Article: *SPOILERS* FFX|X-2 Remaster voice drama leaks out! FFX-3 becoming increasingly likely

You guys are going to love what they've done to Yuna.

The young woman who would (nearly always) quickly dash to one's help in FFX-2 despite having already defeated a giant whale two years previously has become in X-2.5 a recluse who stays in Besaid the whole time, and is often found in the temple praying to a Fayth that is no longer there. She won't lift a finger for anyone's aid unless the name "Tidus" is mentioned.

After witnessing the whole "dead woman who inexplicably is able to speak to her family despite the fact that she is supposed to be a shape made out of Pyreflies" thing, Yuna and company realise that Sin has returned. When our new characters ask Yuna what they should do about Sin, she decides to visit Bevelle after all, because Tidus is apparently there. And of course, she can't possibly make any decision without consulting Tidus at all. No, no, no, no, no!

So she meets Tidus and gets pissy, accusing him of having another girl. Tidus says no and that they're just friends. Yuna calls it off anyway and declares that she has another man in her life. Tidus wonders who this person is, but the answer is on the lines of "you don't know who he is". When Tidus later asks Lulu about this, Lulu simply tells him that he will have to find out who Yuna's new boyfriend is himself.

And is Sin ever brought up during this little lovers' spat? Nope.

High Summoner Yuna, everybody!

Thanks, Dramatis

tumblr_m3vdo5gLgb1rot4hlo1_500.png

My message to square;
tumblr_m3ry79Is051rot4hlo1_250.gif

I can't believe square made them break up, but they broke up because Yuna got suspicious of a friend. That is not only SO out of character for her, but it's ridiculous that Tidus isn't trying to convince her she's wrong about the friend. It's like both characters have suddenly become pessimistic, pacifists that don't want to fight for anything, including each other. And people, stop thinking of who Yuna's new lover is, she was very clearly just saying that to make Tidus jealous.

I wouldn't care half as much about this if THIS

tumblr_m70mfuLgDn1ryc3ujo1_250.gif
tumblr_m70mfuLgDn1ryc3ujo2_250.gif

tumblr_m70mfuLgDn1ryc3ujo3_250.gif
tumblr_m70mfuLgDn1ryc3ujo4_250.gif

tumblr_m70mfuLgDn1ryc3ujo5_250.gif
tumblr_m70mfuLgDn1ryc3ujo6_250.gif

didn't exist.

because that was one of the most romantic things I have ever seen before (for anything) and if they don't make this break up classy or give it a good reason, or have an amazing conclusion of them getting back together I will never touch another ff title ever again.

Oh god. This sounds awful. Tidus and Yuna breaking up? But maybe not breaking up? Sounds like unnecessary drama, after all they've been through and now they've regressed to a high school mentality, I like someone else but I'm not telling you who it is and you'll have to find out yourself blah blah blah. Oh god. And Sin is back? What? That doesn't even make sense, everything in X was about destroying Sin for good, everything in X-2 was about Yuna finding Tidus, and now they're essentially going to shit all over both games? Gimme a break. If this is true I wouldn't go near this game if SE paid me.

You guys are going to love what they've done to Yuna.

The young woman who would (nearly always) quickly dash to one's help in FFX-2 despite having already defeated a giant whale two years previously has become in X-2.5 a recluse who stays in Besaid the whole time, and is often found in the temple praying to a Fayth that is no longer there. She won't lift a finger for anyone's aid unless the name "Tidus" is mentioned.

After witnessing the whole "dead woman who inexplicably is able to speak to her family despite the fact that she is supposed to be a shape made out of Pyreflies" thing, Yuna and company realise that Sin has returned. When our new characters ask Yuna what they should do about Sin, she decides to visit Bevelle after all, because Tidus is apparently there. And of course, she can't possibly make any decision without consulting Tidus at all. No, no, no, no, no!

So she meets Tidus and gets pissy, accusing him of having another girl. Tidus says no and that they're just friends. Yuna calls it off anyway and declares that she has another man in her life. Tidus wonders who this person is, but the answer is on the lines of "you don't know who he is". When Tidus later asks Lulu about this, Lulu simply tells him that he will have to find out who Yuna's new boyfriend is himself.

And is Sin ever brought up during this little lovers' spat? Nope.

High Summoner Yuna, everybody!

Thanks, Dramatis

I think this is my major problem with the whole drama, seeing my farviote character's personally completly teared to peices twice and then served to dogs is just terrible, the writers have made her a dumb teenager that won't do anything until one person's name is mentioned. That was not her at all in either games

The person who posted the translation on Youtube has said that they did not mean Yuna and Tidus have broken up, but that they are not together all of the time. The reason for this is unknown. :lew: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpWZ4bli70Q

arrrrr, that made this slightly less bad

let's hope the rest was mis'translated like this, haha

arrrrr, that made this slightly less bad

let's hope the rest was mis'translated like this, haha
I will still be displeased if either Yuna or Tidus claim that they are seeing someone else in order to make the other jealous. The Tidus and Yuna I love would never sink so low. -_- Even if your partner has been a bit insensitive, even if you have had relationship issues, even if you have been unable to resolve a dispute, you should never do something like this to someone you used to love. It's completely immature. It's more of a Rikku thing... Maybe this Yuna is really Rikku in disguise? Yuna turned into Lenne and Leblanc turned into Yuna after all. :lew: All she needs is a dressphere!

Well.

It turns out that the audio drama is NOT called Final Fantasy X-2.5. It's actually called Final Fantasy X -Will-.

This is FFX-2.5:

Final_Fantasy_X-2.5_cover.jpg

A short novel, also written by Kazushige Nojima himself.

From what scant details I could find about the plot, it involves Tidus dying...again. He and Yuna end up shipwrecked on a mysterious island somehow, and Tidus dies during the shipwrecking. Yuna is able to reconjure him up from the Farplane again somehow, but the re-revived Tidus doesn't seem to be himself.

And as a result of this, the Farplane begins to grow unstable, setting up the events of the audio drama. Pyrefly images of the dead suddenly seem sentient, and even Sin itself returns. As a result of the events of the X-2.5 novel, Yuna changes as well, and becomes a recluse in Besaid temple.

At last, something that makes sense!

I suppose the canon now is:

FFX ---> FFX-2 ---> FFX-2 Last Mission ---> FFX-2.5 novel ---> FFX - Will - ---> FFX-3?

Well I think I'm going to reserve judgement until I actually see it myself. Sometimes things are said in a certain way, but seem totally different when written down. I'm just gonna wait and see what I think when I finally do see the English one.

Well.

It turns out that the audio drama is NOT called Final Fantasy X-2.5. It's actually called Final Fantasy X -Will-.

This is FFX-2.5:

Final_Fantasy_X-2.5_cover.jpg

A short novel, also written by Kazushige Nojima himself.

From what scant details I could find about the plot, it involves Tidus dying...again. He and Yuna end up shipwrecked on a mysterious island somehow, and Tidus dies during the shipwrecking. Yuna is able to reconjure him up from the Farplane again somehow, but the re-revived Tidus doesn't seem to be himself.

And as a result of this, the Farplane begins to grow unstable, setting up the events of the audio drama. Pyrefly images of the dead suddenly seem sentient, and even Sin itself returns. As a result of the events of the X-2.5 novel, Yuna changes as well, and becomes a recluse in Besaid temple.

At last, something that makes sense!

I suppose the canon now is:

FFX ---> FFX-2 ---> FFX-2 Last Mission ---> FFX-2.5 novel ---> FFX - Will - ---> FFX-3?
This still sounds utterly stupid. :sad3:
I had to check to see whether this novel was written by the same man who brought us Final Fantasy X... Had the writers been different, I would have been able to regard this as nothing more than fan fiction. Alas, I cannot. The writer of Final Fantasy X chose to bring us this. Yuna and Tidus would not choose this as a part of THEIR story. :hmph:

hey, the book from the sounds of it makes the events in the drama make sense, so in simple terms.

Tidus dies again, this leaves us with a Upset Yuna, which in turn leads to her exacting Tidus from the farplane

This however causes the farplane to become unstable, causing plyflys to leak into Spira, causing images of the dead to appear as real life product.... Including Sin, even Tidus seems 'different'

In turn, relizing that these series of events, Including Sin's return was ultimatly caused by Yuna exacting Tidus from the farplane, she goes into depression and ends up locking herself into the temple as besaid as she is confused and is unsure what her next move should be.

An unconfirmed rumour of what MIGHT be in the book and some readers' reactions:

There's a lot of comments about how much they feel bad for Tidus, and that Yuna acts really cold towards him. There's a few saying they hate Yuna in the novel. There's apparently a lot of sexual stuff in it. There's a scan of one page in which Tidus tells Yuna if they get into battle he might lose his fighting spirit because he's distracted by how sexy she is. And apparently Tidus gets his head blown off by a bomb and dies (and only 2 days after getting resurrected), but he comes back to life again because he's made of Pyreflies, and Yuna has control over him.

Our hypothetical FFX-3 should just be a wacky (dark) comedy now. Tidus just keeps dying and coming back in increasingly more outlandish and ridiculous ways.

So what we can deduce from pieces of the novella and the audio drama (aptly named, don't you think?) is that

- Something is wrong with the farplane genetic make up. Tidus keeps dying somehow, which is why he appears injured and weak to Chaumi.
- Theory: Tidus and Yuna haven't exactly split up, but with Tidus not being... right in the body, he's left, possibly to find a way to fix it. Or he just couldn't be around her if he wasn't right.
- Theory 2: Yuna is a recluse on Besaid for the same reason. Tidus is unstable and Sin has come back somehow, so everything that Yuna fought for and sacrificed has just been for nothing. There's also something inherently wrong with Tidus and she just doesn't know how to fix him.
- Theory 3: Nojima's gone into fanfic mode and ruined everything.

Last edited:
Apparently Tidus spots a Blitzball-shaped object and decides to kick around with it. But the ball turns out to be a bomb and it unceremoniously explodes, taking off Tidus's head somehow. Yuna is knocked back by the explosion and the next thing she knows, his decapitated head lands next to her, etched on it the lifeless and frozen gaze of surprise. Yuna, naturally horrified by this particularly gory yet cartoony untimely death, passes out. Later on, she would resurrect Tidus again, and there all the problems between them allegedly begin. Something about Yuna not wanting Tidus to be aware of what the heck he actually is(?).

You know, even though this whole expanded universe stuff is unnecessary, there are some potentially good little places you can run with this:

1) By having the Fayth dream him back when they weren't supposed to, has Tidus's resurrection the first time done some unforeseen damage/adverse effect? That's worth exploring.

2) Has it worsened by Yuna requesting his return a second game, hence the barriers between the Farplane and Spira beginning to substantially blur and totally screw up the metaphysical order of the world?

BUT Nojima just has to make this as difficult to seriously swallow as possible. The alleged events of Tidus's second death just elicits some laughter from me, and I can't take it very seriously. Nor can I take seriously the fact that there's sexual content/references strewn around. Hence why I suggested that FFX-3 should feature Tidus as South Park's Kenny, because at this point, they may as well roll with this fantastic dark piece of humour. Then there's the tween drama edge to the audio drama that in itself sounds utterly insufferable - far from the appealing starting point for any potential FFX-3.

The person who posted the translation on Youtube has said that they did not mean Yuna and Tidus have broken up, but that they are not together all of the time. The reason for this is unknown. :lew: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpWZ4bli70Q

Just ended up reading through the comments the person added and they said the bad dream part was an apparent joke. The "bad dream" they were referring to was apparently her costume get up in X-2. Which may mean she is back to a more traditional summoner attire we saw her wear in X.

Apparently, Yuna woke up from her "bad dream" (aka her FFX-2 version) and is talking like her FFX self again. Rikku and Paine aren't mentioned in this bonus audio. (Guys, the bad dream part was a joke I made, don't take it literally!)

BREAKING NEWS, IMAGES OF TIDUS'S SECOND DEATH

kciksbombttsvx.gif

Oh god. I love FFX, it's my favorite. I never made it through FFX-2 Because the premise just... I couldn't get past it. Now they're making a third? I don't understand why everything has to have a sequel. Can we go back to the awesome stories that only have one game please? Or if there's a sequel- just ONE sequel with ALL questions answered for once? (still waiting on what's going on with those dudes from the end of dirge of cerberus)

Back