Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Ohri Jin
FFXIV Server
Cerberus
Serah Finds Lightning’s Knife, But It’s Usually In Her Room

By Spencer . August 22, 2011 . 1:32pm

Final Fantasy XIII-2 follows Serah on a quest to find her sister Lightning who was seen in a demo riding Odin and fighting Chaos Bahamut. Since Lightning isn’t around, and believed to be dead by her friends, who brought Lightning’s knife out of Serah’s room?

That bow Serah is holding is actually a transforming moogle, which can also change into a sword.

Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 battle screenshots.​

Serah will visit locations Lightning traveled to like the Yaschas Massif (Mt. Yaschas in the Japanese version). This mountainous region was once home to an ancient city, but was overrun by Cie’th in Final Fantasy XIII. Here’s what the Yaschas Massif looks like in Final Fantasy XIII-2.

event_022.jpg

meteorite2.jpg

Source - http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/22/serah-finds-lightnings-knife-but-its-usually-in-her-room/

I didnt know they displayed this game @ E3?

attachimg.gif
attachment.aspx

attachimg.gif
attachment.aspx

EDIT: OLD E3 gameplay DEMO (never saw it myself, date of upload June 9)

WELL HELLO HOPE:

H01.jpg

Last edited:
Serah looks as though if you touched her legs with your pinky she'd just... snap. Even her slippers have more bulk to them; she looks oddly designed. Every screenshot I've seen looks almost identical to the screenshots we were getting for Final Fantasy XIII. The joys. Game fail.

Grah. Battle system doesn't look as if it's changed much at all. Still looks like you only control one character and the stagger system is in place =___=;

To be honest- I think the weakest part so far is the characters, can anyone really believe that serah is in anyway a badass fighter? One of the only people I liked in 13 was Lightening and she seems relegated to a supporting role.

To be honest- I think the weakest part so far is the characters, can anyone really believe that serah is in anyway a badass fighter? One of the only people I liked in 13 was Lightening and she seems relegated to a supporting role.

So true. Sigh. Serah was my least favourite character (seconded closely by Snow) and now she seems to be the main. Damn damn.

I quite enjoyed the battle system but it would be disappointing to play the same system from XIII (with little change). I enjoyed XIII almost purely because of the new battle system and trying to work it out etc.

Now if we have the same battle system (nothing new to learn) plus a storyline that is not miles above the snore fest that was XIII (lets face it, it has a huge chance because Serah is the lead), this is not going to be a good game.

I feel like I'm one of the rare types out there who is very glad that Lighting is no longer in the spotlight and Serah has taken over. :olivia:

Serah's new costume looks pretty and the game is looking kind of cool, I wish people would stop complaining over little tiny details.
:tongue1:

Serah in that last shot is totally boss and all... but I still don't like that Lightning is gone. (I want to see Hope as well. I wanna see what he looks like all growed up.)

Is it just me, or does "Atlas" look like Dark Spectre from Power Rangers In Space?

In any case, unsurprisingly, nothing impresses me here, not even the graphics - after all, this is exactly the same as FFXIII. The only difference in this one is you get to play as jailbait and an effeminate guy...much like the older FF games. The biggest "gameplay" flaw with FFXIII was the "battle" system, which they don't appear to have fixed at all. More of the same? No thanks.

It also becomes more and more likely that Serah and Noel are the only playable characters you get to use which created the same problem as X-2 had for me, the lack of a huge cast of characters.

Unless SE plan to do a big character reveal or announce which characters will make a return I can see this game going lower and lower on my to-buy list :hmmm:

omg... why is serah an anorexic?? She looks like a cartoon stick figure with a little extra detail!! She is hideous.

That boy character looks ok I guess but I am not going to play this game for him.

I will probably buy and play this game because I am curious to see what has been fixed and what hasn't but I am going in with low expectations.

Meh everyone gripes so much about XIII,I think the game looks good...

I'll still play XIII and XIII-2 Regardless,I mean my Favorite FF was FF8 and people bitched and moaned about that one too but I loved it :P

but I like the screens and any chance to play a battle mode I haven't tried before sounds fun.

But again I haven't played either so I can't really judge how it will be.

Then again this game isn't even out yet and people complain D; give it a chance you can always rent it if its good buy it :P

Meh everyone gripes so much about XIII,I think the game looks good...

I'll still play XIII and XIII-2 Regardless,I mean my Favorite FF was FF8 and people bitched and moaned about that one too but I loved it :P

but I like the screens and any chance to play a battle mode I haven't tried before sounds fun.

But again I haven't played either so I can't really judge how it will be.

Then again this game isn't even out yet and people complain D; give it a chance you can always rent it if its good buy it :P

I am pretty sure everyone bitches and moans about every day at some level. I agree we should all try it before deciding to condemn it. Doesn't give much hope though..

The yaschas massif and paddra ruins look good to me. And if you look closely, the ruins area have npcs. In case you guys haven't heard, yes they promised presence of proper towns and npcs this time round.

Too bad it has a similar battle system. But I can't wait to see more of this game!

Ok I just saw the E3 footage (upload date June 9) and I have to say Lightning pretty much kicks ass with Odin fighting Chaos Bahamut..never saw this footage before..
I am still wondering is there even a main char? or can you switch chars or are there like chapters with different main chars in each of them?

We havent seen a full team yet...:hmmm:

Watching the videos I think the biggest improvement is the camera. The way the camera followed you around in the first one just hurt my eyes until I got used to it, and it was pretty awkward. This is more natural and doesn't swing around a lot. Battle system looks dumb, but the live trigger looks useful so you can hit enemies for preemptive strikes like in some other games I've played. Besides no changes to the overall battle system, the game looks to be alright.

I'm going to have to agree with what a lot of people have already said and say that this game is turning out to look more and more like the original.

I know, I know, that we haven't seen enough to make solid assumptions on the solidity of SE's claims to have fixed the linearity, the ability to hop back to towns that you have already visited, and etc... I will give them that the graphics are stunning and everything though. I'm just not too keen on the characters in this. Serah was never my favorite character and I can't say that I'm too fond of Noel's design. ...and now I'm again seeing how Lightning fans are going to be upset because they don't get to play as her for the entire game.

The cast of this is also looking incredibly small...so I hope that there are either a lot of new characters...or that the returning characters are less irritating and play a decent role in the game...because the game strictly being about Noel and Serah is going to get pretty boring pretty quick.

Ohhh SE, please prove me wrong :awesome:

I'm still not excited. It still looks the same as the first game and I didn't like the battle system at all. The only plus is that they've at least tried to make something to make the battle look a little bit more exciting.

The trailer already ruined it for me, as Serah had to be saved in that trailer 3 times.
"WHAT IS THAT!" Yeah it's a giant hand that will come your way in a few seconds girl. I bet standing at the same spot staring at it will help a lot!
I HATE characters like that.

I will probably buy it when it's on sale a few years later.

Sareh looks good to me. It is a fantasy game, I'm not expecting her to be jacked. I would prefer lightning but I always liked serah second in ffxiii and she was rarely seen soo. I'm excited for the game.

I remember that chick in Junior High who wore her hair like that...she was putting it straight by the end of the day...face it...Serah is lame...and buddy Atlas looks like a cross dresser...and I never liked Mount Munchus Assus to begin with...how bout that Final Fantasy 7 remake...or even better a Final Fantasy 6 done like 13 the moderness...This game is so paranoid I wanna blame it for the riots in London...

View attachment 1129

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back