30 Seconds to Mars

Serah

l'Cie,
Veteran
Gil
₪ ø lll .o·
Jared-jared-leto-74943_1024_768-sma.jpg

I browsed through all 12 pages of this section and did not once find a thread on these guys. This is one of my absolute favourite rock bands ever. The band consists of Jared Leto- frontman/guitarist, Tomo Milicevic- guitarist, and Shannon Leto- drummer. They used to have a bassist by the name of Matt Watcher, but he left a couple of years ago due to exhaustion from touring so much and also had another opportunity with another band to record and play music with and not tour so much. It was sad to see him go. Shannon Leto is also Jared's older brother. Jared Leto is also an accomplished actor as well. You may know him in a films such as Requiem for a Dream, Lord of War, American Psycho, Urban Legend, and Alexander.

Anyway, 30 Seconds to Mars currently have three albums out. Their first album self-titled, their 2nd album (which is my personal fave) called The Beautiful Lie. This album is the album that you probably would be familiar with some songs off of it. One of the songs for example is The Kill. The video was inspired by the movie The Shining. Another would be From Yesterday which was filmed in China with a complete Chinese concept to the entire video. It's beautiful and very very well done. Lastly would be A Beautiful Lie which was actually filmed on top of the polar ice caps 200 miles north of the Arctic Circle. Another beautifully done video by the band. Jared directs all the videos that the band makes under the alias Bartholemew Cubbins, which is a name taken from a Dr. Seuss book. Their newest album is called This is War. They have already done a new video for their newest single Kings and Queens. These boys have a very brilliant mind when it comes to creating such artist videos.

Another thing that I love about them is they're very very funny, as well as kind-hearted and good natured. They're very sweet, especially Jared, and actually care about their fans. One thing I remember in particular was a couple of girls were hoping to afford tickets to go to one of their shows and Jared straight up gave them tickets and backstage passes for after the show so they could come in and see them play. That's just an example of what incredible people they are. Another thing I love about them is their ability to put on a live rock show as well as a live acoustic show. I'll post their official videos on here if anybody is interested in watching them as well as a couple of their acoustic vids so you can take a look. I have to say that this is one of the most underrated bands really. They deserve more recognition, so if you're a fan of 30 Seconds to Mars, please feel free to post! Now, onto the videos!

The Kill

From Yesterday

A Beautiful Lie

The Kill-live

The Story-live/acoustic

The Kill-live/acoustic/orchestra

A Modern Myth-live/acoustic/orchestra

Sorry for all the videos. I just really feel this band deserves more recognition. I really do. They're so talented and deserve to be recognized for that talent.

I was going to make a topic but wasn't sure if one had been made, good thing it wasn't D:

I got into them back when A Beautiful Lie came out, at the time the first vid i saw from them was The Kill. I loved it, after watching it and hearing from yesterday i immediately went and got the album. Been a fan ever since, i like how Jared won't play at venues if the band is promoted with him being an actor. I've only seen a few movies with him in it, i've been on the lookout for more.

Anyway, i didn't think the newest album wasn't going to be as good as the others because a band member left and i was worried at the time how it would affect their performances and albums later on in the future. But the album is great and I look forward to more from the band. D:

Gonna post some vids now <3 I'll embed em later :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H49rAttWmJg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2uxMFq4eWI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BysmwGCT6JQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0DZVxk_EKY&feature=related

I do really love 30 Seconds To Mars, their music is really good, and Jared Leto is really hot :D

My favourite song from them has to be The Story, it's just lush and has a calmness to it. But I also love From Yesterday.

Even though they might appear as a bunch of weirdoes to people who tend to judge on appearance, this band has quite a load of a talent. The message they share with each song is so deep.

On a side note...
You didn't post here "This is War" :sad3:

:mokken: Yes I did post about This is War. You can read about it in the 2nd paragraph. I just didn't post the video because I figured I had enough up. I guess not? Oh well, here's the video to Kings and Queens:

And for this album, the band actually gathered up thousands and thousands of fans from all over the world and implemented them into their songs as well as put their pictures all over their album covers. Each cover has different pictures of fans on them. It's just incredible what these guys do for their fans. I love them so much. And yes, Jared is VERY hot. :D

I was surprised when I found out how old Jared Leto was.
When I got the new album, This Is War, and I listened to it the first time I thought it sounded a bit samey throughout but it's still quite lovable and now I can't decide if I like it more than a Beautiful Lie or not.
But they are awesome.
I also like the fact that Jared directs all of their videos.

I've only heard The Kill and Attack, but I want to hear more of their songs soon. I first heard them when I was browsing through fan videos on YouTube and thought their stuff was quite amazing.

I liked The Kill, particularly the video but that's about it. I can't stand Jared Leto at all, I think he's an awful singer, a poor guitarist and an even worse actor. One of my favouite scenes in Fight Club is when the narrator almost kills his character, purely because he was played by Leto.

Great thread Serah! :D I love these guys too. They have such an original sound--when I try to explain them to people I always like to call it "outer space rock" because all the cool effects make me think of futuristic stuff/space travel etc. Jared's voice is phenomenal, and I think it's great that they try to promote themselves separately from his acting--I actually think he makes a better musician to be honest. And I second that they're really nice people--I was lucky enough to meet them one time, and they were really patient and took the time to hang out with everyone, take pictures, sign autographs, etc. for as long as the fans wanted. Their showmanship is great too--another time I saw them at this huge outdoor amphitheater as part of a festival, and during one of the songs ("The Fantasy", I think) Jared actually climbed up on top of the roof of the amphitheater and sang part of the song from up there! :awesome: It was totally awesome. Anyway, they're really great, and I'm glad there are so many other people who like them too. My favorite album so far I think is actually their first one ("Echelon" is my favorite song), but I also really like "From Yesterday" and "R-Evolve" off of their second one, so it's hard to decide. (I love in FY in the bridge where he goes "YEAAAAAAAH, ON HIS FACE IS A MAP OF THE WORLD!!":mrgreen:) And then there's their new CD, which I haven't gotten to listen to all of yet, but I have heard "Alibi", and that song absolutely floored me, particularly because I was working on a really emotional part in a story I'm writing and the feeling of the song was completely appropriate for it--I just went "Wow." It's such a deep song. :inlove:

Anyway, that's my two cents :)

30 second to mars is a great band =D
they've been on my list for a while. They have great talent and potential to be becone even bigger. Their music just pumps me up and I get into and I start to sing along >.> They have catchy songs.
Great band and I wish the best for this group<3 They have so much to look forward to as they become more famous.

They are my second fav band of all time, I adore them. Ive crushed on Jared for a good few years now, the man is just so freaking hot XD I have both of their first albums, 30 Seconds to Mars was bit bleh for me. The Beautiful Lie is just out of this world, its like a movie. One moment the music is dramatic and powerful, the next soft and gentle. Corny lol XD

This is War is soooo hard to get hold of where I live. Ill have to venture into Manchester city center for a copy! I was chuffed as the song This is War was requested for the Dragon Age Origins trailer!! Fav game and band slammed together was a treat for me. Defo need to see them live.

I absolutely love 30 seconds to mars. I actually started talking to Nick because I found out they had a new album coming out. xD I think, honestly, there are two songs on that album that are my favorites.

Hurricane ft. Kanye West Not everyone likes this version, but I think it's pretty good.

And 100 suns. though, I think it's part of This Is War, its just a beautiful song in itself.

And yes, I was like a lot of people that were shocked to learn Jared's age. I've gotta say, though: he looks soooooo good, no matter what! xD

Kandy-Sugar Edit: Fixed the embed links for YouTube.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ He really does.
Just by looking at his face I never would have guessed his age. This Is War is definitely my favourite song by them so far (and 100 Suns on the end!), I just think it's beauuuuuuutiful.

Sorry for the double-post, but I have to post this.

http://thirtysecondstomars.thisisthehive.net/blog/

the official US tour Dates spanning from April 9 to May 15 this year. I've already informed Mandi, and I can say that we're both super excited by this. :grin:

With my venue, anyway, tickets are only $33 a piece. :gasp: Congrats if you go. xD

Aaaah, I was gonna go see them because they were just here but the closest date was an hour or so away and it was an arena.
I have problems with arenas 'cause I'm so small, I die easily xD
I hope it's fantastic though.

Im gutted I missed their UK tour, I had no idea they were even here!! But wha upsets me more is what Jared has done to his beautiful hair! He looks awesome with a mohawk, but I love his lushy locks :(

UKtourjared3.jpg

I wasn't too fond of the mohawk at first, but it's sort of grown on me, though I do miss his beautiful locks. ;_; Oh Jared, whyyyyyyy? Ah well, it's okay. xD I can't fucking WAIT to go see them! Hubby said we're getting the best seats possible and if they do sell them, meet and greet tickets. I think I will probably burst into tears if I meet Jared Leto. :8F: Personally I think he looked best like this:

Blender002-1.jpg

I love men who wear eyeliner. :wacky: I'd say he, Gerard Way and Johnny Depp are really the only men in this world who can wear eyeliner and still look fucking sexy as hell.

Back