Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Song addictions that is :ryan:

I get addicted to songs all the time, half the time with no reason and I just cant stop listening to it. Its like, i could listen to one song over and over and over for AGES then all of a sudden, Il be addicted to summat else

Upside - heard it and loved it the first time and its still top of my most played...by quite a margin too

Supermassive black hole, dont even know what triggered the love for this one, I jsut decided I loved it andkept listening to it all the time

Ground Beneath Her Feet. Its the last track on all that you cant leave behind....and I could never make it through the ful albuim becaus the last few tracks bored me then one day i was like HOW DID I MISS THIS?!

Exo Politics came from no where a couple of weeks ago, kinda like, what happened wit SMBH. ive heard it loads anyway, then all of a sudden I was like RAWR i cant stop listening to it

Then there was Muses new album. I was so addicted to undisclosed desires it made its way to 3rd most played on my most played list, and that was like within having the album 2 weeks

THEN I moved onto I belong to you. I didnt even LIKE it at first, then Ijsut totally got addicted and couldnt stop listening to it

I now think Im develoing one for Vienna by Ultravox

Could be worse I suppose....at least its not harmful to my health

So, does this hapen to anyone else or am I just off my rocker?

This isnt a fave song thread btw, its songs that you randomly get addicted too, listn to for ages, get over it and get a new addiction ¬_¬

I've had this happen to me since like...forever. XD

At the moment I'm currently addicted to:

Kevin Rudolf - Let It Rock

I'm into the 8th month of addiction with this song. I just love the beat and OMG I went to Dracula's (dinner and show restuarant) and their opening song was LET IT ROCK!
I was squealing like a rabid fan girl. XD

Lady Gaga - Love Game

I just love the Disco Stick part. :wacky: I think I've gotten addicted to nearly all of her songs to be honest. Pokerface is another that I can never stop listening to in the car. I just like the P-P-Pokerface part mostly. XD If it's not rough it isn't fun. :wacky:

There are more than that but it's like 7:30am and I'm surprised I can remember how to string words together at the minute. XD

I've had this happen to me since like...forever. XD

At the moment I'm currently addicted to:

Kevin Rudolf - Let It Rock

I'm into the 8th month of addiction with this song. I just love the beat and OMG I went to Dracula's (dinner and show restuarant) and their opening song was LET IT ROCK!
I was squealing like a rabid fan girl. XD

Lady Gaga - Love Game

I just love the Disco Stick part. :wacky: I think I've gotten addicted to nearly all of her songs to be honest. Pokerface is another that I can never stop listening to in the car. I just like the P-P-Pokerface part mostly. XD If it's not rough it isn't fun. :wacky:

There are more than that but it's like 7:30am and I'm surprised I can remember how to string words together at the minute. XD

I saw your Advent Children video on youtube that featured Kevin Rudolf. I found the song and fell in love with it. Its your fault! XD

I remember hearing Nelly Furtado - Maneater, the song Hot 'N Cold, don't remember who sang it though, and that one song by Duffy that got popular. One thing about the sudden Pop song addictions though, they're so addictive when you first hear them, but after listening to it fifty times in a row, you can't really listen to it anymore. At least that's how I am with all of those songs now.

Last edited:
For me at the moment it would be:

Lovestoned/ I Think She Knows Interlude by Justin Timberlake

I LOVE this song at the moment. I decided I needed to have both of his albums RIGHT NOW, and of all the songs this one just stuck out for me and I've been listening to it like non stop.

Room Of Angel - Akira Yamaoka

I heard this song in a video for the Silent Hill movie. Its apparently from Silent Hill 4, and I LOVE it. its haunting and eerie but beautiful. I've listened to it like 50 times in the last 2 days. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

There're only two songs that I'm hooked on at the moment.

Cheryl Cole - Fight For This Love

I don't think anyone's surprised by this, considering my new username. So pleased that she reached no. 1 in the charts tonight! It's more of the chorus that gets me and relates to certain aspects of my life, especially as of lately. The video's quite random as well and I'm trying to learn the dance moves, which don't seem too hard to do. I'd also been looking forward to Cheryl releasing some solo material, so this has made me a happy bunny!

Sugababes - About A Girl

Like anyone else, I was shocked at first that Keisha was forced out the band. However, I'm very pleased with the replacement that is Jade Ewen. I didn't like this version of the song at first, but then it grew on me and I've been playing it non-stop this weekend. It promotes girl power. However, I'm not overly keen on the video. The girls look slutty and do cheap dance moves. I'm hoping they'll improve with their upcoming singles in terms of producing their music videos.

Cold - Bleed

Christ when I first heard this song in my life, I kind of stopped for a second and sat down and truly listened to the beautiful lyrics. Scooter Ward is definitely something.

Ben Harper - Amen Omen

Another amazing song I can always come back to and reminds of what happened on Dec, 3rd 1998. R.I.P. My boy! You will always be remembered.

THIS MEANS NOTHING TO ME etc etc

I kind of know what you mean, however if I quite like a song I don't often listen to it more than once a day, because nothing ruins a song like over playing it.
So I know what you mean, but I don't want to ruin the song so I don't listen to songs over and over again.

I'm addicted to the song time is running out.

Matter of fact i got it playing right now, yes as in right now like as i type this post. :D

EDIT: Can you please put a little more effort into your posts. Such as why you're addicted to the song and what you like about it etc. Thanks. =)

Last edited by a moderator:
I do occassionaly go through stages where one or more songs I get really addicted to, and I end up trying to make myself listen to them at least once a day.. But I don't tend to stick a song on repeat. Like Hal said, I like to listen to music and enjoy it but having the same song on repeat for ages might spoil it. Eventually, even if you still like the song, your mind will stop listening to it and just take it as background noise.

I've recently been like this with songs such as:
Flesh N' Blood - Oingo Boingo.
Little Girls - Oingo Boingo.
Private Life - Oingo Boingo.
Enjoy the Silence - Depeche Mode.
Call the Ships to Port - Covenant.
Almost Human - Voltaire.
Ashes to Ashes - David Bowie.

I've just realised that it would be silly to try and list them all, and it could go on for ages, so I'll stop there.

None of those songs I ever gave up listening to, despite listening to them a lot. I still like the songs and listen every now and then, etc.

The two I really love at the mo are No Heaven by Champion. Its from the Borderlands trailer and its just addictive lol. Its so upbeaty and just fabulous.

Also How Soon is Now by Love Spit Love. Ive been watching Charmed lately, so its just sticking in my head lol :D

I took it out on you - Newton Faulkner.

I think they reason I'm addicted is because he has brilliant vocals and also a brilliant guitar player, so he's different, he's not a pop singer, he's not a boyband or such like. He's one of the few acoustic guitar players that seem to be playing nowadays, and naturally, because of that he doesn't get the attention he deserves. The song in general is brilliant and extremely heartfelt.

Im addicted to 3 songs at the minute:

Sebastian Bach - Battle with the bottle
This is a country song, sung by the lead singer of 80's sleaze rock band Skid Row.
The song is about his battle alcohol addiction, Its a beautiful, slow paced, meaningful song.

Meat Loaf - Wasted Youth
Just a pure brilliant song in my opinion, its powerful, hardhitting and always good for a sing along!

Utada - Hikari
Pure and simply this song reminds me of Kingdom Hearts. It's a beautiful song that puts a smile on my face. There is no other way to describe it.

I have a short attention span when it comes to songs. Usually I'm attracted to the recent songs because older ones tend to be forgotten.

Black Eyed Peas- Meet me Halfway

This may be blasphemy, but I love it so much more than "I Gotta Feeling"! I just keep humming Fergie's part (essentially the chorus) and attempt to consistently rotate on the floor because of the video. What's more; I have adopted a new obsession with space and astronomy now because of the video's space theme. It's great how much Fergie transformed the band for the better when she debutted.

Jay Sean ft. Lil Wayne- Down

Admittedly, Lil Wayne irritates me, and I wish he isn't in the song. But thankfully he doesn't ruin the song completely. I don't know why I like it exactly. It could be because I haven't heard much from Jay Sean for a while, or it could be the tune itself. It may be the latter because I'm humming it while I'm typing this!

@SapphireStar- Do I see a quotation from me there as part of your signature?

I have a few songs right now that I can't stop listening to. Don't judge me :hmph: . Can't Hold Us by Macklemore is a really good one. I must have heard it at least 20 times today. Gold Digger by Kanye West, because...... I like it. >_> I don't remember how the fuck I found out about it or anything, it was just kinda..... There. In The End by Linkin Park. And finally, I Need 5 by Jim Johnston. That's the theme song for Big E Langston, and I can't stop listening to it! I love the lyrics. "3 ain't enough man, I need 5! More time to keep yo ass alive! More time to see the fear inside! No place to run, no place to hide!" XD

Back