into the game, but when I realsied that it is more of a maths game than anything, and it was as boring as it was, I was pretty shattered.

I was also pretty frustrated at the fact that the team you play as have almmost no hope against the Luca Goers seeing as theit stats are so low. I mean, could I have a fighting chance here?

(Yeah, I didn't win a single game. I bow down to all those who did taste victory.)

In FFX-2 it was even worse seeing as you have no control over the characters at all. It was like watching a really boring movie that puts you to sleep!

Anyway, yeah, for me Blitzball was a real letdown.

I found blitzball pretty easy after the initial rough levels (1-5 you will spend more time losing and cutting your losses than winning) but once you pass the threshold with skills like venom tackle, super goalie and one of the pass skills on a couple of your characters you should find the learning curve decreases quite vastly.

Although I find it boring, I do it mainly for Wakka's world champion but I do find it fun when you break through an entire team on defence and score with tidus (tackle slip and jecht shot = no defence) not to mention I love how well animated the Jecht shot is even if its pretty much a 90% guaranteed goal everytime.

I loved it, it brought the mini-gaming to another level,
although it easily got boring if you played it over-time,
And I reckon it would have been more sucsessful if it was lets say a seperate game?
if they had made it a final fantasy extra game, including teams from all final fantasy games
it would have been epic,
but for a mini-game i still say its epic!!

i think that if you understood how to play, it would be epic. but for those of us who cant figure it out *cough*me*cough* it's pretty dull. i'm probably never going to get wakka's ultimate weapon becuase I have no idea how to play it

I loved this...When i got tired of random battles and main story i would just go play Blitzball but after having played 201,5 battles it got dull and when i still didn't have Wakkas overdrives i just looked on gamefaqs for a quick way and did it...but overall VERY epic if you challenge yourself and do a Besaid Aurochs only restriction which means not Tidus!! Btw its epic

Oooh, I just voted and there's a tie, 20-20.
I found it dull, completely boring. After I saw the opening, I was hooked, I wanted to play blitzball asap. But when I actually played it, I was so disappointed. It's so... UGH, time consuming. >_> I only played it when I had to, i was oh-so lucky when I won the first time, but it's just terrible and I'm terrible at it, I just don't want to try anymore.

Blitzball suked so much. First off no matter how skilled you are the opposing team is so over powering u need extreme luck to win the tourny game (i have a feeling im going to be challenged by this but this is just my opinion). I didnt play blitz after the time where the game made me play and then i had it on auto so i dont know if it gets easier from then on (most likely not).

So to sum it up, if this game required pure skill minus the luck of winning games from the opposing teams cheapness i think i wouldnt mind playing every once in a while. But Sphere Break kicks blitz balls ass! that is all.

Back